PDA

View Full Version : Chertoff: New border rules will mean longer lines at first

82Marine89
01-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Starting February 1st, a driver's license and oral declaration of citizenship will not be enough to enter the United States.

So we can make it harder to enter the country legally through our ports of entry, but we can't secure our damn borders. This 'do as I say, not as I do' mentality of the government has got to stop.

ARTICLE...

WASHINGTON (AP) - Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff is predicting longer lines for those entering the United States because of new border crossing rules that will soon take effect.

Starting February 1st, a driver's license and oral declaration of citizenship will not be enough to enter the United States. People will have to present proof of citizenship, usually in the form of a passport or a birth certificate.

Chertoff says that without the rule change, the country risks another September 11th-type attack, adding that critics of the effort need to "grow up."

Chertoff says his agency will have to push back a deadline for requiring passports -- rather than birth certificates -- at the borders. Chertoff has already delayed the rule once, but Congress recently passed legislation delaying the passport requirement until June of 2009.

http://www.mysuncoast.com/Global/story.asp?S=7735900&nav=menu577_1

actsnoblemartin
01-19-2008, 01:56 PM
cant win a war on terror with no security of your borders, translation the government is retarded

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 04:46 AM
Did you read the freaking article, martin?

cant win a war on terror with no security of your borders, translation the government is retarded

Chertoff is stepping up ID requirements at the checkpoints as harassment for the legals. What's he doing about the freaking illegals that don't choose to go through checkpoints? Geez, it's a damned mystery to me?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

stephanie
01-20-2008, 05:03 AM
We have a bunch of friggin idiots running this country...(both Democrats and Republicans)..And we have sat back and allowed this MONSTER OF A GOVERMENT to take us over...so it will not get any better, it is only going to get worse.....Freedom was nice while it lasted....enjoy it now while you can...:cheers2:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 05:10 AM
"Now"? You got freedom "Now"? I guess it's a relative thing, ain't it?

actsnoblemartin
01-21-2008, 08:01 PM
its a start. and you are correct the government is doing a terrible job stopping illegals, im glad we seem to agree on that :)

Did you read the freaking article, martin?

Chertoff is stepping up ID requirements at the checkpoints as harassment for the legals. What's he doing about the freaking illegals that don't choose to go through checkpoints? Geez, it's a damned mystery to me?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

actsnoblemartin
01-21-2008, 08:02 PM
everything is relative, one mans terrorists is another mans freedom fighter :laugh2:

"Now"? You got freedom "Now"? I guess it's a relative thing, ain't it?