PDA

View Full Version : Idiots leading our schools - Another Group of Administrators without common sense

darin
01-14-2008, 10:53 AM
http://www.komotv.com/news/13735117.html

BLUE RIVER, Ore. (AP) - Despite the connection to the school mascot, a rural school district has banned a proposed motto for a graduating high school class because it contains a religious reference.

Some of the 90 seniors at McKenzie High School had been inspired by a Bible verse quoted at the August funeral of a classmate killed in an all-terrain vehicle accident.

The entire verse was: "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles."

It was read at the memorial service for Ryan Snapp, who died Aug. 10 after hitting a tree in the alcohol-related crash.

The students deleted any references to God in the proposed motto based on the verse and the school mascot name, the Eagles.

But McKenzie School District officials rejected the motto as too religious: "They that believe shall mount up with wings as eagles."

Lemme get this straight -

THE STUDENTS came up with their own Motto...and the SCHOOL tells them they cannot use it because of at worst vague biblical references??

Am I wrong here, or is that school lead by Fools?

LiberalNation
01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Stupid, but that's what you get from school officials.

Abbey Marie
01-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Stupid, but that's what you get from school officials.

Truer words are rarely spoken. I really look forward to our daughter graduating out of this District in '09.

Mr. P
01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
http://www.komotv.com/news/13735117.html

Lemme get this straight -

THE STUDENTS came up with their own Motto...and the SCHOOL tells them they cannot use it because of at worst vague biblical references??

Am I wrong here, or is that school lead by Fools?

Morons teaching the youth today...the future looks bleak.

Little-Acorn
01-14-2008, 11:42 AM
The officials just don't want to get sued by the kind of people who make a career out of being offended by trivia, and have to spend millions of dollars to prove the obvious. Not entirely their fault.

Hagbard Celine
01-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey! August 10 is my birthday!