PDA

View Full Version : The minority in congress

truthmatters
01-14-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.democrats.com/node/8538 Ried was only doing the only thing left to him in this case.

can be well handicapped by the majority by just not acting on any bill presented by the minority party members.

Lets remember this as history puts the republican party in the minority you can at least feel free of any responiblity of any thing that happens for the next decade or so.

darin
01-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I like Bacon.

Dilloduck
01-14-2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.democrats.com/node/8538 Ried was only doing the only thing left to him in this case.

can be well handicapped by the majority by just not acting on any bill presented by the minority party members.

Lets remember this as history puts the republican party in the minority you can at least feel free of any responiblity of any thing that happens for the next decade or so.

Are you saying we can't even whine like you ?

jimnyc
01-14-2008, 04:59 PM
I like Bacon.

Which style? Canadian bacon or the regular kind? If I go regular I like about 12 strips to go with my 6 egg breakfast, and 6 slices of toast. :)

Kathianne
01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm partial to ham steak, though bacon is good too. Thick sliced, applewood cured.

truthmatters
01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Are you saying we can't even whine like you ?

Im an American so I dont consider complaining about your government as whining.

I might enjoy your whining a little though, sorry Im only human.

I like pancakes.

Dilloduck
01-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Im an American so I dont consider complaining about your government as whining.

I might enjoy your whining a little though, sorry Im only human.

K--I'll meet ya somewhere and whine for ya. :coffee:

truthmatters
01-14-2008, 05:07 PM
It seems like some are squealing like stuck pigs in their own way.

Are there rules on this site about thread stealing?

Dilloduck
01-14-2008, 05:08 PM
It seems like some are squealing like stuck pigs in their own way.

Are there rules on this site about thread stealing?

We can talk about anything you want, baby--where are we meeting ?

truthmatters
01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
http://www.vote-smart.org/resource_govt101_02.php

GOVERNMENT 101: How a Bill Becomes Law

A.
Legislation is Introduced - Any member can introduce a piece of legislation

House - Legislation is handed to the clerk of the House or placed in the hopper.

Senate - Members must gain recognition of the presiding officer to announce the introduction of a bill during the morning hour. If any senator objects, the introduction of the bill is postponed until the next day.

The bill is assigned a number. (e.g. HR 1 or S 1)
The bill is labeled with the sponsor's name.
The bill is sent to the Government Printing Office (GPO) and copies are made.
Senate bills can be jointly sponsored.
Members can cosponsor the piece of Legislation.
B.
Committee Action - The bill is referred to the appropriate committee by the Speaker of the House or the presiding officer in the Senate. Most often, the actual referral decision is made by the House or Senate parliamentarian. Bills may be referred to more than one committee and it may be split so that parts are sent to different committees. The Speaker of the House may set time limits on committees. Bills are placed on the calendar of the committee to which they have been assigned. Failure to act on a bill is equivalent to killing it. Bills in the House can only be released from committee without a proper committee vote by a discharge petition signed by a majority of the House membership (218 members).

hjmick
01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
I like Bacon.

I like pi.

Which style? Canadian bacon or the regular kind? If I go regular I like about 12 strips to go with my 6 egg breakfast, and 6 slices of toast. :)

That round stuff isn't bacon, it's ham. Don't let them fool you. Freakin' Canucks.

I'm partial to ham steak, though bacon is good too. Thick sliced, applewood cured.

Mmmm...Ham steaks...

Dilloduck
01-14-2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.vote-smart.org/resource_govt101_02.php

Do you like pink men BTW ?

Kathianne
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Do you like pink men BTW ?

Actually I believe that was 'little pink men.' :laugh2:

truthmatters
01-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Looks like a minority member doesnt have much chance of effecting anything if the majority plays unfairly huh?

They could just kill any bill the minority submitted and make them look like they do nothing all day.

I hope Dems dont play these games like the Republicans did during their entire tenure at the helm.

jimnyc
01-14-2008, 05:16 PM

Republicans gave the dems a chance to change this and the dems ignored it. ried was the one who shot down the chance to make the changes

Dilloduck
Looks like a minority member doesnt have much chance of effecting anything if the majority plays unfairly huh?

They could just kill any bill the minority submitted and make them look like they do nothing all day.

I hope Dems dont play these games like the Republicans did during their entire tenure at the helm.

You still have a chance with me, baby. Please don't break my heart and say no !!

Mr. P
Thanks...I think I'll have Canadian bacon and pancakes for dinner tonight. Or maybe a Canadian bacon & egg sandwich.

hjmick

They should all stop playing games and get down to the business of representing the people who elected them rather than their own self interests.

jimnyc

dems had their chance to change the voting structure to where majority/minority wouldn't have mattered as much and they scoffed at it

darin
01-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Most things go better with Bacon and Trader Joe's Pepper Sauce.

I'm trying to get mary to make Chicken Breasts stuffed with fresh basil, onion, mozerella and bacon.

truthmatters
01-14-2008, 05:21 PM
89 percent of the work dems did in our congress in just that one year mentioned in the article was never allowed to go anywhere.

Man they really did not want to have the Americans they represented to get their dollars worth in taxes huh?

Funny thing was they also blocked any attempts at investigations too.

jimnyc
01-14-2008, 05:23 PM
17% of democrats have been found out to have lied at least while on the floor. They had decades to make changes to how the voting in congress worked and refused to act on it.

Dilloduck
01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
89 percent of the work dems did in our congress in just that one year mentioned in the article was never allowed to go anywhere.

Man they really did not want to have the Americans they represented to get their dollars worth in taxes huh?

Funny thing was they also blocked any attempts at investigations too.

That wan't funny--I cried. How about Denver ?

jimnyc
01-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I just read another study that reported that republicans have made efforts to work with dems on a few major issues and that the dems refused as they preferred to air it out in congress and make their stance instead of working for common change. they said that the dems were more interested in making statements than they were in making change. how lovely of them to use our tax money so efficiently.

Mr. P
01-14-2008, 05:31 PM
That wan't funny--I cried. How about Denver ?

Yeah, John Denver could make ya cry. Have to be pretty wacky though.

5stringJeff
01-14-2008, 06:08 PM
My baby's breath smells like spoiled milk.

BoogyMan
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
I like Bacon.

I like run-ning Jen-nay!

truthmatters
01-14-2008, 07:10 PM
While these are all very interesting comments most seem kinda off topic.

jimnyc
01-14-2008, 07:13 PM
my comments weren't off topic, you just don't like to hear the facts and truth about your corrupted and despicable idols.

truthmatters
01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
they were not linked to any proof.

jimnyc
01-14-2008, 07:17 PM

studies were performed and it's factual! why can't you see that your great dems are more interested in themselves than they are the American public? These are facts they found out and undeniable. do you just not want to see the truth or refuse to acknowledge that the dems are so corrupted that they even say so about one another.

manu1959
01-14-2008, 07:17 PM

proof that you agree with..... you mean....

truthmatters
01-14-2008, 07:20 PM
No links to the studies and their claimed findings.

Kathianne
01-14-2008, 07:26 PM

Proof has been given. Why do refuse to see it. Oh I know, doesn't fit in with your preconceived thimkinq. I got it. Somedey youll reminder these works.

jimnyc
01-14-2008, 07:30 PM

Then you just refuse to accept reality concerning your beloved dems. even harry reid said that he hasn't worked alongside so many corrupt democrats than he has in the past 20 years. and I believe it was pelosi who said her instinct was that her colleagues were taking kickbacks from powerful lobbyists to vote to further fund the Iraq war.

Said1
01-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I like pi.

That round stuff isn't bacon, it's ham. Don't let them fool you. Freakin' Canucks.

Mmmm...Ham steaks...

Back comes in stripes AND slabs. Freakin English, go stick a yorkshire pudding in your soggy bangors and mashed. :laugh2:

jimnyc
01-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Back comes in stripes AND slabs. Freakin English, go stick a yorkshire pudding in your soggy bangors and mashed. :laugh2:

Do you guys have "American bacon" up there?

Said1
01-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Do you guys have "American bacon" up there?

Pffft. As if. Even if there actually was such a thing, the pig would most certainly be Canadian or at the very least, European. :finger3:

jimnyc
01-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Pffft. As if. Even if there actually was such a thing, the pig would most certainly be Canadian or at the very least, European. :finger3:

Well, I never! Profiling against pigs is just wrong! Besides, I just read in the humor section that the little bastards have orgasms that last 30 minutes!

Said1
01-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, I never! Profiling against pigs is just wrong! Besides, I just read in the humor section that the little bastards have orgasms that last 30 minutes!

You can't profile the truth, Jim ..........and the Truthmatters!

I think cows have the pigs beat, they often fall asleep it lasts so long, or is it bears?

Mr. P
01-14-2008, 07:49 PM
You can't profile the truth, Jim ..........and the Truthmatters!

I think cows have the pigs beat, they often fall asleep it lasts so long, or is it bears?

You musta fell asleep that night. :laugh2::poke:

truthmatters
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Then you just refuse to accept reality concerning your beloved dems. even harry reid said that he hasn't worked alongside so many corrupt democrats than he has in the past 20 years. and I believe it was pelosi who said her instinct was that her colleagues were taking kickbacks from powerful lobbyists to vote to further fund the Iraq war.

Links?

Trigg
01-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Links?

Sausage??

Guys I thought we were talking about bacon, confused.

Kathianne
01-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Sausage??

Guys I thought we were talking about bacon, confused.

You've got to keep up Trigg, now it's dinner. Didn't you see the link to recipes? Mmmmm

truthmatters
01-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Noted : links to statements made and offered as facts represent processed pork products to the republicans on this sight.

What a compelling arguement the right has to back up statements as facts.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Noted : links to statements made and offered as facts represent processed pork products to the republicans on this sight.

What a compelling arguement the right has to back up statements as facts.

we see things just fine on this site.....

truthmatters
01-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Well I guess someone with your devotion to processed pork products would see it that way.

I perfer verifiable facts but I do still like bacon.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Well I guess someone with your devotion to processed pork products would see it that way.

I perfer verifiable facts but I do still like bacon.

racist.....

truthmatters
01-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Mind boggling logic.

No wonder your party is going to go down hard this time arround.

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Mind boggling logic.

we have eleven difficult months to go on that.....whoeever your party nominates still needs to convince voters they know which end of the White House is up.....(Hillary at least has the advantage, she knows where all the bathrooms are)..........

truthmatters
01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Have you yet noticed you are in the minority of opinion in the US?

You see hiding in this little cave you people hide in really does not change reality.

Trigg
01-15-2008, 03:44 PM

You see hiding in this little cave you people hide in really does not change reality.

The US is divided pretty evenly between libs and conservatives. That does not make a minority, sorry.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Mind boggling logic.

really....which party do i belong to?

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2008, 04:10 PM

???...actually no.....I HAVE noticed that your opinions are usually estranged from reality.....but I have never noticed anything unusual about my opinions......

Monkeybone
01-15-2008, 04:20 PM

it really doesn't count as minority if you only read certain democratic and such websites. and i have to agree with prophet, sometimes you make sense and then the other 98.235643435% of the time it is like "WTF?"

truthmatters
01-15-2008, 05:25 PM
This site is decidedly right ,right wing folks.

If you dont realise that then you are really deep in the cave.

jimnyc
01-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Links?

You claim some here are living in caves in your last post but refuse to see what the rest of the world does? Why do you refuse to see the facts pertaining to your corrupted dems, even when they themselves admit as much? Sad that reality escapes you.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 05:38 PM

given how far left you are i can see how you would think that....

Dilloduck
01-15-2008, 05:45 PM

I agree most of the posters here are conservative but I have yet to see a liberal who didn't have an equal chance to debate issues. Hell----liberals and conservatives are allowed to TROLL here. What more do you want ?

truthmatters
01-15-2008, 05:46 PM
You claim some here are living in caves in your last post but refuse to see what the rest of the world does? Why do you refuse to see the facts pertaining to your corrupted dems, even when they themselves admit as much? Sad that reality escapes you.

It is customary to provide proof of what one claims.

I do and you still cant seem to face reality.

This is your little cave. You made it. poke your head out once in awhile and smell fresh air. It may clear your head.

Dilloduck
01-15-2008, 05:49 PM

This is your little cave. You made it. poke your head out once in awhile and smell fresh air. It may clear your head.

Your provide us with information that you think leads to something ---it doesn't. We still meeting in Denver ?:dance:

jimnyc
01-15-2008, 05:52 PM

Been out of the cave, that's how I'm aware of what's going on in our current politics, which you apparently are not. And YOU claiming it is customary to provide proof of what one claims has EASILY got to be the MOST laughable thing I've read here in weeks! :laugh2:

Don't blame me for your failure to see what's wrong with your own party. I think you see it but are programmed to just block out the admitted corruption. When it comes straight from Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi it must be true, even if they are the poster children for "butt ugly".

manu1959
01-15-2008, 05:53 PM

her cave is dark......

jimnyc
01-15-2008, 05:56 PM
her cave is dark......

And dormant! :poke:

manu1959
01-15-2008, 05:59 PM
And dormant! :poke:

and musty and dry......:poke:

line crossed......as usual....:laugh2:

Dilloduck
01-15-2008, 06:00 PM
and musty and dry......:poke:

line crossed......as usual....:laugh2:

You two stop messin with my woman's cave !!!!!!!! :laugh2:

hjmick
01-15-2008, 06:19 PM
You two stop messin with my woman's cave !!!!!!!! :laugh2:

:eek:

Kathianne
01-15-2008, 06:25 PM
TM, why can't you go back and find the answers to your links request? They are there, don't ask us to find them. We have answered but your refuse to see the truth of what's been posted, that isn't our fault. You however are going to find it much more difficult in the tomorrow.

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2008, 06:37 PM
TM, why can't you go back and find the answers to your links request? They are there, don't ask us to find them. We have answered but your refuse to see the truth of what's been posted, that isn't our fault. You however are going to find it much more difficult in the tomorrow.

may I suggest a stickied thread "links to documents which refute TM".......it would save us a lot of time in future debates......