PDA

View Full Version : Bush sets arms sale to terrorist nation

gabosaurus
01-15-2008, 12:11 AM
How sweet is this? Bush invades Iraq and occupies it, in order to "fight terrorism." Bush and his cronies want to invade Iran, in order to "fight terrorism."
Now Bush wants to sell $123 million worth of arms to one of the most ruthless and oppressive nations in the world, Saudi Arabia. You know, the place that housed and funded 15 of the 19 Sept. 11 hijackers. The country with close to 100 known terrorist cells.
Yep, Bush is an idiot alright. Reminds me of The Great Cabbage with his "arms for hostages" deal with Iran. You know how that one came out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080115/ap_on_go_co/us_saudi_arms_sales;_ylt=AjNdQZdW3cm7C0s98GIhRPVI2 ocA

DrJohn
01-15-2008, 03:23 AM
It's OK. He likes the saudis.

5stringJeff
01-15-2008, 06:59 PM
F the Saudis. Let them buy their weapons elsewhere.

gabosaurus
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
F the Saudis. Let them buy their weapons elsewhere.

Dubya has been sucking off the Saudi Royal Family since he first took office. They don't call him "Bandar Bush" for nothing. He is letting the Saudis screw the U.S. up the butt.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 11:32 PM
It's OK. He likes the saudis.

no more than the last guy.........

http://www.motherjones.com/news/special_reports/arms/saudi.html

President Clinton has approved $23.8 billion in licenses and sales to Saudi Arabia since 1993, including some of the most sophisticated weapons the U.S. produces: General Dynamics M1A2 Abrams tanks, McDonnell Douglas F-15 Strike Eagle attack aircraft, and Rockwell GBU-15 smart bombs. Saudi Arabia also buys arms directly from American corporations, bypassing Pentagon middlemen; purchases include the $300 million upgrade and support system for the Peace Shield radar system that the country bought directly from Raytheon in 1998. The kingdom may also make its next purchase of F-16 fighters directly from Lockheed Martin, much as Singapore did in 1997. All these goodies for a country that is located at the heart of an unstable region, is still technically at war with Israel, and grows increasingly resentful of Western influence.

my opinion....we should not sell arms......

Mr. P
01-16-2008, 12:07 AM
It's ALL about oil folks. The flow of oil that is. They got us by the short hairs.

manu1959
01-16-2008, 12:08 AM
It's ALL about oil folks. The flow of oil that is. They got us by the short hairs.

when they run out and well still have alaska the gulf and the california coast it should be fun.....

Mr. P
01-16-2008, 12:16 AM
when they run out and well still have alaska the gulf and the california coast it should be fun.....

The tree huggers will be ok with drilling then too.

manu1959
01-16-2008, 12:24 AM
The tree huggers will be ok with drilling then too.

i have always said the govt. lets them win this one.....for now....just to be the last one with oil...

Mr. P
01-16-2008, 12:27 AM
i have always said the govt. lets them win this one.....for now....just to be the last one with oil...

Could be. Kinda like a using other peoples money thing.

bullypulpit
01-16-2008, 05:50 AM

If we actually concentrated on developing a hydrogen based, as opposed to an oil based, energy system; it would be a moot point now, wouldn't it?

Gaffer
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Selling weapons systems doesn't mean a lot except it provides jobs and income to the US. Countries like this cannot produce their own parts for these systems. Which then puts them on a leash as they need to keep good relations with us in order to get the spare parts they need. They can have all the high tech equipment in the world and it means nothing if they can't fix it when it breaks. Ask iran, who's major portion of their air force sits on the ground because they don't have the parts to fix the planes.

They get the military equipment they want to defend their country and we get the control over how long that equipment can operate.

manu1959
01-16-2008, 11:08 AM
If we actually concentrated on developing a hydrogen based, as opposed to an oil based, energy system; it would be a moot point now, wouldn't it?

develope one ..... become a billionaire .....

Classact
01-16-2008, 12:23 PM
How sweet is this? Bush invades Iraq and occupies it, in order to "fight terrorism." Bush and his cronies want to invade Iran, in order to "fight terrorism."President Bush's administration reluctantly invaded Afghanistan when that country's government refused to turn over terror elements related to the attack on 9-11 by the controlling Afghanistan government. President Bush did not go into Afghanistan until diplomacy failed! President Bush then, concerned by US and world Intel agencies including the UN reports that Saddam had not complied with his decades old ceasefire agreement asked him to live up to his ceasefire agreement. Again, Bush attempted every means for a peaceful resolution in the matter... no running in with guns blazing once again, diplomacy followed by a show of force and then more diplomacy. This did not happen in the blink of an eye but over months and it was clear in every citizens mind why President Bush was concerned and 90% of the nation agreed with him. President Bush was practically on his knees begging Saddam to send his scientists out to a third neutral country to be questioned. If you recall just before the re-start of hostilities with Iraq (for cause) due to the violation of the ceasefire agreement, President Bush went to the Congress for a vote of confidence and received an overwhelming support for his effort. Many speeches were given by Congresspersons and Senators, one by Senator Kerry caught my ear as he worried about unmanned Aeriel vehicles being launched off the MA coast raining down nerve gas or biological agents on Boston... (I watch CSPAN and believe my own ears and not what is said later when it is politically expedient.) Saddam's claim was that he destroyed 200 tons of nerve gas and biological agent without inviting UN inspectors in 1991... hey, Senator Kerry was worried about Boston... President Bush asked Saddam and the world why should I believe a madman? Think a moment... Saddam said I destroyed them in 1991 within a couple months of the ceasefire? Logic would say well, that is illogical since the ink is still wet on the ceasefire you signed saying UN inspectors must be present... and, if you destroyed all the WMD's in months why didn't you petition the UN to remove sanctions since you met the requirements. Again, President Bush practically went on his knees asking those who witnessed this alleged destruction and their families be taken to a neutral country for UN interview but Saddam's answer was I would rather go to war than force these fine Iraqis be interviewed... What was President Bush to do, what if Senator Kerry was right in being afraid of nerve gas and bio agents raining down on Boston? I have a theory as to why Saddam refused to send the witnesses out that destroyed the WMD's... he felt he was damned if he does or damned if he didn't, after all during the Clinton administration Congress passed a resolution neutral to the UN ceasefire agreement that Saddam regime must be overturned regardless. What if Saddam actually had a nuke? Wow, and gave it to the enemy of his enemy?

Now Bush wants to sell $123 million worth of arms to one of the most ruthless and oppressive nations in the world, Saudi Arabia. You know, the place that housed and funded 15 of the 19 Sept. 11 hijackers. The country with close to 100 known terrorist cells.
Yep, Bush is an idiot alright. Reminds me of The Great Cabbage with his "arms for hostages" deal with Iran. You know how that one came out. Actually, I think the arms deal is billions over years... When the US first invaded Iraq in the Gulf War where were our soldiers? In Saudi Arabia all across the border with Iraq and we even took time to build Air Force Bases there to deliver the forces and equipment throughout the time leading up to the restart of hostilities. SA is an American ally with terror elements within its country as is France, England and other nations... The SA government has also been attacked by the same terror elements that attacked America... why do you think they had to set up shop in Afghanistan if they were welcome in SA?

The weapons are insurance against a Democratic victory in this election cycle since the Dems are planning to cut and run SA wants to back the Sunni's when Iran backs the Shiite's and they figure that Iran will close the gulf to oil shipments to hurt SA... SA want to bomb the hell out of Iran to keep it from taking over Iraq and then Kuwait... Flashback, we went to war with Iraq in the Gulf war for the same reason... Iraq invaded Kuwait and the joint wealth and Saddam's power would end up controlling ME oil supply. SA doesn't want an imbalance in power so it needs weapons to assure that since Iran makes liberal Democrats pee their pants.

Now why does President Bush find Iran as a threat? Turn on the news and look and listen to the events of our Navy/Iran and today the bombings in Lebanon attributed to Iran. If the Dems cut and run from the ME if they win, this is, every nation in the hood of Iran needs to be armed or we will have an ME oil shutdown and world recession as gas hits $15 a gallon.

-Cp
01-16-2008, 12:50 PM

Does that mean Canada too has us "by the short hairs" as they're the #1 importor of OIL to the USA?

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html

Mr. P
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Does that mean Canada too has us "by the short hairs" as they're the #1 importor of OIL to the USA?

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html

You obviously don't understand how a major member of OPEC can affect the global oil supply and ours.

Classact
01-16-2008, 01:12 PM
It's ALL about oil folks. The flow of oil that is. They got us by the short hairs.Yes American interests in the Middle East boil down mainly to oil and our support of democracies in the area but mostly oil.

The American support for the Gulf War was based on fear that an imbalance of power by Saddam would upset the free flow of oil and not about a mean dictator invading a weaker nation.

Following WWI the ME was placed under the management of the victors based on the fact that the victors determined that whoever controlled ME oil could avoid another WW... the same following WWII and both times the ME nations were on the wrong side, the losing side of the WW.

America wasn't involved and France and Great Britain divided up the ME... look up which victor nations control losing ME nations... I think it was part of the WWII ceasefire agreement.

America only became interested in ME oil when we failed to produce the oil we needed at home and therefore it became an American Interest because without it our nation could be destroyed economically.

Why don't we have enough oil, the Democratic Party and environmentalists will not allow it and therefore the ME is an American Interest. Punch holes in America and meet our needs domestically and we could give a crap about the ME and leave it to the British and France to worry about.

Mr. P
01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Yes American interests in the Middle East boil down mainly to oil and our support of democracies in the area but mostly oil.

The American support for the Gulf War was based on fear that an imbalance of power by Saddam would upset the free flow of oil and not about a mean dictator invading a weaker nation.

Following WWI the ME was placed under the management of the victors based on the fact that the victors determined that whoever controlled ME oil could avoid another WW... the same following WWII and both times the ME nations were on the wrong side, the losing side of the WW.

America wasn't involved and France and Great Britain divided up the ME... look up which victor nations control losing ME nations... I think it was part of the WWII ceasefire agreement.

America only became interested in ME oil when we failed to produce the oil we needed at home and therefore it became an American Interest because without it our nation could be destroyed economically.

Why don't we have enough oil, the Democratic Party and environmentalists will not allow it and therefore the ME is an American Interest. Punch holes in America and meet our needs domestically and we could give a crap about the ME and leave it to the British and France to worry about.

BINGO!

Dilloduck
01-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Yes American interests in the Middle East boil down mainly to oil and our support of democracies in the area but mostly oil.

Additionally we have those who support us being there for religious reasons ---protect Israel and save the world from Isalmic domination. Interesting allies.