PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Uselss Fact...

Pale Rider
02-18-2007, 12:18 PM
I found this useless fact quite perplexing. Anybody want to venture a guess as to why? (Off the top of your head, BEFORE you google it.)

Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people do.

shattered
02-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I found this useless fact quite perplexing. Anybody want to venture a guess as to why?

Not really. I'm left-handed.

Pale Rider
02-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Not really. I'm left-handed.

So is my son. And another thing I heard long ago, and I'm not sure this is a fact, but, I heard left handed people on average were smarter than right handed. :dunno:

shattered
02-18-2007, 01:27 PM
So is my son. And another thing I heard long ago, and I'm not sure this is a fact, but, I heard left handed people on average were smarter than right handed. :dunno:

I wouldn't necessarily say "smarter", but definitely quicker on their feet. :D

Abbey Marie
02-18-2007, 02:22 PM

We lefties have to be. The world is against us!

Pale Rider
02-19-2007, 12:08 AM
We lefties have to be. The world is against us!

So, my son is a lefty, and he shots pool "right" handed. Why is that? Do you guys/gals do anything right handed that's an odd departure from left handed?

KitchenKitten99
02-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Tim uses the mouse with his left hand, because that is the way it was set up at his dad's (dad is a lefty), so he just got used to it that way, even though he's right-handed on everything else. He also played playground hockey as a lefty.

Hobbit
02-19-2007, 02:45 AM
So, my son is a lefty, and he shots pool "right" handed. Why is that? Do you guys/gals do anything right handed that's an odd departure from left handed?

I shoot pool left-handed better than right. Same for a few other activities, but I'm actually ambidextrous.

stephanie
02-19-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm a rightie all the way...
Can't do much (writing, batting, etc, with the left)

I think my left arm is there, just to make my body uniform and for balance..:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-19-2007, 09:43 AM
My non-scientific studies tell me that lefites use their right hands a lot out of necessity to fit into a rightie world. Whereas, the reverse is not true for righties.

remie
02-19-2007, 09:44 AM

My son is left handed and dribbles a basketball right handed..Its the only thing he does right handed.

I on the other hand am right handed but tie a left handed knot in my neckties. Probably because my dad was left handed.