PDA

View Full Version : Lieberman: McCain Will Get Tough With Castro, Chavez

nevadamedic
01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Lieberman, a longtime friend of the Cuban-American community, said that McCain is the best candidate to champion the cause of freedom in Cuban and across the Americas.

“While change in Cuba will come from within, we need to help more,” Lieberman said. “McCain would make Radio and TV Marti more effective and provide more material support to Cuba’s pro-democracy dissidents.”

And McCain will take on more than just Fidel Castro.

Across the board, “McCain will engender trust in our friends and fear and respect from our enemies,” said Lieberman. “With John McCain, [Iranian President Mahmoud] Ahmedinejad and [Venezuelan President] Hugo Chavez will face their toughest adversary. … Freedom isn’t something McCain learned in a book.”

Full Story...................
http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/Lieberman_McCain_miami/2008/01/17/65389.html?s=al&promo_code=4343-1

Yurt
01-18-2008, 05:38 PM
oooooh, i feel safe already....

red states rule
01-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Lieberman, a longtime friend of the Cuban-American community, said that McCain is the best candidate to champion the cause of freedom in Cuban and across the Americas.

“While change in Cuba will come from within, we need to help more,” Lieberman said. “McCain would make Radio and TV Marti more effective and provide more material support to Cuba’s pro-democracy dissidents.”

Across the board, “McCain will engender trust in our friends and fear and respect from our enemies,” said Lieberman. “With John McCain, [Iranian President Mahmoud] Ahmedinejad and [Venezuelan President] Hugo Chavez will face their toughest adversary. … Freedom isn’t something McCain learned in a book.”

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/Lieberman_McCain_miami/2008/01/17/65389.html?s=al&promo_code=4343-1

McCain also said he is not for amnesty, for tax cuts, and now he says he will stand up to Castro

Why do I not take him seriously?

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 07:26 AM

So mccain wants to fuck with the legal leader of a sovereign nation that means no more to us than a flee on a dogs butt, and yet he wants to let 20 million illegal aliens remain forever inside our country.

Christ... the more I hear about this bafoon, the more I'm convinced he's off his fucking rocker.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 07:30 AM
So mccain wants to fuck with the legal leader of a sovereign nation that means no more to us than a flee on a dogs butt, and yet he wants to let 20 million illegal aliens remain forever inside our country.

Christ... the more I hear about this bafoon, the more I'm convinced he's off his fucking rocker.

PR, Iw ould not call Castro the "legal leader" - he is a dictator and killer. But yes, i agree with you - he is no threat to the US and will be dead soon due to his failing health

McCain is a fucking RINO, and like Hillary and Obama, pandering to any and all people he can

Here is another article on the real John McCain

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/fae2a9ca-c569-11dc-811a-0000779fd2ac.html

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 07:42 AM
PR, Iw ould not call Castro the "legal leader" - he is a dictator and killer. But yes, i agree with you - he is no threat to the US and will be dead soon due to his failing health

McCain is a fucking RINO, and like Hillary and Obama, pandering to any and all people he can

Here is another article on the real John McCain

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/fae2a9ca-c569-11dc-811a-0000779fd2ac.html

Sure Castro is a dictator, but killer... I haven't heard of anybody he's been killing. None the less, he is the recognized leader of that country, and Cuba or Castro is no more a threat to us than the man in the moon is. Let Cuba work out it's own problems. We don't need mccain sticking his dumb ass nose in that business down there. McCain is just coming across as another damn war monger, and that's the last thing this country needs right now.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Sure Castro is a dictator, but killer... I haven't heard of anybody he's been killing. None the less, he is the recognized leader of that country, and Cuba or Castro is no a threat to us than the man in the moon is. Let Cuba work out it's own problems. We don't mccain sticking his dumb ass nose in that business down there. McCain is just coming across as another damn war monger, and that's the last thing this country needs right now.

Agreeded PR. Castor is like Saddam only he does his killing more quietly. Yes McCain is pandering and trying to flex his military background

Do not get me wrong - I thank McCain for his service as I do anyone who served

but he is a RINO, and he is only worried what the NY Times and CNN say about him.

And that he is invited to all the important DC cocktail parties

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-19-2008, 01:02 PM

Christ... the more I hear about this bafoon, the more I'm convinced he's off his fucking rocker.AT times McCain makes Ron Paul look sane :laugh2:

red states rule
01-19-2008, 01:04 PM
AT times McCain makes Ron Paul look sane :laugh2:

and Mainman rational :lol:

82Marine89
01-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Sure says a lot about a candidate when a supposed political activist/post whore blogger/rent-a-cop and a democrat support him. One can't defend him as a conservative and the other supports the overthrow of a sovereign nation. Fuck McCain. He will never get my vote.

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-19-2008, 01:12 PM
and Mainman rational :lol: NOW that's some scary shit :laugh2:

red states rule
01-19-2008, 01:16 PM
NOW that's some scary shit :laugh2:

and Paul does it without trying very hard

Mr. P
01-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Didn't Castro hand over all power to his brother within the last few months?

Pretty sure I heard that.

Regardless, Joe is WAY off base on this.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Didn't Castro hand over all power to his brother within the last few months?

Pretty sure I heard that.

Regardless, Joe is WAY off base on this.

He did give hs brother the power of his dictatorship - but I am sure Castro is still calling the shots

nevadamedic
01-19-2008, 02:08 PM

That coming from someone who thinks Ron Paul is sane. :poke:

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 02:12 PM
That coming from someone who thinks Ron Paul is sane. :poke:

Ron Paul is a constitutionalist. If you call someone like that insane... then you're the one who needs a poke in the side, not me.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Ron Paul is a constitutionalist. If you call someone like that insane... then you're the one who needs a poke in the side, not me.

Didn't Paul say the US deserved 9-11 because of our foreign policy?

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Didn't Paul say the US deserved 9-11 because of our foreign policy?

I've never heard him say that. Have you?

red states rule
01-19-2008, 02:22 PM

Maybe I misudnerstood, but in the first Republican debate, Paul said something about 9-11 and Rudy slapped him down (to huge applause from the crowd)

I gathered Paul said he had 9-11 coming

I will check on it PR

Here is one link

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/05/15/video-rudy-blasts-ron-pauls-apology-for-911/

manu1959
01-19-2008, 02:34 PM

yep ... he said in one of the debates we deserved to be attacked because of our foreign policy.....

red states rule
01-19-2008, 02:35 PM
yep ... he said in one of the debates we deserved to be attacked because of our foreign policy.....

I have a video link posted that shows his stupid statement and Rusy firing back at him

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/05/15/video-rudy-blasts-ron-pauls-apology-for-911/

manu1959
01-19-2008, 02:36 PM
I have a video link posted that shows his stupid statement and Rusy firing back at him

watched that debate....saw it live.....he got his named crossed off my ballot right then and there.....

red states rule
01-19-2008, 02:38 PM
watched that debate....saw it live.....he got his named crossed off my ballot right then and there.....

and Rudy had him for a snack

I wish Rudy would have run a better campaign

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 02:51 PM

I did not once hear Paul say "we deserved it." Sorry. What I did hear him say is that us being over in the middle east just gives the terrorists a better shot at us because were in their back yard, and that their hate for us being there grows because we are. How you extrapolate he said "we deserved 911" out of that, I don't know.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 02:53 PM
I did not once hear Paul say "we deserved it." Sorry. What I did hear him say is that us being over in the middle east just gives the terrorists a better shot at us because were in their back yard, and that their hate for us being there grows because we are. How you extrapolate he said "we deserved 911" out of that, I don't know.

As I said I was not sure what he said, but watching the tape, he was making excuses for the terrorists

We may have to agree to disagree on what his intention was

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 02:59 PM
As I said I was not sure what he said, but watching the tape, he was making excuses for the terrorists

We may have to agree to disagree on what his intention was

We can agree to disagree.

And I wouldn't even say he was making excuses. I'd say he was pointing out reasonable thoughts as to why they hate us so much.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 03:01 PM
We can agree to disagree.

And I wouldn't even say he was making excuses. I'd say he was pointing out reasonable thoughts as to why they hate us so much.

and what were their reason for the first WTC attack, the USS Cole, and the US embassies?

what were their "reasonable thoughts"?

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 03:08 PM
and what were their reason for the first WTC attack, the USS Cole, and the US embassies?

what were their "reasonable thoughts"?

That's another point he made, that we don't seem to understand the unreasonable thought process of terrorists.

If people believe that parking in the terrorists back yard and getting blown up and shot at daily is the solution, fantastic. Personally, I don't. Number one, our military isn't big enough to do it. Number two, we can't afford it. Why is it that some believe it's bush's way or no way? Why can't there be a 'third' option? Why can't we try something new? Maybe something where less of our troops got killed. Maybe something we could afford. If it doesn't work, what are we out? You can NOT convince me that us parking our asses in Iraq FOREVER is the ONE AND ONLY right thing to do. Bologna. There has to be other options, and Paul is willing to try something different. I agree with that.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 03:11 PM
That's another point he made, that we don't seem to understand the unreasonable thought process of terrorists.

If people believe that parking in the terrorists back yard and getting blown up and shot at daily is the solution, fantastic. Personally, I don't. Number one, our military isn't big enough to do it. Number two, we can't afford it. Why is it that some believe it's bush's way or no way? Why can't there be a 'third' solution. Why can't we try something new? Maybe something where less of our troops got killed. Maybe something we could afford. If it doesn't work, what are we out? You can NOT convince me that us parking our asses in Iraq FOREVER is the ONE AND ONLY right thing to do. Bologna. There has to be other options, and Paul is willing to try something different. I agree with that.

and not striking back at the terrorists is not the answer. Do I support everything Pres bush has done - hell no. he has let me down on many issues

The war was fought with many mistakes, but now the troops have turned it around a full 189 degrees

Paul does not strike me as the type of guy who would stand up to them - he wouldr ather pull back and hope they leave us alone

Many like him tried to deal with Hitler the same way in the early 1930's

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 03:16 PM
and not striking back at the terrorists is not the answer. Do I support everything Pres bush has done - hell no. he has let me down on many issues

The war was fought with many mistakes, but now the troops have turned it around a full 189 degrees

Paul does not strike me as the type of guy who would stand up to them - he wouldr ather pull back and hope they leave us alone

Many like him tried to deal with Hitler the same way in the early 1930's

Paul is a veteran, and I don't believe for one second that if we were attacked, he wouldn't hit back with everything we have. He'd just wait until we were hit. And I believe he wouldn't have us invading countries that hadn't attacked us, and he wouldn't have our military used as occupiers, and he wouldn't have America in the business of nation building. None of that is in our constitution, and I don't believe we should be doing it either, and that's why I like Ron Paul.

red states rule
01-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Paul is a veteran, and I don't believe for one second that if we were attacked, he wouldn't hit back with everything we have. He'd just wait until we were hit. And I believe he wouldn't have us invading countries that hadn't attacked us, and he wouldn't have our military used as occupiers, and he wouldn't have America in the business of nation building. None of that is in our constitution, and I don't believe we should be doing it either, and that's why I like Ron Paul.

Why wait until we are hit PR?

If you and I are neighbors and we are constanlty fighting and you see me building a cannon and I have it pointing at your house - are you going to wait until I fire the cannon?

Kathianne
01-19-2008, 03:24 PM

If you and I are neighbors and we are constanlty fighting and you see me building a cannon and I have it pointing at your house - are you going to wait until I fire the cannon?

We were hit on 9/11, he said it was our fault.

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 03:27 PM

Yup. You may never fire it knowing I have a cannon and it's pointed back at you. What do you think all the intercontinental ballistic missiles pointed at America are? They're your 'cannon.' Are we attacking all those people because they have missiles, 'cannons', pointed at us. No.

We need to fight when we absolutely need to. Go in, kick ass in a fashion that leaves nothing alive and total destruction, and then LEAVE. I say if we do anything at all, we need to use MORE force, but we need to use it, then LEAVE. This occupying and nation building is not the answer, and it's against our constitution. We don't have a big enough military for it, and we can't afford it.

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Paul is a veteran, and I don't believe for one second that if we were attacked, he wouldn't hit back with everything we have. He'd just wait until we were hit. Then he would say it's up to the state that got hit. better hope your state has a few missile silos

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 03:32 PM
We were hit on 9/11, he said it was our fault.

Could you please show me verbatim where he said that? I don't want to hear a construed opinion. I want to see it or hear it in actual words.

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Then he would say it's up to the state that got hit. better hope your state has a few missile silos

Right... :uhoh:

I'll debate Ron Paul with anybody that keeps it sensible.

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Could you please show me verbatim where he said that? I don't want to hear a construed opinion. I want to see it or hear it in actual words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuX73Ixqtbg

red states rule
01-19-2008, 03:48 PM

I posted that video previously, and yes, it does show Paul making excuses for the terrorists (IMO)

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Right... :uhoh:

I'll debate Ron Paul with anybody that keeps it sensible.:poke: He's only got 2 answers for every question Turn tail and run from Iraq And It's up to the states. So if America was to have A nuke Terrorist attack on one of our city's Do You really think Ron Paul would do anything? I don't he would blame us for the attack and go babble some more anti-American crap Sorry PR but RP is insane in my book. America would be better off with Hillary and that isn't saying anything good

Kathianne
01-19-2008, 03:55 PM

Never said verbatim, said it was the gist of what he said. It was the reason Guiliani reacted as he did.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/18/martin/index.html

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 04:06 PM

I posted that video previously, and yes, it does show Paul making excuses for the terrorists (IMO)

Never said verbatim, said it was the gist of what he said. It was the reason Guiliani reacted as he did.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/18/martin/index.html

Well... you people are all hearing what you want to hear, not what he said. He's not talking in 'gists' or 'making excuses'. He's giving legitimate reasons why the terrorists HATE us so much, nothing more, and I don't think there's any denying that what he says is correct. Sure there can be MORE to it than that, but that doesn't discount his reasoning in any shape, way or form. Just because he isn't beating the war drum and vowing to stay in Iraq forever blindly following bush's war plan, you people dump on him, and it's not rational. Just because he wants our troops home, you people persecute him. Well, I didn't know we had such fervent war lovers here.

Mitt Romney has said he wants "ALL" our troops home too. Is he crazy as well?

red states rule
01-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Well... you people are all hearing what you want to hear, not what he said. He's not 'making excuses' either. He's giving legitimate reasons why the terrorists HATE us so much, nothing more, and I don't think there's any denying that what he says is correct. Sure there can be MORE to it than that, but that doesn't discount his reasoning in any shape, way or form. Just because he isn't beating the war drum and vowing to stay in Iraq forever blindly following bush's war plan, you people dump on him, and it's not rational. Just because he wants our troops home, you people hate him. Well, I didn't know we had such fervent war lovers here.

Pale, I do not hate him. He was making excuses for the terrorists, that is why Rudy jumped on him, the crowd loved Rudy's response, and that is when Pauls campaign tanked

If we do not go to war after 9-11, what is a valid cause?

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Pale, I do not hate him. He was making excuses for the terrorists, that is why Rudy jumped on him, the crowd loved Rudy's response, and that is when Pauls campaign tanked

If we do not go to war after 9-11, what is a valid cause?

Well, you know I completely disagree with you that he was "making excuses," because he wasn't. He was clearly giving very good reasons why the terrorists hate us. Giuliani twisted what he said to suit himself and cash in on 911 emotions, his baby.

We did go to war after 911. But we're way off track from that now. Maybe if we got back to actually fighting who and why was responsible for 911, the war would have more support. As it is now, more people want us out of Iraq than want us to stay there.

We're in Iraq because of the oil, not because of 911.

Kathianne
01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Well... you people are all hearing what you want to hear, not what he said. He's not talking in 'gists' or 'making excuses'. He's giving legitimate reasons why the terrorists HATE us so much, nothing more, and I don't think there's any denying that what he says is correct. Sure there can be MORE to it than that, but that doesn't discount his reasoning in any shape, way or form. Just because he isn't beating the war drum and vowing to stay in Iraq forever blindly following bush's war plan, you people dump on him, and it's not rational. Just because he wants our troops home, you people persecute him. Well, I didn't know we had such fervent war lovers here.

Mitt Romney has said he wants "ALL" our troops home too. Is he crazy as well?

Pale, you are hearing what you want to hear, from a false prophet. While I will be the first to say that I agree with most of his philosophy, he's not only the wrong messenger, he's dangerous.

Mr. P
01-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Pale, you are hearing what you want to hear, from a false prophet. While I will be the first to say that I agree with most of his philosophy, he's not only the wrong messenger, he's dangerous.

What politician isn't dangerous these days? What do you find dangerous about him?

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 04:38 PM

I think you're being a little melodramatic here Kath. 'False prophet, dangerous,' I don't think so. The man is totally politically incorrect. He lays it out there and tells it just like it is, and promises to follow the constitution. That's what I like about him, and that isn't scary, or false, or dangerous.

Kathianne
01-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I think you're being a little melodramatic here Kath. 'False prophet, dangerous,' I don't think so. The man is totally politically incorrect. He lays it out there and tells it just like it is, and promises to follow the constitution. That's what I like about him, and that isn't scary, or false, or dangerous.

You know, I might agree with you if that is what had happened. But it didn't. He tried to say that the militias and actual neo-nazis were of their own mindset, he had zip to do with it. Hadn't a clue to who wrote those newsletters that brought him an income of over $900k per year. Right Pale, he's just a bystander. I've got this nifty bridge, could make you a bundle...

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 07:34 PM
You know, I might agree with you if that is what had happened. But it didn't. He tried to say that the militias and actual neo-nazis were of their own mindset, he had zip to do with it. Hadn't a clue to who wrote those newsletters that brought him an income of over $900k per year. Right Pale, he's just a bystander. I've got this nifty bridge, could make you a bundle...

:rolleyes:.... OK.

manu1959
01-19-2008, 09:15 PM
so mccain is.......

a hawk...

pro life

fiscal conservative....

and no there is this.....

http://mccainblogette.com/

a hot daughter......

hmmmm.......