PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming Protesters Snowed On

red states rule
01-18-2008, 07:03 AM
You can't make thuis stuff up folks

January 17, 2008
Global warming protest frosted with snow

It snowed, but they still came. A heavy snowfall blanketed a global warming protest outside the State House in Annapolis this morning, but it did not dampen the shouts of about 400 activists who urged lawmakers to pass the nation's toughest greenhouse gas control law.

As supporters waved signs, chanted and banged drums, 18 legislators walked down a symbolic green carpet to sign up as co-sporsors to a bill that would mandate that all businesses in Maryland cut emissions of global warming pollution by 25 percent by 2020 and 90 percent by 2050.

"We are going to pass this bill this year," said State Sen. Paul Pinsky, a Democrat from Prince George's County and chairman of the senate's environmental matters subcommittee. "We are not going to rest, we are not going to stop....We are going to keep going until we pass this
bill."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bay_environment/blog/

retiredman
01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
http://news.wired.com/dynamic/stories/N/NORTHEAST_MILDER_WINTERS?SITE=WIRE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-01-13-03-37-18

theHawk
01-18-2008, 11:18 AM
http://news.wired.com/dynamic/stories/N/NORTHEAST_MILDER_WINTERS?SITE=WIRE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-01-13-03-37-18

http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/topstory/20020820southseaice.html

Hagbard Celine
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
It's winter genius. It snows in winter. Always has. The reason people protest is because there's still time to do something about it. By the time it becomes catastrophic, it'll be kinda difficult to protest underwater or in 100 degree heat.

Hagbard Celine
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/topstory/20020820southseaice.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9527485/

http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=106798

Mine're newer. :poke:

-Cp
01-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Russia warns of emergency as Siberian temperatures dip to -67F...

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009739004

theHawk
01-18-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9527485/

http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=106798

Mine're newer. :poke:

The point is that our world has always been changing, and always will be changing. There've been periods in Earth's history were its been much hotter than it is now, as well as Ice Ages. When these fear-mongering Global warming alarmists continue to fail to give us all the facts, its obvious they are simply doing it for a political agenda as opposed to geniune science. Our world has been warming up for the last 15,000 years, since the end of the last Ice Age. So to try to pin it all on mankind within the last 50 - 100 years based on a very small window of time is absurd. Its junk science.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 06:43 AM
It's winter genius. It snows in winter. Always has. The reason people protest is because there's still time to do something about it. By the time it becomes catastrophic, it'll be kinda difficult to protest underwater or in 100 degree heat.

Funny how CNN and the liberal media bellow about global warming during hot days during the summer

Hate to have come back ya don't ya?

The myth of global warming is being exposed, and the left does not like it

Chessplayer
01-19-2008, 04:39 PM
The point is that our world has always been changing, and always will be changing. There've been periods in Earth's history were its been much hotter than it is now, as well as Ice Ages.

None of the people, even the staunchest advocates of global warming, are denying this at all...What's your point?

manu1959
01-19-2008, 05:14 PM

pussies..........

MtnBiker
01-20-2008, 02:05 AM
None of the people, even the staunchest advocates of global warming, are denying this at all...What's your point?

Perhaps that historical climate changes have occurred regardless of human activity and will continue to do so.

red states rule
01-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Many weather experts have said we are in the same weather patterns we were in during the 1950's and 1960's

There is nothing new here going on

AFbombloader
01-20-2008, 05:27 AM

Where and when? I have not seen one that will state that this is a natural event fueled by the earth and sun. Please show me.

AF:salute:

red states rule
01-20-2008, 05:29 AM
Where and when? I have not seen one that will state that this is a natural event fueled by the earth and sun. Please show me.

AF:salute:

All the global warming nuts do not blame any changes in the temp to natural events of the sun

No, it is caused by people driving their SUV's

Chessplayer
01-20-2008, 03:43 PM

I'm not stating that they claim that this is a NATURAL EVENT fueled by the Earth and Sun. I'm claiming that they say that humans are CONTRIBUTING to a tendency that is already happening. Is that difficult?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Terminology

The term "global warming" is a specific example of climate change, which can also refer to global cooling. In common usage, the term refers to recent warming and implies a human influence

Note: "Human influence," not "wholly caused by humans"

http://unfccc.int/essential_background/feeling_the_heat/items/2903.php

* Human activities are making the blanket "thicker" -- the natural levels of these gases are being supplemented by emissions of carbon dioxide from the burning of coal, oil, and natural gas; by additional methane and nitrous oxide produced by farming activities and changes in land use; and by several long-lived industrial gases that do not occur naturally.

NOTE: The blanket is there, just that the human activities are making it THICKER.

manu1959
01-20-2008, 03:49 PM
does no one see the humour in the fact that they are protesting global warming and it is snowing......

how about the fact that the earth has gone through these cycles before....

Chessplayer
01-20-2008, 04:55 PM
does no one see the humour in the fact that they are protesting global warming and it is snowing......

how about the fact that the earth has gone through these cycles before....

Your proponents of global warming aren't denying that the earth has gone through these cycles.

Do you find humor in the 95 year old man who smokes 2 packs a day going to an anti-smoking meeting?

MtnBiker
01-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Do you find humor in the 95 year old man who smokes 2 packs a day going to an anti-smoking meeting?

How is that relevant?

Chessplayer
01-20-2008, 11:09 PM
How is that relevant?

It's quite simple: Do you take a look at one incident, like this snowstorm, and expand it to try to explain the whole, like "Look, global warming isn't happening, it snowed!" much like you can look at the lifetime smoker, and say, "Look, smoking isn't bad for you."

gabosaurus
01-20-2008, 11:27 PM
DUH!! The whole "global warming" thing is not about heat or snow. It is the temperature of the ground, the temp of the atmosphere, the ozone layer and other such things. It is NOT about how cold it gets at any time or how warm it gets at any time.

Of course, I doubt I will ever be able to properly explain this to remedial educated folks like RSR.

red states rule
01-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Global warming is a scam and nothing but an attack on capitalism. The liberal media is not interested in opposing views - much like the left

CBS 'Global Warming Special' Host Likened Warming Skeptics to Holocaust Deniers
By Jeff Poor | January 21, 2008 - 15:39 ET

While most of the country was watching the Green Bay Packers play the New York Giants, CBS aired an hour-long, severely one-sided special about the threat of global warming.

The special was hosted by CBS's Scott Pelley. In January 2007, Pelley was asked why he refused to include global warming skeptics in his reporting. He responded, "If I do an interview with [Holocaust survivor] Elie Wiesel, am I required as a journalist to find a Holocaust denier?"

The January 20 CBS special attacked the Bush White House for not being willing to sign the Kyoto Protocol after he was elected - furthering the common misconception that Bush has been alone in his opposition to it, as the Senate actually voted 95 to 0 to reject Kyoto earlier.

for the complete article

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeff-poor/2008/01/21/cbs-airs-conspiratorial-global-warming-special-hosted-reporter-who-likene

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 01:49 PM
You can't make thuis stuff up folks

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bay_environment/blog/

Do you understand what the term 'global' means?

darin
01-23-2008, 01:52 PM
You all know Man-made or man-influenced Global Warming is a joke, right? I mean, it's of the order of Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny, right?

Nobody SERIOUSLY buys into that crap, do they?

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
You all know Man-made or man-influenced Global Warming is a joke, right? I mean, it's of the order of Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny, right?

Nobody SERIOUSLY buys into that crap, do they?

Right, except for these guys:

American Association of State Climatologists
American Meteorological Society
American Geophysical Union
American Institute of Physics
American Astronomical Society
American Association for the Advancement of Science
Stratigraphy Commission of the Geological Society of London
Geological Society of America
American Chemical Society
Engineers Australia
U.S. National Research Council

Which organization in the above lists maintains that Santa Claus is real?

Can you even name a single scientific society of national or international standing which has issued statements opposing anthropogenic global warming? I can't think of one. Even the American Association of Petroleum Geologists has retracted its statement against anthropogenic warming and replaced it with a non-committal statement.

So in short, you're wrong.

darin
01-23-2008, 02:07 PM

Engineers Australia

Can you even name a single scientific society of national or international standing which has issued statements opposing anthropogenic global warming? I can't think of one. Even the American Association of Petroleum Geologists has retracted its statement against anthropogenic warming and replaced it with a non-committal statement.

UN? Do they count? Their report concluded there's nothing we can do to reverse what is happening naturally.

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 02:09 PM
UN? Do they count? Their report concluded there's nothing we can do to reverse what is happening naturally.

No it didn't.

manu1959
01-23-2008, 02:10 PM
so you are absolutely certain that global warming is caused by humans......

Engineers Australia

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 02:12 PM

I'm absolutely certain that the listed scientific societies have issued statements in support of anthropogenic global warming.

manu1959
01-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm absolutely certain that the listed scientific societies have issued statements in support of anthropogenic global warming.

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 02:15 PM

I'm not 'absolutely certain' the sun will rise tomorrow.

The phrase 'absolutely certain' has no relevance in science. Perhaps you should rephrase your question.

Anthropogenic causes are the only way to fully explain the current rapid warming trend. If you have a link to a paper which explains it using another cause, myself, and all the people who make global warming models, would surely appreciate it.

manu1959
01-23-2008, 02:17 PM
The phrase 'absolutely certain' has no relevance in science. Perhaps you should rephrase your question.

i am absolutely certain that water is comprised of oxygen and hydrogen......

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 02:18 PM
i am absolutely certain that water is comprised of oxygen and hydrogen......

How are you absolutely certain that water is composed of oxygen and hydrogen? Its 'only' a theory! If you're so 'absolutely certain' of it, surely you can prove it beyond a doubt, right? Then do it.

manu1959
01-23-2008, 02:24 PM
How are you absolutely certain that water is composed of oxygen and hydrogen? Its 'only' a theory! If you're so 'absolutely certain' of it, surely you can prove it beyond a doubt, right? Then do it.

well then .... it would seem you can't prove that global warming is caused by humans .... it is only a theory ....

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 02:28 PM
well then .... it would seem you can't prove that global warming is caused by humans .... it is only a theory ....

No more than you can prove that water is composed of oxygen and hydrogen! I guess since all of science is 'only a theory' we should completely ignore all of its conclusions. Or should we just ignore the ones you don't like?

manu1959
01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
No more than you can prove that water is composed of oxygen and hydrogen! I guess since all of science is 'only a theory' we should completely ignore all of its conclusions. Or should we just ignore the ones you don't like?

i never expressed a preference ... i simply asked you if you were absolutely certain that humans are the cause of global warming .... it appears that you have no idea and the best you can do is a maybe ....

btw can you prove that water is comprised of something other than oxygen and hydrogen....

i am sure that you are absolutely certain god does not exist though...

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 02:34 PM
btw can you prove that water is comprised of something other than oxygen and hydrogen....
btw can you prove that anthropogenic global warming is not happening?

Why do you reject science? You prefer the absolute certainty of the Bible? Or the absolute certainty of 'common sense' ? Because honestly, I don't think the US would be a world superpower without its science, yet you reject all of it because none of it is 'absolutely certain'.

BTW - since you are 'absolutely certain' that water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen, you should be able to PROVE it. I await your proof.....

manu1959
01-23-2008, 02:45 PM
btw can you prove that anthropogenic global warming is not happening?

Why do you reject science? You prefer the absolute certainty of the Bible? Or the absolute certainty of 'common sense' ? Because honestly, I don't think the US would be a world superpower without its science, yet you reject all of it because none of it is 'absolutely certain'.

BTW - since you are 'absolutely certain' that water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen, you should be able to PROVE it. I await your proof.....

i asked you a simple question......i am sorry you are unable to answer it....

and now i am absoultley certain you have no clue about this issue or any other for that matter....good day

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 02:49 PM
i asked you a simple question......i am sorry you are unable to answer it....

and now i am absoultley certain you have no clue about this issue or any other for that matter....good day

I anxiously await your proof that water is made of oxygen and hydrogen...