PDA

View Full Version : Fair and Biased

actsnoblemartin
01-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Why cant political commentators, newspaper writers, and others admit their biases, and stop pretending to be fair and balanced.

Pretending to be completely fair and balanced, that includes again all news media outlets on radio, tv, newsprint, internet is like pretending the sun doesnt exist.

manu1959
01-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Why cant political commentators, newspaper writers, and others admit their biases, and stop pretending to be fair and balanced.

Pretending to be completely fair and balanced, that includes again all news media outlets on radio, tv, newsprint, internet is like pretending the sun doesnt exist.

like who.....

actsnoblemartin
01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Well all humans are biased, so i thought they should admit it.

But for the sake of answering your question directly, msnbc, foxnews, cnn

and talk radio has its own biases, and internet pages definently do too

like who.....

manu1959
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Well all humans are biased, so i thought they should admit it.

But for the sake of answering your question directly, msnbc, foxnews, cnn

and talk radio has its own biases, and internet pages definently do too

talk radio is not the news and everyone prety much admits their bias.....was just reading an article on msnbc and their owner, phil griffin admited in 2007 they lean left....for me fox pundits are rather obvious as are cnn.....

you can pretty much name a pundit and it is rather obvious which way the lean.....not sure keith olberman or chris mathews or rush or randi rhodes or michael savage needs to tell you which type of nut bag they are.....

actsnoblemartin
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
fair enough, i made this thread because i had heard some try to hide it.

talk radio is not the news and everyone prety much admits their bias.....was just reading an article on msnbc and their owner, phil griffin admited in 2007 they lean left....for me fox pundits are rather obvious as are cnn.....

you can pretty much name a pundit and it is rather obvious which way the lean.....not sure keith olberman or chris mathews or rush or randi rhodes or michael savage needs to tell you which type of nut bag they are.....

manu1959
01-15-2008, 09:51 PM
fair enough, i made this thread because i had heard some try to hide it.

i think that it is more the average person claiming a biased pundit is not biased......i had someone the other night try and tell me keith olberman is not biased.....i think all reporters / pundits are biased ......

i think one of the most even handed talking heads is britt hume......he tries to have a balanced panel of two and two and tries to get equal voice for both.....

actsnoblemartin
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
i agree with you, and brit hume is one of my favorites, he really tries to be fair and balanced.

i think that it is more the average person claiming a biased pundit is not biased......i had someone the other night try and tell me keith olberman is not biased.....i think all reporters / pundits are biased ......

i think one of the most even handed talking heads is britt hume......he tries to have a balanced panel of two and two and tries to get equal voice for both.....