PDA

View Full Version : Yummy lunch today

Abbey Marie
01-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Cold sesame noodles with cucumber strips, and a Snapple with lemon.
Not bad...

Kathianne
01-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Not bad...

That sounds good and healthy! My breakfast was not, but I'm not hungry yet, hours later. Hot skillet eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, hashbrowns, peppers, onion, cheese. Definitely yummy, but not healthy.

Little-Acorn
01-16-2008, 05:14 PM
If eatihg a certain food is healthier than not eating at all, then it's "healthy" in my book.

What other definition do you need? :)

typomaniac
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Not bad...
My dog had 1 cup of Canidae kibbles, 1 tablespoon of salmon oil, and about 5 tablespoons of ground lamb, ground chicken, and rice (from a dog food can).

He thought it was yummy, too! :coffee:

Hagbard Celine
01-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Today I had turnip greens, black eyed peas, cornbread and dirty rice. It was da bomb.

Pale Rider
01-17-2008, 12:27 PM
That sounds good and healthy! My breakfast was not, but I'm not hungry yet, hours later. Hot skillet eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, hashbrowns, peppers, onion, cheese. Definitely yummy, but not healthy.

Is that a midwest thing? Because that sounds a whole lot like my favorite breakfast too. I like a three egg omlete with ham, cheese, onion, green pepper and mushrooms. I like the Country Gravy with sausage bits over my hash browns too. Gaawd... now I'm hungry... :coffee:

typomaniac
01-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Is that a midwest thing? Because that sounds a whole lot like my favorite breakfast too. I like a three egg omlete with ham, cheese, onion, green pepper and mushrooms. I like the Country Gravy with sausage bits over my hash browns too. Gaawd... now I'm hungry... :coffee:

Growing up on the West Coast, I knew of lots of restaurants that served this kind of breakfast (not as many now as there used to be). My family usually saved this kind of meal for weekend mornings.

Kathianne
01-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Growing up on the West Coast, I knew of lots of restaurants that served this kind of breakfast (not as many now as there used to be). My family usually saved this kind of meal for weekend mornings.

Well yesterday was like a weekend, a celebratory day. Got to school and the heat was out. By 8:15 a few of us were on our way to breakfast. ;) Better than a snow day, no bad driving.

dan
01-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Today I had turnip greens, black eyed peas, cornbread and dirty rice. It was da bomb.

Is CNN paying you in food stamps?

INAPPROPRIATE!!!

typomaniac
01-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Is CNN paying you in food stamps?

INAPPROPRIATE!!!

Darned straight, it's inappropriate: soul food rocks! :rock:

dan
01-17-2008, 02:14 PM
soul food rocks! :rock:

There was an outstanding restaurant in the town I used to live in, Orangeburg, called Ms. Tooky's that made outstanding soul food. However, it was in a part of town that somebody like me couldn't exactly hang out in comfortably, if you know what I mean.