PDA

View Full Version : which candidate will arrest and deport.....

manu1959
01-15-2008, 12:22 PM
all the illegal aliens......

hjmick
01-15-2008, 12:29 PM
None of them.

Classact
01-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Senator Thompson said he would and I believe him! I wish we would give him a chance to debate the Dem nominee on the topic.

Trigg
01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
certainly not McCain!!!!!

manu1959
01-15-2008, 02:08 PM
certainly not McCain!!!!!

i agree he knows it will cripple the economy......

but seriously which one will....do you agree thompson will round up 6-12 million people and ship them home?

01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Senator Thompson said he would and I believe him! I wish we would give him a chance to debate the Dem nominee on the topic.

Actually, I think Thompson and Romney have a similiar position that if they enforce the laws currently, the illegals will deport themselves.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Actually, I think Thompson and Romney have a similiar position that if they enforce the laws currently, the illegals will deport themselves.

what do you think that will do to the industries that rely on illegal workers?

01-15-2008, 02:58 PM
what do you think that will do to the industries that rely on illegal workers?

The market place will happened. They will either adapt or fail.

LiberalNation
01-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Wanting to and actually being able to are two different things. I believe congress will hafta play a role as well.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 03:06 PM
The market place will happened. They will either adapt or fail.

adaption would mean workers with papers and taxes and witholdings and insurance .... all of wich is a good thing.....but what it means is higher wages and costs which get passed onto the masses.....

so everything will cost more.....hope everyone is ready for that.....

JohnDoe
01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
what do you think that will do to the industries that rely on illegal workers?i think it will make them follow the law, and make them APPLY LEGALLY for the immigrants on work visas...

jd

ALSO, payroll is only about 10-12% of the cost of business....even if labor costs went up 50%, which it wouldn't, but even if it did, in order to get workers that are citizens, the cost of goods would not go up that much...

gas prices have escalated the cost of goods, didn't stop people from buying them....not yet, anyway.... :(

jd

manu1959
01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
i think it will make them follow the law, and make them APPLY LEGALLY for the immigrants on work visas...

jd

ALSO, payroll is only about 10-12% of the cost of business....even if labor costs went up 50%, which it wouldn't, but even if it did, in order to get workers that are citizens, the cost of goods would not go up that much...

gas prices have escalated the cost of goods, didn't stop people from buying them....not yet, anyway.... :(

jd

so you believe that the impact to the cost of things will be negligible.....i actually agree with you.....i was having this argument the other night.....i think the taxes collected from these 6-12 million people and their companys payroll taxes will more than offset any cost which may be incurred....

i believe escalating gas prices and the impacts from such had an impact on retailers during the holidays.....one of our client's same store sales were way down from last year....they attribute it to gas cost impacts directly and indirectly....and the new gift card law which does not allow them to book the profit till the card is used.....that said their internet sales were way up over last year.....

JohnDoe
01-15-2008, 04:53 PM
so you believe that the impact to the cost of things will be negligible.....i actually agree with you.....i was having this argument the other night.....i think the taxes collected from these 6-12 million people and their companys payroll taxes will more than offset any cost which may be incurred....

i believe escalating gas prices and the impacts from such had an impact on retailers during the holidays.....one of our client's same store sales were way down from last year....they attribute it to gas cost impacts directly and indirectly....and the new gift card law which does not allow them to book the profit till the card is used.....that said their internet sales were way up over last year.....

Yes, i think that it will be negligible to the American people.... for many reasons, one, cuz of payroll not being that much for the cost of goods in total, and two-because many businesses in our country DO NOT rely on cheap illegal labor, these 12 million are only 12 million out of the 100 million or so that work here and produce something...

and gas/oil prices affects the citizen in so many more ways than the 10% payroll is of the cost of goods.... i did just hear about the poor numbers in retail for December yesterday.... and it boggles me on the gift cards, why they can't be considered a slae when they bought it is beyond me....????

anyway, the reason gas/oil would affect us more is because it is the cost of the fuel source to produce the goods, the cost of the fuel source to ship the goods and the cost of the fuel source to heat the buildings in which the goods are stored or retailed, and then along with this the cost of the gasoline for the consumer to get to work or to the stores, rising, and the cost of the fuel for those same people to heat their homes rising.... thus the HIT we took in December on retail sales.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes, i think that it will be negligible to the American people.... for many reasons, one, cuz of payroll not being that much for the cost of goods in total, and two-because many businesses in our country DO NOT rely on cheap illegal labor, these 12 million are only 12 million out of the 100 million or so that work here and produce something...

and gas/oil prices affects the citizen in so many more ways than the 10% payroll is of the cost of goods.... i did just hear about the poor numbers in retail for December yesterday.... and it boggles me on the gift cards, why they can't be considered a slae when they bought it is beyond me....????

anyway, the reason gas/oil would affect us more is because it is the cost of the fuel source to produce the goods, the cost of the fuel source to ship the goods and the cost of the fuel source to heat the buildings in which the goods are stored or retailed, and then along with this the cost of the gasoline for the consumer to get to work or to the stores, rising, and the cost of the fuel for those same people to heat their homes rising.... thus the HIT we took in December on retail sales.

true ....but they track and report internet sales seperately.....and when all the gift cards are cahsed over the next few months i bet you will see retail sales go up....

JohnDoe
01-15-2008, 05:02 PM
true ....but they track and report internet sales seperately.....and when all the gift cards are cahsed over the next few months i bet you will see retail sales go up....

MY state, if the gift cards are not used within a 2 year period, makes the retailer give them the money for them....I KID YOU NOT....and they use the money to pay their bills. Home depot is in a battle with them over it saying that they sell things in Maine but their headquarters is in another state so they should NOT have to abide by this law....

manu1959
01-15-2008, 05:09 PM
MY state, if the gift cards are not used within a 2 year period, makes the retailer give them the money for them....I KID YOU NOT....and they use the money to pay their bills. Home depot is in a battle with them over it saying that they sell things in Maine but their headquarters is in another state so they should NOT have to abide by this law....

i hate gift cards.....

Classact
01-16-2008, 08:57 AM
I think Senator Thompson would cause the illegal Mexicans want to go home and make them feel unwelcome. The key is what a candidate makes as his prime running issue... if it is in the top of his agenda then he can claim the American people gave him a mandate, otherwise congress and the courts will just stand in the way.

I hope the Republican nominee, regardless who that may be makes illegal immigration one of the items near the top of his agenda. Illegal Mexicans is not the only problem... we need to close down visas from foreign nations for education and other crap until we get a REAL ID to identify citizens...

Pale Rider
01-16-2008, 02:35 PM
all the illegal aliens......

Tancredo, but he's gone. Next closest thing to Tancredo is Duncan Hunter, then Ron Paul, then Fred Thompson. That's how they score on illegal immigration.

manu1959
01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Tancredo, but he's gone. Next closest thing to Tancredo is Duncan Hunter, then Ron Paul, then Fred Thompson. That's how they score on illegal immigration.

yep......and you will never see any of them in office......

congress is going to have to grow a pair and do something.....

even if they were elected....the pres would need congress to pass the law ..... never going to happen unless each state on the border does something on their own....

Pale Rider
01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
yep......and you will never see any of them in office......

congress is going to have to grow a pair and do something.....

even if they were elected....the pres would need congress to pass the law ..... never going to happen unless each state on the border does something on their own....

And Arizona is. They're getting pretty aggressive. Now they're passing a law so that they can go after the owners of houses that are found out to be used by coyotes.
But I just heard a campaign ad for Mit touting how tough he's going to be on illegal aliens, ending by saying, "and amnesty is not the answer." So out of the top three, Mit, Mcliberal, and Huck fin, Romney is by far the drawing the toughest line on illegal aliens.

manu1959
01-16-2008, 05:56 PM
And Arizona is. They're getting pretty aggressive. Now they're passing a law so that they can go after the owners of houses that are found out to be used by coyotes.
But I just heard a campaign ad for Mit touting how tough he's going to be on illegal aliens, ending by saying, "and amnesty is not the answer." So out of the top three, Mit, Mcliberal, and Huck fin, Romney is by far the drawing the toughest line on illegal aliens.

talk is cheap......

JohnDoe
01-16-2008, 06:37 PM
NO ONE that is running will do this.... it takes congress to do this...

Pale Rider
01-16-2008, 07:54 PM
talk is cheap......

What... you think someone on the campaign trail would lie?

C'mon man... where's your faith? :laugh:

Yurt
01-16-2008, 07:55 PM
NO ONE that is running will do this.... it takes congress to do this...

The executive branch has the power of arrest and hence, the power to deport if the person is illegal.

manu1959
01-16-2008, 09:22 PM
What... you think someone on the campaign trail would lie?

C'mon man... where's your faith? :laugh:

my dad was a state assemblyman in your fine state for two decades and my godfather was rnc chair......

i have faith they will tell you want they want you to hear.......

Pale Rider
01-17-2008, 06:37 PM
my dad was a state assemblyman in your fine state for two decades and my godfather was rnc chair......

i have faith they will tell you want they want you to hear.......

Damn man that's harsh... call your own family liars.

And you are aware that Huck Fin has just signed a pact that says he'll deport all illegals through attrition.