PDA

View Full Version : Media shouldn't make our choices

stephanie
01-19-2008, 02:27 AM
:clap:

Letters
Article Last Updated: 01/17/2008 10:26:22 AM EST

Thursday, January 17
A letter writer complained recently about how Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich is being overlooked by the mainstream media. Mr. Kucinich is being snubbed, and not necessarily because of his leftward leaning. I was in Manchester, N.H. last week working with another candidate, Duncan Hunter, who is being similarly snubbed by the media, and saw quite a bit of Mr. Kucinich doing the best he could at radio row to get some of the media to listen to his stance. I did manage to listen in while Mr. Kucinich gave a very convincing interview on some of the problems with our health care industry, including insurance company fraud. I am sure that his impassioned plea went quite unnoticed on the news later.
I had been convinced that Mr. Hunter's campaign was being blacked out by the media, the same as Mr. Kucinich's, merely because their message was exactly what most conservatives and liberals want to hear. Clear, concise points and stances on all of the issues facing us. But coming away from the election circus in the Radisson Hotel, and spending some time in thought on the subject, I have come to believe that neither candidate fits into the "reality TV" genre that the mainstream media seem to love so much.

The mainstream media is really interested in nothing more than a circus, one where the candidates bash each other, take pokes at each other, and generally do all they can to get some "emotional" response from the viewers. We all know who is bashing who each day, but do we really know exactly where each of the candidates actually stands and what each candidates exact solution is? The mainstream media's goal is to keep people tuning in and keep their ratings up, and hence, their ad money. The great disservice that it is performing on the American public, and the consequences it may reap, are sickening.

To think that people who have the power of information gathering and dissemination are only showing us what they want us to hear borders on the criminal.

Folks, I urge you to search the Internet and have a good look at all the candidates and then do your own research before making any choices. Please do not allow your choices to be determined by the "knuckleheaded news executives," as Mr. Hunter so aptly put it. They could not care less who gets elected, and care even less what you know about the candidates.

MARK BELCHER
Great Barrington

article from...
http://www.berkshireeagle.com/ci_7994835?source=most_emailed

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 02:36 AM
Then I suggest stop listening to the media and rely on internet sources, staphy. the DP board is not the only one, you know?!?!?!!?????!?!!?!?!?

stephanie
01-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Then I suggest stop listening to the media and rely on internet sources, staphy. the DP board is not the only one, you know?!?!?!!?????!?!!?!?!?

No shit shirlock..:thanks:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Oh, oh, oh oh oh, I just love it when you post your senseless/obvious shit!!!!!!!!

No shit shirlock..:thanks:

Pardon me while I go shower and change my underwear. You made me piss on myself laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, shirlock!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
01-20-2008, 02:53 AM
Oh, oh, oh oh oh, I just love it when you post your senseless/obvious shit!!!!!!!!

Pardon me while I go shower and change my underwear. You made me piss on myself laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, shirlock!!!!!!!!!!!

Boxers or Briefs??:coffee:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 03:22 AM
Hanes, lil' one.

Boxers or Briefs??:coffee:

stephanie
01-20-2008, 03:30 AM
Hanes, lil' one.

very comfy..:laugh2:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 04:41 AM
100% cotton and might I add that I wore Botany 500 100% cotton American made jammies every night (or at least every day) during Desert Storm. I still get cute letters from that!!!!!!!!!!!

very comfy..:laugh2:

Yeah, it could've been worse. Even in the military I learned that comfort is what you make for yourself.

stephanie
01-20-2008, 04:49 AM
100% cotton and might I add that I wore Botany 500 100% cotton American made jammies every night (or at least every day) during Desert Storm. I still get cute letters from that!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it couldve been worse. Even in the military I learned that comfort is what you make for yourself.

Living up here in the winters, my jammies are soft cotton blend long underwear, with a tee shirt over the top..
Of course with the price of fuel and living with -50 below temps. you have to try and save fuel and keep warm at the same time...

I love my long johns......very comfy...:cheers2:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Long Johns that they sell in the stores in the South are just too damned tight on me, staphy. They crawl up my ass crack, make my nuts hurt and just cause me to be generally miserable. Ain't you glad that I don't wear them? I know you think I'm an asshole generally but if I had to wear these Southern LongJohns for more than an hour or so even my wife couldn't get along with me!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
01-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Long Johns that they sell in the stores in the South are just too damned tight on me, staphy. They crawl up my ass crack, make my nuts hurt and just cause me to be generally miserable. Ain't you glad that I don't wear them? I know you think I'm an asshole generally but if I had to wear these Southern Long Johns for more than an hour or so even my wife couldn't get along with me!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot...we wouldn't you to be too restricted...You're crotchety enough without that happening....and I wouldn't your wife to be unhappy....:coffee:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 05:20 AM
The Cape Cods are tearing your ass up tonight, staphy!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot...we wouldn't you to be too restricted...You're crotchety enough without that happening....and I wouldn't your wife to be unhappy....:coffee:

Catch you on the upbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
01-20-2008, 05:26 AM
The Cape Cods are tearing your ass up tonight, staphy!!!!!!!!!!

Catch you on the upbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya...bye bye..:laugh2:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 06:03 AM
night, night, staphy!!!!!

See ya...bye bye..:laugh2:

It's been GREAT!!!!!!! Good to see you, hope to see you again!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
01-20-2008, 06:11 AM
night, night, staphy!!!!!

It's been GREAT!!!!!!! Good to see you, hope to see you again!!!!!!!!!!

What's it been now??
Over five yrs. we've known each other...

You know I WILL BEEEEEEEE BACK....:laugh2:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 06:15 AM
Dammit, I thought you had something important to say. night, night sweetie. You know, 5 years is still a long long time.

What's it been now??
Over five yrs. we've known each other...

You know I WILL BEEEEEEEE BACK....:laugh2:

Just kiddin' you, staphy, I'll catch you on the upbeat!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
01-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Dammit, I thought you had something important to say. night, night sweetie. You know, 5 years is still a long long time.

Just kiddin' you, staphy, I'll catch you on the upbeat!!!!!!!!!!!

You know it...my friend..
On the upbeat...:dance:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 07:14 AM
A One,,,, a two
I ain't got nothin' but some down home stew
Come on,,,,,,Ain't nothin' shakin' but the trees
I can squeeze ya and please ya but I won't get on my knees

One, four, five shuffle, good God ain't it magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know it...my friend..
On the upbeat...:dance: