PDA

View Full Version : Gwen Kopechne, RIP

Little-Acorn
01-14-2008, 08:01 PM
http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/

Gwen Kopechne, RIP

Sad news from the Wilkes-Barre (Pa.) Times Leader:

A mother who lost her daughter in a well-publicized automobile accident in Massachusetts nearly 39 years ago was remembered Saturday as a caring woman who loved talking, drinking coffee and making pancakes for breakfast.
Gwen L. Kopechne, 89, died on Dec. 20 at the Valley Crest Nursing Home in Plains Township.

A small gathering of family and friends attended a Memorial Mass in her honor at All Saints Church in Plymouth.

Family photographs pasted on a board were placed near the altar, and two pictures showing Gwen, her late husband, Joseph, and their only daughter, Mary Jo, were placed on a table beneath a Pastoral candle.

Gwen was laid to rest in St. Vincent's Cemetery in Larksville next to her husband and Mary Jo, whose life immortalized the family when she was killed in the accident on Chappaquiddick Island on July 19, 1969.

Mrs. Kopechne lived almost four decades longer than her only child, who was 28 when she died. As far as we know, Ted Kennedy has no comment.

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-14-2008, 08:44 PM
And That Scumbag Murderer Ted Kennedy Keeps getting reelected by the Morons of Massachusetts DUMBASSES

82Marine89
01-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Mrs. Kopechne lived almost four decades longer than her only child, who was 28 when she died. As far as we know, Ted Kennedy has no comment.

I heard he was going to hold a car wash to raise money for her funeral.

(I know it's a bad joke. :cool:)

Little-Acorn
01-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I heard he was going to hold a car wash to raise money for her funeral.
He already did, long ago.

(I know it's a bad joke. :cool:)
What is worse, the joke or the act?