PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Grind

Cheyenne
01-18-2008, 02:07 PM
A thread where you can grab a cup of coffee and supply us with an opinion, insight, advice, inspiration; whatever floats your boat. I thought I would start with this.

You must give up something to get whatever you want in life.
The greater the value, the greater the sacrifice that will be required.
Everything you want has a price.

You pay a price if you want to make things better,
and you pay a price for just leaving things as they are.

Nothing worthwhile will come easily to you.
Work, continuous work and hard work,
is the only way to accomplish the results that last.

You'll find no success at bargain basement prices.

Dilloduck
01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
We spend 24 hours every day-----are you getting your time's worth out of your life ?

Yurt
01-18-2008, 08:57 PM
You'll find no success at bargain basement prices.

but, will you find a bargain at basement prices........some might consider that.....success

Psychoblues
01-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Great idea, Cheyenne!!!!!!!!! How about those ground hops that give us the nectar from the Gods otherwise called "beer"? Can I have a beer while you're drinking your coffee and while we talk about the richness and poorness of succcesses as well as failures?

"Daily Grind"? Great title for what I hope to be a great intro to each time I sign in on this board. I'll be looking for you. If you intend to start one daily I suggest you include the day of week and date in the title but whatever, the Grind is what I'll be looking for!!!!!!!!

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 11:21 PM
My daily grind is get up and..... well.... get up. Very stressful.

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 12:33 AM
I figured you would have lost that "fighting getting out of bed" syndrome while in basic training, pr?

My daily grind is get up and..... well.... get up. Very stressful.

That's OK. I did a few more years than you and sure as hell fought a few more wars. I still hate the rising of the Sun. It just feels so Japanese for me?!?!!?!???!?!?!?!!?

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 01:27 AM
I figured you would have lost that "fighting getting out of bed" syndrome while in basic training, pr?

That's OK. I did a few more years than you and sure as hell fought a few more wars. I still hate the rising of the Sun. It just feels so Japanese for me?!?!!?!???!?!?!?!!?

So you're a "piss drunk" war hero now? You somehow been able to divine my whole life? Through drinking beer right?

Damn man... you're dumber than a day old turd when you're drunk.

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 01:48 AM
Do you think your cursing me makes you look smart? Maybe it does to some but they don't matter to me.

So you're a "piss drunk" war hero now? You somehow been able to divine my whole life? Through drinking beer right?

Damn man... you're dumber than a day old turd when you're drunk.

If you have something sensible to say maybe we can talk. In the meantime I further suggest you talk with your nurse.

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Do you think your cursing me makes you look smart? Maybe it does to some but they don't matter to me.

If you have something sensible to say maybe we can talk. In the meantime I further suggest you talk with your nurse.

Get a grip Pb... you're the one that got a hard after I called you a liberal... remember?

If you don't like being called a liberal, then why are you one?

shattered
01-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Gee. Maybe *this* is why your attempt at the same type of thread didn't work 6 months ago.. You can't stop acting like an ass to save your life.

I'm guessing the timeshare on the brain you're using ran out about 20 minutes ago, so I just figured I'd clue you in, PB.

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 01:19 AM
You got me confused with someone else. Maybe you need to check your dates including the ones you were out with maybe yesterday?

Gee. Maybe *this* is why your attempt at the same type of thread didn't work 6 months ago.. You can't stop acting like an ass to save your life.

I'm guessing the timeshare on the brain you're using ran out about 20 minutes ago, so I just figured I'd clue you in, PB.

You talking to me? Save it.

Psychoblues
01-25-2008, 02:01 AM
Please don't feel so all alone, Cheyenne. Everybody must get stoned.

We tried.

Classact
01-25-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm a house husband and coffee time is checklist time for me... but, I do my daily walk and contemplate as I walk in isolation in the community park. Later in the evening as the sun goes down I return to quiet time and do the same...

I have a flighty mind jumping from thought to thought... what is important? Why, if I'm so smart I couldn't go back in time and explain exactly how to create all the things we enjoy? Things I can't do? Things I can do and how good I am at those things. Nature and my place in nature.

I watch the hawks being attacked by small birds in the day and then see the hawks the last to return to their nest in near dark... I watch nature after a rain and after a rain with a full moon... there is a difference and it triggers insects to do marvelous things.

I consider that I could have killed an enemy on the battlefield but couldn't be a repossession man because I can't be that heartless. Then I wonder why?

LiberalNation
01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
God I'm bored. Stupid printer wont print what I need. Blah. So glad it's friday. The week days grind me down.

Classact
01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
God I'm bored. Stupid printer wont print what I need. Blah. So glad it's friday. The week days grind me down.That reminds me that President Bush's ancestors came to America on the Mayflower and wonder why no one has made a movie like the Titanic to trace the steps of how it went down? And how it went up to where the family is now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_family check it out!

darin
01-25-2008, 09:52 AM
I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller. I wish i had a girl who looked good; I would call her.

Classact
01-27-2008, 06:24 AM
The hawks are last to roost because they watch the other birds as they go to their nests. The small birds attack the hawks because the hawks eat their babies the next day.

Psychoblues
02-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Maybe if you stopped picking your ass and biting your fingernails you would have a better taste for life?

I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller. I wish i had a girl who looked good; I would call her.

On the other hand, keep wishing you were baller. That will do it for you. Wut a wuss!!!!!!!!

Yurt
02-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Maybe if you stopped picking your ass and biting your fingernails you would have a better taste for life?

On the other hand, keep wishing you were baller. That will do it for you. Wut a wuss!!!!!!!!

this is a board, not a confessional :poke:

Psychoblues
02-10-2008, 01:05 AM
I come from a Pentecostal background, yurt.

this is a board, not a confessional :poke:

WE want to know all the details as dirty hehehehehehehehehehe as they might be.

5stringJeff
02-10-2008, 11:43 AM
My opinion is that I need to do a bit more Bible reading/meditation than I'm currently doing.

LiberalNation
02-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I just wana get confirmed already as a catholic so I can stop going to all these masses and church class.

5stringJeff
02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
I just wana get confirmed already as a catholic so I can stop going to all these masses and church class.

The point is to keep going to mass and church, to deepen one's relationship with God.

LiberalNation
02-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah well I'm only going now for my mom...........

and two of the guys just for their new wives.........

and I really don't enjoy mass all that much. The classes are okay tho.

Abbey Marie
02-10-2008, 09:34 PM
1. Have more energy
2. Clean out the garage
**3. Find a cure for my fil's stage 4 cancer

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Typical,

But interesting, carry on, LN.

diuretic
02-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Catechism is online LN, that should help your study.

When I go to work I take my car for a ten minute drive up to the bus terminal and park ($2 for the day and it's secure). I like it when I walk from the car park to the bus terminal and watch the parrots and cockatoos in the big gum trees. Sometimes the bright green grass parrots swoop over me, squawking at each other (and at me I think) or a wave of noisy rainbow lorikeets will fly overhead and seemingly leap into the trees, arguing noisily about who gets which position on the big boughs. That really does cheer me up. Then I stand in the line with my fellow bus-riders, most of whom look totally pissed off :laugh2:

Psychoblues
02-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Great shot, doc. Are they lorikeets, parakeets or just animals/birds that keep repeating what they hear?

diuretic
02-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Great shot, doc. Are they lorikeets, parakeets or just animals/birds that keep repeating what they hear?

Lorikeets PB, the rainbow type, they're lovely but noisy little buggers

http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=97

I occasionally see small groups of cockatiels but they tend to be less raucous and not in big mobs like the lorikeets.

http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/finder/display.cfm?id=49

Animals/birds that keep repeating...I walk past parliament house and there they are :laugh2:

Microcosmos
02-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Definitely the best choice for fleeing an infested area. The motorcycle--specifically the dirt bike--can reach places inaccessible to four-wheeled vehicles. Their speed and maneuverability allows them to be ridden right through a crowd of zombies. Their light weight allows them to be pushed for miles. Of course, there are drawbacks. Motorcycles have small gas tanks, and offer no protection whatsoever. The statistics show, however, that these are small disadvantages. When compared to other motorists attempting to escape a zombie outbreak, dirt-bike riders have a 23-to-1 survival rate. Sadly, 31 percent of motorcycle fatalities come from ordinary accidents. Reckless and/or arrogant riders could find themselves killed just as easily by a crash as by the jaws of the walking dead.

Inspirational quote of the day courtesy of Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide.

Psychoblues
02-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Have you ever heard or seen an American Republican?

Animals/birds that keep repeating...I walk past parliament house and there they are :laugh2:

Sqeeks and squawks are about all they are good for. They all think they are Bald Eagles but each day they remind us they are simple swallows. And they like it that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diuretic
02-18-2008, 03:41 AM
Have you ever heard or seen an American Republican?

Sqeeks and squawks are about all they are good for. They all think they are Bald Eagles but each day they remind us they are simple swallows. And they like it that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I visited a Republican in his office. He was a State Senator in Pasadena, Texas, I believe he is now the Land Commissioner, Jerry Patterson. I saw from his office paraphernalia that he was a USMC Aviator, he had some photos of F-4 Phantoms on the credenza behind him. He was very cordial and we had an interesting conversation about Tx politics and politics in my country. A very good friend of his (this is August 1996) was a government minister in the state of Queensland and then later a federal government minister. So, yes, I have sat down and talked with a Republican. It took me about a minute to work out that we were absolutely, totally diametrically opposed in terms of political ideology. But having said that, as I said, it was a courteous and cordial visit.

I'm not a name-dropper but you did ask me :laugh2:

stephanie
02-18-2008, 04:06 AM
Catechism is online LN, that should help your study.

When I go to work I take my car for a ten minute drive up to the bus terminal and park ($2 for the day and it's secure). I like it when I walk from the car park to the bus terminal and watch the parrots and cockatoos in the big gum trees. Sometimes the bright green grass parrots swoop over me, squawking at each other (and at me I think) or a wave of noisy rainbow lorikeets will fly overhead and seemingly leap into the trees, arguing noisily about who gets which position on the big boughs. That really does cheer me up. Then I stand in the line with my fellow bus-riders, most of whom look totally pissed off :laugh2:

so now you don't mind PAYING someone that which used to be a free thing to enjoy....and because other people find the intrusions in their lives, are now labeled bitchy...

Sad..

diuretic
02-18-2008, 04:50 AM
The car park is good. There are two car parks. One is free, the other costs $2 per day. One is fenced with an attendant and it's $2 to park there which I think is pretty reasonable.

The lunatic parrots are free :laugh2:

stephanie
02-18-2008, 05:24 AM
enjoy.........:dance:

Classact
02-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it,
piss on it and walk away

Dilloduck
02-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it,
piss on it and walk away

How about biting it ? :laugh2:

Psychoblues
02-20-2008, 01:57 AM
Been there and done that as well, doc. Meeting is not knowing. I've spent 57 years getting to know republicans and their covers don't begin to represent their ambitions.

Actually I visited a Republican in his office. He was a State Senator in Pasadena, Texas, I believe he is now the Land Commissioner, Jerry Patterson. I saw from his office paraphernalia that he was a USMC Aviator, he had some photos of F-4 Phantoms on the credenza behind him. He was very cordial and we had an interesting conversation about Tx politics and politics in my country. A very good friend of his (this is August 1996) was a government minister in the state of Queensland and then later a federal government minister. So, yes, I have sat down and talked with a Republican. It took me about a minute to work out that we were absolutely, totally diametrically opposed in terms of political ideology. But having said that, as I said, it was a courteous and cordial visit.

I'm not a name-dropper but you did ask me :laugh2:

diuretic
02-20-2008, 03:44 AM
Been there and done that as well, doc. Meeting is not knowing. I've spent 57 years getting to know republicans and their covers don't begin to represent their ambitions.

I'd have to agree with that PB, meeting isn't knowing for sure.

Psychoblues
02-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!

I'd have to agree with that PB, meeting isn't knowing for sure.

Don't you know it!!!!!!!!!