PDA

View Full Version : Yuengling

5stringJeff
01-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Best. Lager. Ever.

Thanks for turning me on to Yuengling, Darin. YTM! :thumb:

darin
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM
:D Care to look into shipping a case this way?? :)

5stringJeff
01-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I think the 21st Amendment prohibits it. :( But I hear you can get it in California now.

Abbey Marie
01-14-2008, 08:03 PM
It is brewed not too far from me, and we get it on tap around here easily. It is good. :beer:

jackass
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Best. Lager. Ever.

Its my lager of choice nowadays. Has been for about 3 years. Great taste.

dan
01-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Bleh, not really a fan. In Columbia, back in the day, for whatever reason, there was a bar that used to sell the stuff pretty cheap, that was the only time I really drank it. Incidentally, that was one of the places in Columbia that was notorious for serving underage, so that's why I was there to begin with.:cheers2:

82Marine89
01-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Best. Lager. Ever.

It it an amber? I drink Fat Tires or Sam Adams.

darin
01-14-2008, 11:16 PM
I think the 21st Amendment prohibits it. :( But I hear you can get it in California now.

eh? How so? I've purchased a case from Virginia.

It is brewed not too far from me, and we get it on tap around here easily. It is good. :beer:

I've visited the brewery - the original in pottsville? Potstown? PA. :) Neat Tour.

dan
01-15-2008, 12:11 AM
I think that it's technically illegal to ship alcohol, but most of the time people generally look the other way. But, you can't insure it. That's how we did it at the UPS Store, anyway.

darin
01-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Naw it's not. I buy wine online regularly. :) It's only illegal to ship to 'some' states. WA is not one of those states.

-Cp
01-15-2008, 01:27 AM

Can you ship us some Abbey? dmp and I will gladly pay for it.. .

AFbombloader
01-15-2008, 03:48 AM
It it an amber? I drink Fat Tires or Sam Adams.

Fat Tire is a really good craft brew. If you are even up inthe Michigan/Indiana area you need to try Bells Brewery. They have a summer brew called Oberon that is good. And there is a small brewery in Fort Wayne Indiana called Warbird. Really good.
Fat tire is tough to get out east.

AF:salute:

5stringJeff
01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
I think that it's technically illegal to ship alcohol, but most of the time people generally look the other way. But, you can't insure it. That's how we did it at the UPS Store, anyway.

Naw it's not. I buy wine online regularly. :) It's only illegal to ship to 'some' states. WA is not one of those states.

There are very strict alcohol distribution laws. And I looked on teh website, and apparently, they don't distribute any further west than Tennessee. :(

Gadget (fmr Marine)
01-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Yuengling is easy enough to get here in south Florida, too...been drinking it for years.

Few know that it is the OLDEST brewery in the US.

Fat Tire is good.....Colorado beer, right?

Best place to go on the East Coast to try beer is in our Nation's Capitol, called the Brickskeller. Over 1000 beers (in bottle) http://www.lovethebeer.com/beer-list.html

manu1959
01-15-2008, 10:32 PM
anyone ever try boddingtons......

AFbombloader
01-16-2008, 05:28 AM
anyone ever try boddingtons......

That is a good British Ale. You really need to drink those ontap over there. I didn'tdrink a beer I didn't like the wholw 5 years I was there.

Hagbard Celine
01-16-2008, 10:13 AM
You still can't get it in Georgia :( which makes me sad. It's a really good lager. My friend Ian is batsh*t crazy over the stuff. He always buys a case or two whenever we go across state lines.

manu1959
01-16-2008, 11:14 AM
That is a good British Ale. You really need to drink those ontap over there. I didn'tdrink a beer I didn't like the wholw 5 years I was there.

they have it on tap in a pub near where i live.......

Abbey Marie
01-16-2008, 12:57 PM
they have it on tap in a pub near where i live.......

Me too, in a Brit Pub nearby. It's pretty good.

AFbombloader
01-16-2008, 04:32 PM
I haven't had time to explore and see what is on tap over here, maybe this weekend I will. There is a Korean beer but it is crap. I may just have to get my beer on base so I know what it is.

Kathianne
11-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Just saw a bot looking at this thread. Weird. Thanksgiving I'd bought 2-6 packs of beer. 1 Goose Island, 1 312. The boys liked both, but the one out in VA said that he's found the title beer a 'regular' beer there. He thought it was very good, but said his new friends said that it's swill, it's what they drank in college. LOL!