PDA

View Full Version : Michigan primary a failure

gabosaurus
01-15-2008, 11:19 PM
I've been scanning some of the larger and more influential Michigan newspapers. If there is one thing they all agree on, it is that the state primary was nearly meaningless.
Near blizzard conditions in some areas, along with lack of interest, limited voter turnout to 10-15 percent in most areas. Dem voters were unhappy that only Hillary was listed on their ballot. GOP voters felt that most of their candidates pretty much conceded the state to Romney, who did not campaign in Iowa and NH.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080115/NEWS15/80115075/&imw=Y

Dilloduck
01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
I've been scanning some of the larger and more influential Michigan newspapers. If there is one thing they all agree on, it is that the state primary was nearly meaningless.
Near blizzard conditions in some areas, along with lack of interest, limited voter turnout to 10-15 percent in most areas. Dem voters were unhappy that only Hillary was listed on their ballot. GOP voters felt that most of their candidates pretty much conceded the state to Romney, who did not campaign in Iowa and NH.

party pooper
:laugh2:

red states rule
01-15-2008, 11:23 PM

McCain and Huck Finn spent alot of time and money in the state. Mitt turned the election in his failure by talking about the economy and how all is not lost for the state

gabosaurus
01-15-2008, 11:26 PM
RSR -- Thanks for not reading the story, or bothering to think in general. You remain totally clueless.

red states rule
01-15-2008, 11:32 PM
RSR -- Thanks for not reading the story, or bothering to think in general. You remain totally clueless.

I did read it

Why was Hillary the only Dem on the ballot?

Clinton still on Michigan ballot as others drop out
by John McCormick

Two of the three leading Democratic presidential candidates have asked to have their names removed from the Jan. 15 primary ballot in Michigan because the state has not stuck to Democratic National Committee scheduling rules, likely rendering the contest insignificant.

Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois and former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards on Tuesday both filed paperwork with the Michigan secretary of state to have their names withdrawn, as did Delaware Sen. Joe Biden.

"This is an extension of the pledge we made, based on the rules that the DNC laid out," Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt said in a statement. "We still hope that Michigan Democrats can adopt a process that meets DNC rules and, if so, look forward to fighting for the votes of men and women across the state."

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson had already sent a letter Monday, ahead of today's deadline, asking for his name to be removed.

Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York and Sen. Christopher Dodd of Connecticut have agreed not to campaign in either Michigan or Florida, which ignored party rules by scheduling nominating contests before Feb. 5.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/leaving_michigan_behind.html

waterrescuedude2000
01-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I am hoping McCain can make a comeback as 93% of the votes are in but we will see. I am not a big fan of multiple choice Mitt. If you listen to the state he represented a lot of people were quoted as saying Mitt sold us up the river... I don't know he is better than Ron Paul but if either get the nomination I am moving out of the country. I probably won't vote if either of those to make the nomination.

waterrescuedude2000
01-15-2008, 11:44 PM
She is gonna be in Reno tomorrow talking and I am gonna take my sign that says "EVEN BILL DOESN'T WANT HILLARY ASK MONICA!!!!"

red states rule
01-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I am hoping McCain can make a comeback as 93% of the votes are in but we will see. I am not a big fan of multiple choice Mitt. If you listen to the state he represented a lot of people were quoted as saying Mitt sold us up the river... I don't know he is better than Ron Paul but if either get the nomination I am moving out of the country. I probably won't vote if either of those to make the nomination.

McCain is done for tonight, and perhaps he is done for the campaign. The bottom line is, Republicans have to band together or else we may have a big tax and spend lib like Hillary or Obama as President wuith a Dem run Congress

Do you remember how things were with Peanut Carter - we could quickly return to those days

red states rule
01-15-2008, 11:47 PM
She is gonna be in Reno tomorrow talking and I am gonna take my sign that says "EVEN BILL DOESN'T WANT HILLARY ASK MONICA!!!!"

You sexist bastard :lol:

PostmodernProphet
01-16-2008, 05:18 AM
McCain and Huck Finn spent alot of time and money in the state.

not in my part of it.....nobody did.....I saw no campaign ads until the week before the election, campaign yard signs didn't show up until three days before.....I did get a lot of telephone calls, all from Romney including one recording in his voice that included my name and city.....either they have a very sophisticated Phonetree system or he recorded it seperately, because I couldn't tell where the name was patched in......

bullypulpit
01-16-2008, 05:38 AM

And this surprises you?

red states rule
01-16-2008, 07:09 AM
And this surprises you?

are libs like you and Gabby always devoid of reality 24 hours a day - or just when you are posting?

Pale Rider
01-16-2008, 02:23 PM

Yeah we've got the liberal trifecta here today, hitlery, obama bin laden and the breck girl.