PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Legislature to Hold Hearing on Assisted Suicide Bill Next Week Email this

stephanie
01-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Well I don't see why not...look how many children are killed every yr. with abortions...we might as well start on the old and terminally ill, before they start costing us too much money and become a burden to people.....:poke:

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
January 14, 2008

Madison, WI (LifeNews.com) -- The Wisconsin legislature will hold a hearing on a bill that would legalize assisted suicide and make the state the second after Oregon to allow the grisly practice. The bill follows similar measures in other states such as Vermont, Hawaii and California that failed last year and a new ballot initiative in Washington.

State Sen. Fred Risser and state Rep. Frank Boyle, two Democrats, are behind the legislation, which would allow terminally ill patients to request life-ending drugs from their physicians.

The bill requires patients to get their terminally ill condition verified by two doctors and they must be expected to die within the next six months. Only then can they request the drugs to be used in killing themselves.

Risser and Boyle have proposed similar bills in previous years but they never received votes in either state House or Senate.

On January 23, the Senate Public Health, Senior Issues, Long Term Care and Privacy Committee will hold a public hearing on the measure, SB 151.

Wisconsin Right to Life told LifeNews.com on Monday that the group will testify against the bill and do everything it can to urge lawmakers to vote against it.

"We must guard against those 'choices' which victimize the vulnerable, ourselves, and society as a whole," WRTL legislative director Susan Armacost told LifeNews.com.

read the rest...
http://lifenews.com/bio2307.html

waterrescuedude2000
01-15-2008, 11:47 PM
I mean we euthanize dogs why not a human if that is his or her choice. I know I would rather die than suffer some horrible thing. If I get that bad and its still not legal here I would just take my 12 gauge to my own head I would rather die that way than to have to sit there in pain for the rest of my days which god knows how long that could be.

Mr. P
01-15-2008, 11:59 PM
The bill requires patients to get their terminally ill condition verified by two doctors and they must be expected to die within the next six months. Only then can they request the drugs to be used in killing themselves.

I have no problem with this.

Who owns your body, your life, the state or you?

stephanie
01-16-2008, 12:02 AM
I mean we euthanize dogs why not a human if that is his or her choice. I know I would rather die than suffer some horrible thing. If I get that bad and its still not legal here I would just take my 12 gauge to my own head I would rather die that way than to have to sit there in pain for the rest of my days which god knows how long that could be.

I might feel the same way..

But how will a doctor reconcile his oath with this?

how will they KNOW you will only have six months to live?
And what if they make a mistake?

Just some questions with all of it..

In fact we had someone in our town yesterday, do what you said you would do..Myself...I'd rather take a drug Od..instead of leaving the mess for someone to clean up...

manu1959
01-16-2008, 12:02 AM
having sat at the death bed for years of half a dozen family members i have no problem with assisted suicide.......

red states rule
01-16-2008, 12:19 AM
having sat at the death bed for years of half a dozen family members i have no problem with assisted suicide.......

If their is no hope, no cure, the person is in pain - then yes, let them die if that is what they want

manu1959
01-16-2008, 12:30 AM
If their is no hope, no cure, the person is in pain - then yes, let them die if that is what they want

my wife and i signed papers on each other 30 days three different doctors all must say no hope blah blah blah ....... i have watched too many family members take years to die in pain.....they all begged me to kill them.....with no paperwork all i could do is watch them....

red states rule
01-16-2008, 12:37 AM
my wife and i signed papers on each other 30 days three different doctors all must say no hope blah blah blah ....... i have watched too many family members take years to die in pain.....they all begged me to kill them.....with no paperwork all i could do is watch them....

Well, it shows how much you love each other. I hope nobody tries to interfere if God forbid if either of you have to invoke those papers

manu1959
01-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Well, it shows how much you love each other. I hope nobody tries to interfere if God forbid if either of you have to invoke those papers

don't have any family to speak of except each other and our two kids.....those that could get in the way will lose the money in our wills if the interfere.....that should slow them down...

theHawk
01-16-2008, 08:46 AM
How about legalize marijuana for medical patients so they can ease their suffering when they are at this stage, before we start 'honor killings' on patients.

5stringJeff
01-16-2008, 06:24 PM
If the state wants to do so, let them. I personally would never get an "assisted suicide," but others might want to. That's their right.