PDA

View Full Version : The Thought Police are out again....

theHawk
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
The World Thought Police are out to get famous tennis star, Baghdatis, for a comment he made over 10 months ago at a BBQ. Some want him booted out of the tournament. So the man doesn't like the Turks for invading Cyprus....Do people not have a right to even think and say what they want anymore?

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) -- Former Australian Open finalist Marcos Baghdatis has been criticized for making anti-Turkish comments in a video posted on the YouTube Web site, and Baghdatis has refused to apologize.

The video, posted on the video-sharing site 10 months ago but which only appeared in Australia's mainstream media Friday, shows Baghdatis, a Greek Cypriot, chanting and holding a flare at a barbecue with friends at a Melbourne home. One of the men pictured in the video is a member of the Hellas Fan Club who was evicted from a match at the Australian Open on Tuesday and banned from the remainder of the tournament.

Members of the Hellas Fan Club have supported Baghdatis over the past two years since his celebrated run to the 2006 final.

In the video, Baghdatis is reported to be saying: "Turks Out."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/tennis/01/17/baghdatis.video.ap/index.html

Hagbard Celine
01-18-2008, 02:56 PM
He's a Cypriot. What the hell do they expect him to say? Should he just be happy that the Turks invaded and occupied his island? What a load of crap. It's like we're all supposed to never acknowledge our dislikes or confront our detractors. It's that corporate, bovine mentality spreading and infecting everything that has turned us all into "workerbee consumers." I'm going to resist it until they put me under the ground.

Immanuel
01-18-2008, 03:30 PM
He's a Cypriot. What the hell do they expect him to say? Should he just be happy that the Turks invaded and occupied his island? What a load of crap. It's like we're all supposed to never acknowledge our dislikes or confront our detractors. It's that corporate, bovine mentality spreading and infecting everything that has turned us all into "workerbee consumers." I'm going to resist it until they put me under the ground.

But think how those poor Turks must feel by having him disparage them on world wide Youtube.com! It is an outrage I tell you. Everyone in the world must think they are awful people having invaded and occupied the Island of Cyprus simply because he said "Turks Out". We should send a stern letter demanding an apology from ole what's-his-name and offer our full support to the Turks. Think maybe they will need a couple hundred shrinks to counsel their citizens?

Immie

Dilloduck
01-18-2008, 04:13 PM

Corporate mentality is demanding everyone be PC ? I thought they were happy to take money from anyone.

Hagbard Celine
01-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Corporate mentality is demanding everyone be PC ? I thought they were happy to take money from anyone.

Ever work for a corporation?

Dilloduck
01-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Ever work for a corporation?

no---ever been an Australian Tennis star ?

Hagbard Celine
01-18-2008, 04:34 PM
no---ever been an Australian Tennis star ?

Baghdatis is a Cypriot. And no unfortunately I haven't ever been an Aussie tennis star.

actsnoblemartin
01-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Fuck turkey, they are another islamic government that does not believe in free speech or self criticism.

The World Thought Police are out to get famous tennis star, Baghdatis, for a comment he made over 10 months ago at a BBQ. Some want him booted out of the tournament. So the man doesn't like the Turks for invading Cyprus....Do people not have a right to even think and say what they want anymore?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/tennis/01/17/baghdatis.video.ap/index.html

Psychoblues
01-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Wouldn't you rather fuck chicken?

Fuck turkey, they are another islamic government that does not believe in free speech or self criticism.

They are so much more domesticated and otherwise docile.

Seriously, martin, even you can do better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!