PDA

View Full Version : primary is tomorrow....

PostmodernProphet
01-14-2008, 05:26 PM
so far I am uncommitted....last chance to sway me.....

Abbey Marie
01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
You "undecideds" are such attention whores!

j/k- vote for Thompson.

Dilloduck
01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
so far I am uncommitted....last chance to sway me.....

Gimmee $50 bucks and I'll clue you in ! :laugh2:

01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
I've provided thousands of reasons to support Romney. And I know the top candidates in Michigan are Romney and McCain. I also know the main issue in Michigan is the economy.

So I think you should ask yourself a question. Who do you think can better help the economy?

Much of Romney's experience has been building and restructuring businesses. He understands how the economy works and how to create jobs. He is also running on a platform of cutting taxes.

McCain on the other hand is currently supporting a federal global warming tax. And I know that will definitely hurt the industries in Michigan.

Of course, there is still Huckabee in Michigan. He wants to impliment a national consumption tax. it may be better, it may not be. but does taxing goods help the economy in Michigan?

If i was going to vote on economic issues, Id vote Romney hands down.

Now if we have social issues, his viewpoints are very close to Huckabees. But Huckabee doesnt bring the economic advantages.

As for national security, McCain does have some strong points. But he also has some huge problems with supporting Illegals and like Huckabee, would close down Gitmo. Romney doesn't have the illegal problem or the closing gitmo problem.

Not only that, but even if McCain loses he is still a strong presence the military as a ranking member of the Senate. If Romney loses, he wont be in much of a position to affect national economics, close the border, or work on social issues.

Of course, there are other candidates. None of them have made much effort in Michigan or look to have any chance of winning. And there is also the Democrat side where you could vote uncommitted as many Democrats are recommending to deny Hillary Clinton the automatic win.

Let me know how you decide. But you are an interesting position to vote to send our nation down an outright liberal path. or a more conservative path.

5stringJeff
01-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Ron Paul. Unlike all the other candidates, he wants to reduce the amount of governance in your life!

LiberalNation
01-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Hillary, just cuz I'd vote for her and you should too. Are you only voting the republican primary for your state. If so go for Romney.

Gaffer
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
My choice is still Thompson. Don't know if my opinion means anything to you but that's it.

If you don't feel its too personal maybe you could let us know how you decided after you vote.

PostmodernProphet
01-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Hillary, just cuz I'd vote for her and you should too. Are you only voting the republican primary for your state. If so go for Romney.

interesting thought....do you think I should vote both?.....

LiberalNation
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Sure if the state allows it. Skew the primaries.

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2008, 02:31 PM
your window of opportunity is gone....if you read tonight that Romney won Michigan by one vote you will know who to blame....

hjmick
01-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I predict Hillary will take Michigan. :D

01-15-2008, 02:36 PM
your window of opportunity is gone....if you read tonight that Romney won Michigan by one vote you will know who to blame....

you went for Romney then?

01-15-2008, 02:37 PM

I don't know. I think Uncommitted will give her a run for her money.

hjmick
01-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't know. I think Uncommitted will give her a run for her money.

Wouldn't that be funny? "Uncommitted" wins the Michigan Democratic primary?

What do you folks think? Do you think the DNC will fold and seat Michigan and Florida delegates at the Democratic Convention or will they continue to punish them for defying Howard Dean and the DNC?

Speaking of Howard, is it just me or has he been conspicuously absent from the political scene lately? Are they hoping we'll forget?

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2008, 03:15 PM

I will take that bet....."uncommitted" will out poll Hillary.....since neither Obama or Edwards are on the ballot they have both instructed their supporters to vote "uncommitted"......

hjmick
01-15-2008, 03:30 PM
I will take that bet....."uncommitted" will out poll Hillary.....since neither Obama or Edwards are on the ballot they have both instructed their supporters to vote "uncommitted"......

Excellent poitn. I hadn't thought about that angle. Maybe it will be more entertaining than I thought!