PDA

View Full Version : White House Advisors Searching For Ways To Bypass Congress Altogether

Psychoblues
02-19-2007, 01:56 AM
It’s a real hoot. Give it a good read.

White House Advisers Searching for Ways to ‘Bypass Congress Altogether’

President Bush is “struggling for relevancy in the same way many other second-term presidents have,” Newsweek observed recently. “But Bush’s burden seems much harder than other presidents in recent memory.” 71 percent of Americans see Bush as a “lame duck” president, and 58 percent “wish the Bush presidency were simply over.”
U.S. News reports that conservatives have seen the writing on the wall and are now advising Bush to “jump start” his final two years by pushing through as much as he can by executive fiat:

With President Bush unable to get much traction so far in moving his agenda through Congress or in improving his job-approval ratings with the public, White House advisers are casting about for ways to jump-start his final two years, including issuing executive orders to get things done without having to ask for support from the Democratic-controlled Congress.
“He should get a list of the executive orders for the last 200 years, as a guide, and choose what he wants to do,” says an informal Bush adviser. One proposal that fiscal conservatives are pushing is to halve all capital-gains taxes, as a way to encourage investment and job creation.

Some conservatives argue that even if Bush somehow regains his political footing, whatever he might work out with the Democratic majority in Congress wouldn’t be very good legislation, so he should go the executive-order route and bypass Congress altogether.

Bush has already begun to implement the strategy. Last month, Bush signed Executive Order 12866 to put political appointees — rather than experienced civil servants — in charge of regulatory agencies. The order would “give the White House much greater control over the rules and policy statements that the government develops to protect public health, safety, the environment, civil rights and privacy.” Columbia Law School professor Peter L. Strauss said the move “achieves a major increase in White House control over domestic government. … Having lost control of Congress, the president is doing what he can to increase his control of the executive branch.”

More: http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/17/bush-bypass-congress/

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin’

02-19-2007, 02:08 AM
What exactly would he be trying to bypass Congress for? It's not like he needs their permission for his commander in Chief duties. And he seems more than happy to sign their legislation.

Psychoblues
02-20-2007, 09:33 PM
That is exactly what I am talking about, avatar4321. I guess you didn't get it?

What exactly would he be trying to bypass Congress for? It's not like he needs their permission for his commander in Chief duties. And he seems more than happy to sign their legislation.

The prez ain't no prez at all. He is the dictator he prophesized shortly after his appointment. What were his exact words? "Given the choice, I'd rather be a dictator?" or something to that effect?

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin'

02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
You seem to still be confused. He doesn't need Congress's permission to direct the way the war is being waged. He is the Commander-in-Chief. The Constitution gives him direct power over the war already.

How is he somehow now a dictator by exercising the power the Constitution gave him after beind duly elected twice?

lily
02-20-2007, 10:50 PM

I'm not sure I understand you. Has Bush already signed some Democratic legislation or do you think Bush's only job in office is running (or not running) this war?

CSM
02-21-2007, 07:32 AM
I see Psycho found a new whacko lefty liberal Bush bashing web site.

stephanie
02-21-2007, 07:53 AM

Could we really expect anything different???:poke:

Psychoblues
02-22-2007, 09:02 PM
And exactly what would that site be, oh master military man with nothing but shit left to contemplate?

Psychoblues advertises his independence, his sense of humor, his non-sequitars and his perviews in his avatar and handle. What do you advertise other than your claimed rank and obvious propensities to agree with the liar, thief and international criminal that we now have as our CIC? Without a doubt I would have gone to Afghanistan to fight Al Queda if called upon to do so. Also without a doubt I would have told my commanders, my family and even my God if asked by them to intervene in Iraq to kiss my ass and wished them all well in their ill-advised and illegal endeavors.

You, like several others here can't stand the conversation so why do you insist on joining it when all you have is innuendo, insult and otherwise bullshit?

Psychoblues

CSM
02-23-2007, 07:36 AM
And exactly what would that site be, oh master military man with nothing but shit left to contemplate?

Psychoblues advertises his independence, his sense of humor, his non-sequitars and his perviews in his avatar and handle. What do you advertise other than your claimed rank and obvious propensities to agree with the liar, thief and international criminal that we now have as our CIC? Without a doubt I would have gone to Afghanistan to fight Al Queda if called upon to do so. Also without a doubt I would have told my commanders, my family and even my God if asked by them to intervene in Iraq to kiss my ass and wished them all well in their ill-advised and illegal endeavors.

You, like several others here can't stand the conversation so why do you insist on joining it when all you have is innuendo, insult and otherwise bullshit?

Psychoblues

Thanks for the humor; you are still a lying piece of crap. Did you think coming to this board would change anything?

What you advertise is your own ignorance, insanity and insecurity as well as disengenuous, treasonous and downright libellous rhetoric.

There is no conversation, you ass! I told you before I would be there everytime you opened your pie hole that I would be there to make sure folks know what a piece of human trash you are.... get used to it or get gone.

Psychoblues
02-25-2007, 03:54 PM
I quoted and shared a genuine piece of literature and you call me ignorant with no comment on the article itself? You are still about the biggest piece of unearned airspace as I have ever witnessed.

Thanks for the humor; you are still a lying piece of crap. Did you think coming to this board would change anything?

What you advertise is your own ignorance, insanity and insecurity as well as disengenuous, treasonous and downright libellous rhetoric.

There is no conversation, you ass! I told you before I would be there everytime you opened your pie hole that I would be there to make sure folks know what a piece of human trash you are.... get used to it or get gone.

I ain't gone yet, little tiny csm with little to show and even less to tell.

Gunny
02-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I quoted and shared a genuine piece of literature and you call me ignorant with no comment on the article itself? You are still about the biggest piece of unearned airspace as I have ever witnessed.

Actually, that is about the most perfect description of YOU I think i've seen.

Oh, DO stay. You make the liberal cause appear so intellectually appealing.:rolleyes:

manu1959
02-25-2007, 08:35 PM

Psychoblues

:lol:

.......what is the sanity of someone that pats themselves on the back in the third person.............

Psychoblues
02-26-2007, 02:52 AM
'Tis the Psychoblues. Who else? Have you changed your drawers or are you still wearing the shit that you gave up when reading the original post. Get a bath, manu1959, and get back when you don't smell so bad.

.......what is the sanity of someone that pats themselves on the back in the third person.............

Patting myself on the back? I was describing Psychoblues, you idiot. Do you think my mother gave me that name?

stephanie
02-26-2007, 03:05 AM

:laugh2:

Dual personality??

CSM
02-26-2007, 06:54 AM
'Tis the Psychoblues. Who else? Have you changed your drawers or are you still wearing the shit that you gave up when reading the original post. Get a bath, manu1959, and get back when you don't smell so bad.

Patting myself on the back? I was describing Psychoblues, you idiot. Do you think my mother gave me that name?

I think your fellow mental patients gave you that name.

How many posters on this board do you think you can insult before they all put you on ignore?

I have never quite seen such a social misfit. You ca't even fit into a virtual world, never mind the real one!

CSM
02-26-2007, 06:56 AM

Did that make you feel "bigger"? Trust me, you are by far the biggest blowhard I have ever read. The only reason I don't have you on ignore yet is so that I can make sure newcomers to this board know how big a liar and fraud you really are.

Psychoblues
02-28-2007, 10:01 PM
You think so? Why so? Prove your accusations and prove once and for all that I am a liar and a fraud, you chickenshit. Several others have tried but none of it ever made any sense to me or any other thinking person.

Did that make you feel "bigger"? Trust me, you are by far the biggest blowhard I have ever read. The only reason I don't have you on ignore yet is so that I can make sure newcomers to this board know how big a liar and fraud you really are.

From now on just call me Chief Master Sergeant Psycyoblues, csm.

manu1959
02-28-2007, 10:05 PM
You think so? Why so? Prove your accusations and prove once and for all that I am a liar and a fraud, you chickenshit. Several others have tried but none of it ever made any sense to me or any other thinking person. From now on just call me Chief Master Sergeant Psycyoblues, csm.

proving you are a liar, a fraud and a chickenshit is not required....

i only have to get everyone to agree with me that you are a liar, a fraud and a chickenshit .....

so far your version of reality is in question...

Gunny
02-28-2007, 10:11 PM
You think so? Why so? Prove your accusations and prove once and for all that I am a liar and a fraud, you chickenshit. Several others have tried but none of it ever made any sense to me or any other thinking person.

In a pig's eye. My father is a retired Chief, and I'll thank you not to denigrate the position.

CSM
03-01-2007, 06:43 AM

Not in this lifetime...asshat!

Psychoblues
03-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Admit it, openly, csm, that you are in fact the liar, the asshat and the fraud that you acuse me of being. I invited you to prove your allegations and you answer with repetition without any sign or sense of proof.

Not in this lifetime...asshat!

Get it on or get the hell out of this conversation, csm.

CSM
03-04-2007, 09:15 PM

Get it on or get the hell out of this conversation, csm.

No.

The only thing I will admit is that it gives me great pleasre to neg rep you every chance I get.

Psychoblues
03-04-2007, 10:42 PM
You were wrong then, in USMB, and you insist on being wrong now.

No.

The only thing I will admit is that it gives me great pleasre to neg rep you every chance I get.

You must be very proud of your lying and otherwise dispicable ass.