PDA

View Full Version : Romney stimulus package

01-19-2008, 05:20 PM
He just released it. I havent seen every detail. but i really think it looks darn good.

http://www.mittromney.com/News/Press-Releases/Romney_Agenda_1.19

Particularly the stimulus for technology:

BUSINESSES: Governor Romney's Economic Stimulus Plan – Pro-Growth Tax Cuts For Businesses:

Institute Immediate 100% Expensing Of New Equipment Purchased By A Business For A Two-Year Period Retroactive To January 1, 2008. This plan would allow both large and small businesses to immediately invest in new equipment and capital improvements, which would immediately stimulate the economy and create new jobs.

- Boost U.S. Manufacturers And Vendors: Accelerating and increasing capital investment in equipment and other qualified assets in the U.S. will immediately provide a boost to U.S. manufacturers and vendors.

- Encourage Additional Business Investment: Entrepreneurs and small businesses, such as S corps and LLCs, which often face cash flow difficulties, will benefit greatly by the reduced cost of investment in equipment under this plan. Additional investment and expansion by these growing businesses will drive economic growth.

Reduce The Corporate Tax Rate To 20% Over Two Years. Governor Romney believes we should immediately act to reduce the corporate rate to 25% for 2008 and 20% in 2009. A permanent U.S. corporate tax rate of 20% will attract capital, stimulate investment, and increase American competitiveness with the rapidly growing economies of the world.

- A More Competitive Corporate Tax Rate: Governor Romney has spoken throughout the campaign about the need to reduce our corporate income tax rate in order to compete more effectively against other countries with lower rates. The United States currently has the second-highest corporate tax rate in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.

- Encourage New Capital Flows Into The United States: Cutting the corporate tax rate will cause new capital to flow to the U.S. and make our U.S. companies more competitive by providing additional funds for research, development, innovation, and hiring of additional employees.

and

- Make The Research And Development Tax Credit Permanent To Encourage Capital Investment And Innovation: Governor Romney believes that we must encourage companies to invest more in research and development to produce the innovations our companies need to win in the global economic competition.

I like it. It focuses on tax breaks and not just government spending. I have no doubt he wants to cut some of the superfluous spending in government. after all thats what he has done all his life. So i think this looks pretty darn good.

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 05:32 PM
The man knows what he's doing when it comes to money, more than any one of the other candidates. I think that's partly why he's doing so well at this very moment.

01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Been thinking alot about this one:

Permanently Eliminate Payroll Taxes On Employees Over The Age of 65. It is not fair that seniors that have worked their whole life and earned their full Social Security benefit continue to owe payroll taxes to the federal government.

- In This Uncertain Economic Environment, More And More Seniors Are Returning To The Workforce. Governor Romney's proposal will provide an immediate tax cut to working seniors.

- Governor Romney Believes That Seniors Have Already Earned Their Full Social Security Benefit And Should Not Owe Additional Payroll Taxes For Income Earned After Age 65.

He just gave himself a huge opportunity to win Pennsylvania. A large amount of the voters here are elderly people. This will be a very big appeal to them.

82Marine89
01-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Romney stimulus package

Poor choice of words.

red states rule
01-20-2008, 05:52 AM
The man knows what he's doing when it comes to money, more than any one of the other candidates. I think that's partly why he's doing so well at this very moment.

Mitt's is damn better then the Dems giving tax cuts to people who do not pay taxes

Which is their usual course of action