PDA

View Full Version : Wexler calls for Cheney's impeachment

red states rule
01-16-2008, 07:58 AM
and Dems wonder why their approval ratings are about 10 points lower then President Bush's

January 15, 2008
Read More: Bad behavior

Wexler calls for Cheney's impeachment

Rep. Robert Wexler (D-Fla.) is urging the House Judiciary Committee to begin impeachment hearings against Vice President Dick Cheney, despite opposition from House Democratic leaders.

"In this time, at this moment, Congress must stand for truth," Wexler said in a speech on the House floor Monday night. "A growing chorus of Americans is calling for accountability. The response from Congress thus far has been silence and denial."

Wexler's speech was met by applause from spectators in the House gallery, resulting in warning to them to be quiet.

watch the video and read the complete article

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0108/Wexler_renews_call_for_Cheneys_impeachment.html

PostmodernProphet
01-16-2008, 08:12 AM
interesting....the way such things work procedurally, they should be ready to begin hearings about the time his successor is inaugurated.......

theHawk
01-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Thats me most assinine thing I've heard of, impeach a VP for what the Prez has done.

I love how the Republicans voted for it the first time in order to force the Dems to backpeddle. Clearly demonstrating they have absolutely no intention of really carrying out an impeachment. This is all just political theatre for the moonbat libs.

red states rule
01-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Thats me most assinine thing I've heard of, impeach a VP for what the Prez has done.

I love how the Republicans voted for it the first time in order to force the Dems to backpeddle. Clearly demonstrating they have absolutely no intention of really carrying out an impeachment. This is all just political theatre for the moonbat libs.

Republicans are giving Dems plenty of rope, and I hope the Dems use it