PDA

View Full Version : The Case Against Hillary Clinton

red states rule
01-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Christopher Hitchens is far from being a conservative, but he make many valid points as to why Hillary should not even be considered for President

She has more baggage then Paris Hilton on a weekend trip to a spa

snip

During the Senate debate on the intervention in Iraq, Sen. Clinton made considerable use of her background and "experience" to argue that, yes, Saddam Hussein was indeed a threat. She did not argue so much from the position adopted by the Bush administration as she emphasized the stand taken, by both her husband and Al Gore, when they were in office, to the effect that another and final confrontation with the Baathist regime was more or less inevitable. Now, it does not especially matter whether you agree or agreed with her about this (as I, for once, do and did). What does matter is that she has since altered her position and attempted, with her husband's help, to make people forget that she ever held it. And this, on a grave matter of national honor and security, merely to influence her short-term standing in the Iowa caucuses. Surely that on its own should be sufficient to disqualify her from consideration? Indifferent to truth, willing to use police-state tactics and vulgar libels against inconvenient witnesses, hopeless on health care, and flippant and fast and loose with national security: The case against Hillary Clinton for president is open-and-shut. Of course, against all these considerations you might prefer the newly fashionable and more media-weighty notion that if you don't show her enough appreciation, and after all she's done for us, she may cry.

http://www.slate.com/id/2182065/

GW in Ohio
01-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Christopher Hitchens is far from being a conservative, but he make many valid points as to why Hillary should not even be considered for President

She has more baggage then Paris Hilton on a weekend trip to a spa

snip

During the Senate debate on the intervention in Iraq, Sen. Clinton made considerable use of her background and "experience" to argue that, yes, Saddam Hussein was indeed a threat. She did not argue so much from the position adopted by the Bush administration as she emphasized the stand taken, by both her husband and Al Gore, when they were in office, to the effect that another and final confrontation with the Baathist regime was more or less inevitable. Now, it does not especially matter whether you agree or agreed with her about this (as I, for once, do and did). What does matter is that she has since altered her position and attempted, with her husband's help, to make people forget that she ever held it. And this, on a grave matter of national honor and security, merely to influence her short-term standing in the Iowa caucuses. Surely that on its own should be sufficient to disqualify her from consideration? Indifferent to truth, willing to use police-state tactics and vulgar libels against inconvenient witnesses, hopeless on health care, and flippant and fast and loose with national security: The case against Hillary Clinton for president is open-and-shut. Of course, against all these considerations you might prefer the newly fashionable and more media-weighty notion that if you don't show her enough appreciation, and after all she's done for us, she may cry.

http://www.slate.com/id/2182065/

Yeah, I've come around to agree with you about Hillary.

Too much baggage.....too much ambition....too few principles....

red states rule
01-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I've come around to agree with you about Hillary.

Too much baggage.....too much ambition....too few principles....

Well there is a blizzard raging in Hell - we agree on something

Am I am bringing you back from the dark side, or is this just a fluke?

manu1959
01-16-2008, 12:43 AM
if i was a dem.....obama is the easy choice over hillary.....

red states rule
01-16-2008, 12:46 AM

You are not a Dem - you grew out of adolescence

manu1959
01-16-2008, 12:48 AM
You are not a Dem - you grew out of adolescence

have never been a dem.....was born gop....raised by old school gop politicians.....

red states rule
01-16-2008, 12:50 AM
have never been a dem.....was born gop....raised by old school gop politicians.....

In my house, it was YVD (you vote Democrat)

I broke the tradition when I voted for Reagan in 1980

I was the black sheep of the family for awhile

manu1959
01-16-2008, 12:59 AM
In my house, it was YVD (you vote Democrat)

I broke the tradition when I voted for Reagan in 1980

I was the black sheep of the family for awhile

yea my family calls me a california conservative.....which means liberal to them.....

reagan took my scholarship and social security when i was at university....couldn't vote for him....

01-16-2008, 01:26 AM
Her last name is Clinton. That's case enough.

red states rule
01-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Thre man who runs MSNBC loves Hillary - and does not even try to hide it.

Again, I love it when libs sau there is no liberal bias in the MSM

Olbermann Fascinated with Hillary's 'Fearmongering' on Terrorism
By Brad Wilmouth | January 16, 2008 - 06:14 ET
During Tuesday's post-debate coverage of the Democratic debate on MSNBC, Keith Olbermann repeatedly showed fascination with Hillary Clinton's contention that she is best experienced to deal with a potential terrorist attack if one occurs soon after the next President takes office, which the MSNBC host suggested was a "milder Democratic version of the same language that ... has been used by so many Republicans since 9/11," contending that her comments put her "in the position of having to defend herself against charges of some kind of fearmongering a la Karl Rove." (Transcript follows)

The MSNBC host, who once charged that the Republican party is a "terrorist group" in one of his "Special Comment" rants, suggested that Clinton used a "finessed answer" that allowed her to sell herself as "better prepared" while "being able to deny that that was anything in the same league, let alone in the same ballpark as a Republican treatment of the Democrats will let you die and only the Republicans can save you in the event of terrorism." Olbermann further wondered why Barack Obama did not go after Clinton on the subject during the debate, "running right through that door that was opened for him."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/01/16/olbermann-fascinated-hillarys-fearmongering-terrorism

GW in Ohio
01-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Well there is a blizzard raging in Hell - we agree on something

Am I am bringing you back from the dark side, or is this just a fluke?

I dunno. My first choice for prez is Ron Paul.

But as long as he has no chance to get nominated, my first choice is Obama, followed by Edwards, then Hillary.

I would not consider voting for any Republican who ties himself to the failed Bush foreign policy in Iraq.

Pale Rider
01-16-2008, 02:30 PM

But as long as he has no chance to get nominated, my first choice is Obama, followed by Edwards, then Hillary.

I would not consider voting for any Republican who ties himself to the failed Bush foreign policy in Iraq.

Mit Romney said just yesterday that he sooner or later he wants ALL our troops OUT OF IRAQ.

typomaniac
01-16-2008, 02:42 PM
There's no way I could vote for Hil without holding my nose. I don't trust her at all.

That said, she's STILL many times less bad than every GOP candidate except possibly Rudy.

Yurt
01-16-2008, 08:01 PM

why so? wife and i watched some "debate" or answer/question session last nigh with the dems and clinton out manuevered obama by a long shot. obama said his greatest weakness was his management, e.g., he can't run an office without losing or forgetting things unless someone is right by his side at all times. shrillery, put it that the president has to have strong management skills to run the country.... obama shot back... well Bush is a great manager I am sure, he probably never loses a single piece of paper but....

weak response to a stupid answer. my wife actually liked obama until then, he looks like a highschool grad compared to shrillery.

my wife couldn't stop making fun of edwards though... mind, she just turned american, so really has no idea about 04' and even she was like, he looks gay....LOOOOL

LiberalNation
01-16-2008, 08:04 PM
he looks like a highschool grad compared to shrillery.
In real debates, yeah.

red states rule
01-17-2008, 09:52 AM

Iraq is a failure to libs since the US in now winning after 4 years of Dems telling us the war was lost and the situation was hopeless

Funny how the Dems and liberal media is no longer talking about Iraq like they use to

Roadrunner
01-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Good article by Hitchens.

The Clintons' affinity for lying and trying to pull the wool over people's eyes continues to this day. This past Sunday on “Meet the Press” Tim Russert asked Hillary if she had been involved in the pardons Bill issued at the end of his term. She said she hadn’t been. Russert said “even in the case of your own brothers?” She said she didn’t know a thing about that. Yet their closest friends and political allies declare today that there wasn’t a single issue or decision of importance that the two of them didn’t confer about during Bill’s presidency. I'd say "liar, liar, pants on fire" but that wouldn't be p.c.

In the last Democrat debate, Hillary said it was disgusting to see Bush in the Middle East begging, begging, mind you those countries to produce more oil. She evidently forgot that Bill Richardson, a member of her husband’s cabinet, went to the Middle East and asked OPEC to produce more oil. I’ll bet she didn’t find that “disgusting”.

Hillary thinks we're all fools with short memories and evidentially she might be right. The Dems want to be back in the White House so strongly that they don’t care who they foist off on the American people.

Pale Rider
01-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Good article by Hitchens.

The Clintons' affinity for lying and trying to pull the wool over people's eyes continues to this day. This past Sunday on “Meet the Press” Tim Russert asked Hillary if she had been involved in the pardons Bill issued at the end of his term. She said she hadn’t been. Russert said “even in the case of your own brothers?” She said she didn’t know a thing about that. Yet their closest friends and political allies declare today that there wasn’t a single issue or decision of importance that the two of them didn’t confer about during Bill’s presidency. I'd say "liar, liar, pants on fire" but that wouldn't be p.c.

In the last Democrat debate, Hillary said it was disgusting to see Bush in the Middle East begging, begging, mind you those countries to produce more oil. She evidently forgot that Bill Richardson, a member of her husband’s cabinet, went to the Middle East and asked OPEC to produce more oil. I’ll bet she didn’t find that “disgusting”.

Hillary thinks we're all fools with short memories and evidentially she might be right. The Dems want to be back in the White House so strongly that they don’t care who they foist off on the American people.

I look forward to hitlery being the dem nominee. Once the general election process starts, it'll be a circus to watch how the repubs will be able to make HAMBURGER out of this narcissistic liar.

It just baffles me to no end why anyone in their right mind would want to go from bush, to clinton, to bush and back to clinton. You've got to be insane if that's what you want.

red states rule
01-17-2008, 10:29 AM
I look forward to hitlery being the dem nominee. Once the general election process starts, it'll be a circus to watch how the repubs will be able to make HAMBURGER out of this narcissistic liar.

It just baffles me to no end why anyone in their right mind would want to go from bush, to clinton, to bush and back to clinton. You've got to be insane if that's what you want.

I don't know if Hillary is more of a joke when she is telling us her views, her experience, and superior knowledge - or when she is playing flight attendent

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/01/16/welcome-aboard-hill-force-one/

red states rule
01-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Chris Matthews must have gotten a warning from Clinton Inc. I bet Chris wishes Hillary was running for Pope and not President

Then he could get away with only kissing her ring

Chris Matthews Apologizes to Hillary Clinton
By Geoffrey Dickens | January 17, 2008 - 19:06 ET
Bowing to pressure from the liberal blog Media Matters, MSNBC’s Chris Matthews spent the first five minutes of Thursday night’s "Hardball" personally apologizing to Hillary Clinton for insinuating that she owed her political success to sympathy derived from having endured Bill Clinton’s unfaithfulness. At the top of the show Matthews begged for forgiveness:

Some people I respect, politically concerned people like you who watch this show so faithfully every night, people who care about this country think I've been disrespectful for Hillary Clinton, not as a candidate, but as a woman....Was it fair to imply that Hillary's whole career depending on being a victim of an unfaithful husband? No. And that's what it sounded like I was saying. And it hurt people I'd like to think normally like what I say, in fact, normally like me.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2008/01/17/chris-matthews-apologizes-hillary-clinton

Yurt
01-17-2008, 09:34 PM

her husband was the king of narcissistic liars and look what happened....

red states rule
01-18-2008, 06:21 AM
her husband was the king of narcissistic liars and look what happened....

and Bill seems to be getting more and more angry every day. He is now blowing up at reporters for asking questions about the NV lawsuit

Yurt
01-18-2008, 05:44 PM
and Bill seems to be getting more and more angry every day. He is now blowing up at reporters for asking questions about the NV lawsuit

*gleefully laughs*

election, strange it will be, good, only time will see.....

--Yurtoda

red states rule
01-19-2008, 06:48 AM
*gleefully laughs*

election, strange it will be, good, only time will see.....

--Yurtoda

I do not know if Bill is pissed at the folks who are not supporting Hillary, or the reporters asking hard questions, or Hillary herself for not being as good a liar as he is