PDA

View Full Version : What happens if Thompson's out?

01-19-2008, 07:47 PM
And what if he endorses McCain? (I dont know why he would since they have some very different positions).

Will Thompson supporters go to McCain or choose someone else?

manu1959
01-19-2008, 07:54 PM
And what if he endorses McCain? (I dont know why he would since they have some very different positions).

well here he is....we are about to find out....

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 07:58 PM

It's sounding a whole like a "I'm done" speech...

01-19-2008, 07:59 PM

im watching it... it almost sounds like he is dropping out but i dont think it is. but it does sound like it.

REDWHITEBLUE2
01-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Will Thompson supporters go to McCain or choose someone else?Since Thompson is very conservative and McLame is liberal I would think they would switch over to Romney

Pale Rider
01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Nope.... looks like he's going to fight on.

MtnBiker
01-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't see Fred endorsing McCain, Romney is a more likely choice.

manu1959
01-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Nope.... looks like he's going to fight on.

i didn't hear him say anything either way other than thanking his supporters....

No1tovote4
01-19-2008, 08:21 PM

I'm pretty sure they'd head for Romney rather than McCain. Most of them see "McCain-Kennedy" and just won't vote for that....

01-19-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure they'd head for Romney rather than McCain. Most of them see "McCain-Kennedy" and just won't vote for that....

i think so too. but i see alot of people on other message boards saying that Thompson would endorse McCain. I just dont see it. very confusing.

theHawk
01-20-2008, 12:07 AM
I think he'll endorse McCain when he drops out. Although McCain has been pretty liberal, he is much more trustworthy as a Commander-in-Chief than the other two yahoos.

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 12:52 AM
I think he'll endorse McCain when he drops out. Although McCain has been pretty liberal, he is much more trustworthy as a Commander-in-Chief than the other two yahoos.

Not a chance. If and when Thompson drops out, I can assure you, he'll endorse Romney. Ole Fred knows McLame is a liberal, as does anyone that's done any reading about the man.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59706

http://www.gunowners.org/mcdisguise.htm

http://www.intellectualconservative.com/2002/03/13/how-liberal-is-john-mccain/

http://www.slate.com/id/2139775/

nevadamedic
01-20-2008, 02:20 AM

When he drops out, which will be soon he will endorse Senator John McCain.

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 02:31 AM
When ol' flip flopper Romney gets the nomination I will dance on Beale Street!!!!!!!! The Democrats will win more congressional seats and the Presidency so fast it will make your head spin!!!!!!!!! Wut's that? Your head is already spinning? The delusions of 2000 will come home to roost!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!! Help us to finally overcome the unfair and unjustified influence of the Military/Industrial complex (even though most of our uniforms and equipment are now made overseas) and the American people can truly relish in the promises of America. Fascism will finally be defeated!!!!!!!!!

01-20-2008, 03:02 AM

You've been one of the main proponents of that rumor. I see no reason for him to do so.

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 03:13 AM
Thompson will be more likely to endorse Hillary Clinton than John McCain. Fundamentally, Hillary is more in line with his thinking process.

stephanie
01-20-2008, 03:25 AM
If Thompson should drop out...
Then you can kiss conservatism goodbye...all that will be left will be Rinos, which is just a notch above being a Democrat...

I am so disgusted with the Republicans running besides Hunter and Thompson..

That if they both drop out....I might not even vote...Let the Democrats have it...Fuck it..

God Bless what used to be the United States....:cheers2:

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 05:01 AM
Thank you, staphy, thank you very much. You represent the very attitude that the RINO's and other anti Americans desire. Your self segregation from the American political circus is exactly what the PNAC'ers and Tri-Laterals predicted and appreciate.

On a kinder note, staphy, I'd appreciate your input and your vote whatever they might be. But, I'm a Democrat but more importantly I'm an American.

Do you realize what a RINO typically represents? Even as a Democrat I'll take a well reasoned and committed Republican anyday over a RINO. BTW, John McCain is no damned RINO. John McCain represents everything that Dwight D. Eisenhower represented and I consider Ike to be the last true Republican elected in the last half century. BTW, Ike thought tricky dicky to be a tricky dicky long before the rest of the country gave him that same consideration. Read up on it. It's fascinating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
01-20-2008, 05:09 AM
Thank you, staphy, thank you very much. You represent the very attitude that the Rhino's and other anti Americans desire. Your self segregation from the American political circus is exactly what the Pankers and Trilaterals predicted and appreciate.

On a kinder note, staphy, I'd appreciate your input and your vote whatever they might be. But, I'm a Democrat but more importantly I'm an American.

Do you realize what a RINO typically represents? Even as a Democrat I'll take a well reasoned and committed Republican anyday over a RINO. BTW, John McCain is no damned RINO. John McCain represents everything that Dwight D. Eisenhower represented and I consider Ike to be the last true Republican elected in the last half century. BTW, Ike thought tricky Dicky to be a tricky Dicky long before the rest of the country gave him that same consideration. Read up on it. It's fascinating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate your blathering as long as it is given to someone else, thank you..
I've lived long enough on this earth to see what is happening..

You talk and put down Republicans...yet I don't hear a word from you about your Democrat President who WAS IMPEACHED....go figure..

:cheers2:

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 05:15 AM

Sure he will, right after our sun explodes.

If he endorses anyone at all, it'll be Romney. He's already said as much.

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 05:16 AM
Do you realize what a RINO typically represents?

Just take a look at what McLame represents, and you have a prime example of your RINO.

Psychoblues
01-20-2008, 05:17 AM
You've certainly lived long enough to edit your own words , mine and others to suit your own purposes, staphy. For an example, just when did I ever say Rhino? It's in your quote that you quoted of mine but I never said it. How many more inconsistensies, misquotes and misrepresentations do you have up your sleazy sleeve? I and others have noticed you doing this for quite some time. You change names, words and sometimes meaning. Why can't you just be honest? It would really be easier on you.

stephanie
01-20-2008, 05:28 AM
You've certainly lived long enough to edit your own words , mine and others to suit your own purposes, staphy. For an example, just when did I ever say Rhino? It's in your quote that you quoted of mine but I never said it. How many more inconsistensies, misquotes and misrepresentations do you have up your sleazy sleeve? I and others have noticed you doing this for quite some time. You change names, words and sometimes meaning. Why can't you just be honest? It would really be easier on you.

You should look in a mirror..my dear friend...:cheers2:

PostmodernProphet
01-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Hillary is more in line with his thinking process.

??....only if you count "targeting" as part of the thinking process.......

red states rule
01-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Only Fred knows who he will support.

The kooks over at PMSNBC did not like Fred's speech last night. More from the liberal media

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqiMGhqyh88

nevadamedic
01-20-2008, 01:14 PM
You've been one of the main proponents of that rumor. I see no reason for him to do so.

Here's one statement right here from Fred Thompson's own website(Not Copyrighted). He doesn't like Romney or Hucklebee at all and talked about his friendship with Senator John McCain. He did say that Senator McCain is to soft on immigration but that's it. He didn't Slam Senator John McCain like he did Romney and Hucklebee. This is definatly a clue to what he will do. Also there is an article saying if he didn't win South Carolina that he would probably drop out.

"Fred Thompson accused Mitt Romney of pandering. He called Mike Huckabee a flip-flopper. And just for good measure, he called his friend John McCain soft on immigration.

In the course of five minutes Wednesday, Thompson laid out his campaign strategy for the days leading up to the South Carolina Republican presidential primary. If he doesn't do well Saturday, he could quit the race.

Thompson said Romney, a Michigan native and former Massachusetts governor, tailors his message to whatever state he is in. Romney promised Michigan voters a massive federal bailout of the state's economy, something Thompson said would be wrong for a Republican. That's "a very conservative message, right?" he asked sarcastically.

Huckabee took even more fire.

"Governor Huckabee is very articulate and very witty, but he does not like to answer questions about his record," Thompson said to a crowd of about 100 at an Abbeville restaurant. He said Huckabee opposed legislation while governor that would have required a voter identification card in Arkansas and favored providing in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. Huckabee has responded by saying that while he has run a state, Thompson has never actually accomplished anything politically, only voting on issues while in the U.S. Senate.

The newly aggressive Thompson is drawing praise.

"I really like he's calling out Mike Huckabee," said Terri Brubaker, 50, a software engineer who watched Thompson from the back of the restaurant. "Fred Thompson is honest and forthright."

Thompson told the crowd that McCain, who the former Tennessee senator called a personal friend, is "wrong on immigration.""

Kathianne
01-20-2008, 01:16 PM

and it was the McCain camp that said he was going to drop out earlier, making him keep denying it. Some friend. If Fred is smart, he'll back Romney, if he has to drop out, which I hope isn't before 2/5.

NATO AIR
01-20-2008, 02:00 PM
and it was the McCain camp that said he was going to drop out earlier, making him keep denying it. Some friend. If Fred is smart, he'll back Romney, if he has to drop out, which I hope isn't before 2/5.

Actually I'd heard that rumor was traced back to Romney's camp.. Hell I'd heard that on Fox News :-)!

I think he'll back McCain and would be either McCain's VP or his AG.

He deliberately campaigned against Huckabee in the evangelical wing of NW SC when he could have possibly gotten even more votes from McCain country along the coast.

Kathianne
01-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Actually I'd heard that rumor was traced back to Romney's camp.. Hell I'd heard that on Fox News :-)!

I think he'll back McCain and would be either McCain's VP or his AG.

He deliberately campaigned against Huckabee in the evangelical wing of NW SC when he could have possibly gotten even more votes from McCain country along the coast.

No doubt he hates Huckabee, but who doesn't? ;) I don't think I can vote for McCain, but against Hill or Obama? Who knows?

NATO AIR
01-20-2008, 03:07 PM
No doubt he hates Huckabee, but who doesn't? ;) I don't think I can vote for McCain, but against Hill or Obama? Who knows?

I'll vote for anybody over Hillary.

I'd vote for Obama over anybody but McCain.

A Republican Congress could control Obama quite well. A Democratic Congress with John McCain or Mitt Romney would only force McCain or Romney to the center in order to combine centrist Dems and Republicans on issues like Social Security, healthcare and immigration.

I don't ever want one party to be in control of both the White House and the Congress. I think the days of principled and independent Congress leadership are over. With better leadership the Republican Congress could have restrained Clinton quite well. As it was, we got welfare reform and a balanced budget, which wasn't that bad.

NATO AIR
01-20-2008, 03:09 PM

A Republican Congress could control Obama quite well. A Democratic Congress with John McCain or Mitt Romney would only force McCain or Romney to the center in order to combine centrist Dems and Republicans on issues like Social Security, healthcare and immigration.

I don't ever want one party to be in control of both the White House and the Congress. I think the days of principled and independent Congress leadership are over. With better leadership the Republican Congress could have restrained Clinton quite well. As it was, we got welfare reform and a balanced budget, which wasn't that bad.

Actually, I'd give Romney serious thought over Obama if he would just tell the damn truth about his positions (ala what Powerline told him to do this week). If he continues to flip-flop I wouldn't be happy with him because it would only doom his general candidacy, unless it was Hillary.

If its HRC and Romney though, I really think Bloomberg will come in and hurt the Dems bad. She's lost the black vote probably for good, and her negatives are already sky-high with men and independents. She's destroying the party for the sake of power, which is nothing new with the Clintons.

Kathianne
01-20-2008, 03:13 PM

I told you more than a year ago, Obama isn't the great, young hope. He was ineffective at the state level, he managed to get into the Senate and has been running for president ever since. Charismatic? Yes. Good looking? Undoubtedly. So what qualifies him?

NATO AIR
01-20-2008, 03:37 PM
I told you more than a year ago, Obama isn't the great, young hope. He was ineffective at the state level, he managed to get into the Senate and has been running for president ever since. Charismatic? Yes. Good looking? Undoubtedly. So what qualifies him?

How was he ineffective? His legislative record in the state seemed pretty solid to me for a state legislator looking at a higher perch? I'd argue he has far more experience than Hillary given that she's only been a US senator for 4 years longer than him but with no prior political leadership experience.

Edwards? Eh....

For that matter though, what qualifies any of these folks except McCain?

The Democrats have no good experience. Romney, Rudy, hardly any. Most of what Rudy did was not him, it was his people, who he later chased out as soon as they started getting headlines he didn't. He's covered in sleaze regardless.

I'd give Huckabee much, much more on the experience level than the other two because he had to make do in the aftermath of the Clintons in one of the worst states in the country. He by and large did what had to be done on a practical level to try to bring the state back into the Union infrastructure, education and financially.

Romney's spent tens of millions of dollars and has hardly anything to show for it. As governor of Mass. he didn't accomplish much. I'll give him his success as a venture capitalist but that's something a few hundred thousand Americans have also done successfully in the past three decades. I don't see them running and that's all he's got really. Everything else is lies and half-truths. There's more YouTube on that guy of him loving the gays, loving the illegals, professing dire ignorance of international affairs, etc. than can be discussed reasonably here. I don't mind him for these views (well, the illegals I have a real problem with) but he's been lying his butt off for the last 2 years now about this.

I like McCain. He's the only credible candidate who can bring together enough veterans, conservatives, evangelicals and independents to get something done. Sure he's made his mistakes but the man has the appeal and the ability to build a lasting coalition for America over the next eight years based on results.

Hell, I don't mind him on taxes, Bush has spent us into oblivion with little to show for it. We have so much in this country to pay for right now (Infrastructure, rebuilding the Army, securing our borders, securing our ports, regaining our R&D edge over China, transitioning into a "green" economy (and not to forestall global warming but to be more efficient and save money etc.) that we need to start getting into a "we get what we pay for" mentality. That means holding the government responsible for what it spends money on, like Tom Coburn and Obama have done with the website set up to show you in real-time what the government is spending and on what. Like the bloggers who expose the pork spending of the DEMS and the GOP.

We've won the courts. If McCain gets into office he'll put good judges to make sure we don't lose them. We'll deal with abortion, with prayer in schools and especially with the multicultural assault on this country from the liberals. He's been doing that for years now.

We're prepared to toss him overboard because he's' a bit too keen on compromise? That's bullshit, especially considering how crappy our record as conservatives in power has been the last 7 years. The only thing we have gotten accomplished is getting OUR judges. Thank God for that, there's not much else in the trophy case. We'll be lucky if we don't lose more seats in the Congress. We need to wake up and realize the only way to beat the Dems is to do what we've done this year in Congress. Pick them off, one by one, on various issues. We've got the votes, they don't. Their liberal agenda cannot get by us, because there's too many centrist Democrats who we can compromise with and win over to our side whether you're talking spending bills or immigration.

Kathianne
01-20-2008, 03:46 PM
How was he ineffective? His legislative record in the state seemed pretty solid to me for a state legislator looking at a higher perch? I'd argue he has far more experience than Hillary given that she's only been a US senator for 4 years longer than him but with no prior political leadership experience. By that you mean he didn't really sponsor any legislation? There wasn't anything to look at from what he did. Rezko may still lead somewhere, otherwise there's still no there, there.

Edwards? Eh....

For that matter though, what qualifies any of these folks except McCain?

The Democrats have no good experience. Romney, Rudy, hardly any. Most of what Rudy did was not him, it was his people, who he later chased out as soon as they started getting headlines he didn't. He's covered in sleaze regardless.

I'd give Huckabee much, much more on the experience level than the other two because he had to make do in the aftermath of the Clintons in one of the worst states in the country. He by and large did what had to be done on a practical level to try to bring the state back into the Union infrastructure, education and financially.

Romney's spent tens of millions of dollars and has hardly anything to show for it. As governor of Mass. he didn't accomplish much. I'll give him his success as a venture capitalist but that's something a few hundred thousand Americans have also done successfully in the past three decades. I don't see them running and that's all he's got really. Everything else is lies and half-truths. There's more YouTube on that guy of him loving the gays, loving the illegals, professing dire ignorance of international affairs, etc. than can be discussed reasonably here. I don't mind him for these views (well, the illegals I have a real problem with) but he's been lying his butt off for the last 2 years now about this.

I like McCain. He's the only credible candidate who can bring together enough veterans, conservatives, evangelicals and independents to get something done. Sure he's made his mistakes but the man has the appeal and the ability to build a lasting coalition for America over the next eight years based on results.

Hell, I don't mind him on taxes, Bush has spent us into oblivion with little to show for it. We have so much in this country to pay for right now (Infrastructure, rebuilding the Army, securing our borders, securing our ports, regaining our R&D edge over China, transitioning into a "green" economy (and not to forestall global warming but to be more efficient and save money etc.) that we need to start getting into a "we get what we pay for" mentality. That means holding the government responsible for what it spends money on, like Tom Coburn and Obama have done with the website set up to show you in real-time what the government is spending and on what. Like the bloggers who expose the pork spending of the DEMS and the GOP.

We've won the courts. If McCain gets into office he'll put good judges to make sure we don't lose them. We'll deal with abortion, with prayer in schools and especially with the multicultural assault on this country from the liberals. He's been doing that for years now.

We're prepared to toss him overboard because he's' a bit too keen on compromise? That's bullshit, especially considering how crappy our record as conservatives in power has been the last 7 years. The only thing we have gotten accomplished is getting OUR judges. Thank God for that, there's not much else in the trophy case. We'll be lucky if we don't lose more seats in the Congress. We need to wake up and realize the only way to beat the Dems is to do what we've done this year in Congress. Pick them off, one by one, on various issues. We've got the votes, they don't. Their liberal agenda cannot get by us, because there's too many centrist Democrats who we can compromise with and win over to our side whether you're talking spending bills or immigration.

I'm waiting for the motor club to come jump my son's car so I can get mine out of the garage, so I got to keep this short. Later, he's here.

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 04:11 PM

What are you talking about? "Force McLame to the center?" The sons a bitch is already a liberal. He doesn't need any forcing to team up liberals. He's been doing it for decades.

And another thing, it doesn't matter if Fred drops out and endorses McLame or not, McLame's victory in S.C. was a flash in the pan. Now he has to move on to the rest of the country, where like in Nevada, even RON PAUL kicked his ass. He is NOT going to be President. Things are going to head straight into the toilet for this liberal, and fast. True conservatives that have done a modicum of reading on McLame have a MASSIVE problem with his liberal agenda, and WILL NOT vote for him. That's why the liberal MSM is pushing him so hard. They know he can't win, and ensures a liberal in the White House.

There's plenty of excellent reading about just how liberal McLame is right here in this section of the board. I'd suggest you read it... unless of course that's WHY you like him, because you're a liberal too. In that case, carry on. He's your man.

manu1959
01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
What are you talking about? "Force McLame to the center?" The sons a bitch is already a liberal. He doesn't need any forcing to team up liberals. He's been doing it for decades.

And another thing, it doesn't matter if Fred drops out and endorses McLame or not, McLame's victory in S.C. was a flash in the pan. Now he has to move on to the rest of the country, where like in Nevada, even RON PAUL kicked his ass. He is NOT going to be President. Things are going to head straight into the toilet for this liberal, and fast.

how is a a pro choice, hawkish, cut spending, cut taxes, no more pork candidate a liberal.....

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 04:23 PM
By that you mean he didn't really sponsor any legislation? There wasn't anything to look at from what he did. Rezko may still lead somewhere, otherwise there's still no there, there.

I'm waiting for the motor club to come jump my son's car so I can get mine out of the garage, so I got to keep this short. Later, he's here.

That statement HAD to have been written by a liberal, because it's the biggest load of crap I've read to date. The truth of the matter is, McLame is the liberal that more conservatives despise than all the rest put together. He'll cost us the White House if he somehow gets the nod. He is NOT electable on the Republican ticket. He's just too big of a liberal.

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 04:25 PM
how is a a pro choice, hawkish, cut spending, cut taxes, no more pork candidate a liberal.....

Well bro, without being too critical of that question, I'd suggest you start reading some of the MANY articles posted in this section about just that, so as to save me the time of reposting it all.

Start here,

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=11005

Then there's this,

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=11005

And then this,

http://debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=189212&postcount=15

I mean... how much of this do you want? It's seemingly endless.

manu1959
01-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Well bro, without being too critical of that question, I'd suggest you start reading some of the MANY articles posted in this section about just that, so as to save me the time of reposting it all.

i have....i am asking you....in your own words.....

tell me .... how is a pro choice, hawkish, cut spending, cut taxes, no more pork candidate a liberal.....

and to that i will add since you are anti illegal alien.....which state is mccain from and which is the only state shuting down the border effectively....

i would say he is like 8 out of 10......all you all seem to hate him simply cuz he cut deals across part lines......

me i already voted for thompson......but i am just curious why the right hates him so much.....

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 04:36 PM
i have....i am asking you....in your own words.....

tell me .... how is a pro choice, hawkish, cut spending, cut taxes, no more pork candidate a liberal.....

and to that i will add since you are anti illegal alien.....which state is mccain from and which is the only state shuting down the border effectively....

i would say he is like 8 out of 10......all you all seem to hate him simply cuz he cut deals across part lines......

me i already voted for thompson......but i am just curious why the right hates him so much.....

He's was pro amnesty, and he still is pro amnesty. That IS the main reason I hate the fucker as I do. But if you keep reading about this guy, you find out there's a lot more about him than just that to give reason for a conservative not to like him. Now there's three pages of me going on about "why I don't like him." You want me to have to repeat every word just so you don't have to read back through it? Please. Read the thread and check out the links I posted. It should answer your question.

manu1959
01-20-2008, 04:39 PM
He's was pro amnesty, and he still is pro amnesty. That IS the main reason I hate the fucker as I do. But if you keep reading about this guy, you find out there's a lot more about him than just that to give reason for a conservative not to like him. No there's three pages of me going on about "why I don't like him." You want me to have to repeat every word just so you don't have to read back through it? Please. Read the thread.

dude don't jump my shit i was just asking your opinion.....

btw...amnesty is not citizenship.....amnesty is creating worker visas and thus taxes on the labour.....

but fuck me for trying to have conversation.....

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 04:42 PM
dude don't jump my shit i was just asking your opinion.....

btw...amnesty is not citizenship.....amnesty is creating worker visas and thus taxes on the labour.....

but fuck me for trying to have conversation.....

Sorry... it just appeared you hopped into a three page long thread and hadn't read a word of it, and then expected me to rehash the entire thread for your convenience.

And I didn't swear at you or call you any names. I wasn't "jumping your shit." You're the one getting pissy here.

I just think people should read the thread. Many of their questions my have already been answered prior to their post. That's all.

Sorry.

But just for the record, any plan put forth that allows twenty million illegal aliens to "remain in America forever" is "amnesty." It doesn't make a wit of difference what their rights are, they get to stay, and that's amnesty. Thank God ALL of the Republican candidates BUT McLame have stated "amnesty is not the answer."

Pale Rider
01-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Duncan Hunter for one down in San Diego, but the list is growing bigger every day, no thanks to McCain.

http://oneoldvet.com/?p=4509

He sold out his party is what he did, and that's a big reason Republicans took such a beating in the elections a couple years ago. Conservatives are sick and tired of Republican officials acting more like liberals, and McCain leads the pack in that respect. McCain/Kennedy-Amnesty, McCain/Feingold-Limiting Free Speech, McCains even voted against legal gun ownership - http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=10792

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=10826

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=10827

NATO AIR
01-20-2008, 09:08 PM
First of all Pale Rider....

I am absolutely against the illegal immigration of millions of Mexicans (especially) to this country. I think it should become a felony crime to illegally enter the country and the same illegals who are caught crossing should be the ones building a massive border fence across the entire US-Mexican border. I think amnesty persay is wrong, though I am realistic to admit that absent some horrible terror attack, Americans are not going to support the forced deportation of millions of people from this country. You can claim they will, but I'm going to ask you for the polls, for the grassroots support, and it just ain't there. What exists nationwide is strong support for state laws (like that awesome Oklahoma 1804 law) that make it darn near impossible for illegals to live and work in the state.

However, look at all your GOP candidates. None of them have clean records, especially on immigration. Rudy operated a sanctuary city, Romney a sanctuary state (and just late last year was caught employing illegals as his grounds crew at his home). Fred Thompson has no hopes of winning. Ditto for Ron Paul. Huckabee? He ignored the problem in Arkansas. Who's left? Duncan Hunter? No hope. Tom Tancredo? No hope. Who? What candidate?

Are you going to go for Rudy or Romney, who I promise you are far more liberal than McCain could ever be? Who else? Huckabee?

Gimme a break here. I'm not a liberal, I'm a conservative being realistic about the fact that besides getting judges on the Court, we haven't done jack as conservatives in power for the past 6 years. We wasted ungodly amounts of money on pork, screwed up a war (that by the way, McCain was calling right the entire time, asking for a "surge" more than 3 years ago) that has cost hundreds of billions of dollars and done jack about serious security for this country, serious border control and serious infrastructure reform (from Social Security to R&D to bridges).

Gimme a break. What do you want? Hillary in office because you'll refuse to vote for one of the few candidates that can beat her?

You're seeing the trees and missing the forest. McCain can co-opt many of the centrist Dems into the GOP legislative agenda. He's not perfect, but he can do it far better than anyone else running on the GOP side right now.

And I promise you, federal government or no federal government, the states are getting pissed about illegals and doing something about it. If Uncle Sam won't do it, then Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, Wyoming, Alabama, South Carolina, etc. will. And they're already doing it. Someone pointed out Arizona is doing it well.

A last note; if immigration is so important, why didn't it hurt McCain in SC, a state (like NC, where I'm living and on the unemployment line right now) where illegals have taken over many service and manual labor jobs, and people are rightfully pissed (as I hear every week when I go to the unemployment office for job leads). Yet they didn't vote against McCain or Huckabee (nearly 66% of the vote in the state) despise their supposedly soft records on immigration.

I agree, illegal immigration is a travesty. But you're misrepresenting a massive movement of people that doesn't exist. Americans aren't voting against soft candidates on immigration. They're voting on economic, security and social issues. And again, no conclusive state poll has yet shown a GOP candidate being significantly hurt in his performance by this issue.

nevadamedic
01-20-2008, 11:59 PM

Don't forget that he is not afraid to use the military or scared to goto war.

No1tovote4
01-21-2008, 12:01 AM

Now that I doubt immensely. I would say he'd be more likely to endorse Romney as he is more conservative. Romney also adopted almost every point in Tancredo's border policy.

nevadamedic
01-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Now that I doubt immensely. I would say he'd be more likely to endorse Romney as he is more conservative. Romney also adopted almost every point in Tancredo's border policy.

Multiple Choice Mitt's history on Illegal Immigration is worse then McCain's by far and not to mention Multiple Choice Mitt was a member of the Liberal Wing of the Independant Party for years and was an outspoken critic of President Ronald Reagan for years up until he decided to run for President and proclaim himself as another Ronald Reagan . The guy is a liar, hipocrite and a fraud.

GW in Ohio
01-21-2008, 02:25 PM

What happens if Thompson's out?

He can go back to taking his 2-hour afternoon naps.

What's that? He takes them now?

If Thompson's out then there'll be less hot air at campaign stops.

01-21-2008, 02:28 PM
What happens if Thompson's out?

He can go back to taking his 2-hour afternoon naps.

What's that? He takes them now?

If Thompson's out then there'll be less hot air at campaign stops.

who is your avatar of?

Pale Rider
01-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Americans are not going to support the forced deportation of millions of people from this country. You can claim they will, but I'm going to ask you for the polls, for the grassroots support, and it just ain't there.
As much as I'd like to see every last one of the illegal aliens deported, and so does the majority, how is an issue, and no, I'll admit, rounding them all up doesn't have the support needed. However, deportation through attrition does, and that is what I think we should do.

You're seeing the trees and missing the forest. McCain can co-opt many of the centrist Dems into the GOP legislative agenda. He's not perfect, but he can do it far better than anyone else running on the GOP side right now.
Well, that's your opinion, and I happen to disagree with it. I don't believe McCain represents true conservative values at all. In fact I know he doesn't. And "co-opting with the democrats" isn't what he'd do, more like he'd sell out conservative values to the liberals, just like he's done in the past. The man is a RINO, and it'll be cold day in hell I'd ever vote for him. So stop looking at the trees and start looking at the facts.

And I promise you, federal government or no federal government, the states are getting pissed about illegals and doing something about it. If Uncle Sam won't do it, then Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, Wyoming, Alabama, South Carolina, etc. will. And they're already doing it. Someone pointed out Arizona is doing it well.
This is true. There's four or five states now that have passed real tough laws pertaining to illegal aliens, and the scum that employs them.

A last note; if immigration is so important, why didn't it hurt McCain in SC, a state (like NC, where I'm living and on the unemployment line right now) where illegals have taken over many service and manual labor jobs, and people are rightfully pissed (as I hear every week when I go to the unemployment office for job leads). Yet they didn't vote against McCain or Huckabee (nearly 66% of the vote in the state) despise their supposedly soft records on immigration.
S.C. was McLame's flash in the pan. Now he has to move on to the rest of the country, and I can guarantee you, he does NOT enjoy that kind of support else where. Hell, he's getting his ass kicked here in Nevada by RON PAUL!

I agree, illegal immigration is a travesty. But you're misrepresenting a massive movement of people that doesn't exist. Americans aren't voting against soft candidates on immigration.
OH YES THEY ARE! It's consistently the second most important issue voters are voting on.

They're voting on economic, security and social issues. And again, no conclusive state poll has yet shown a GOP candidate being significantly hurt in his performance by this issue.
Bologna. McCain is soon to be falling by the way side, and it will be chiefly due to his recent support for the latest massive amnesty bill. Lots of people haven't forgotten that, and the core conservatives of the Republican party wouldn't vote for mccain if you paid them.

NATO AIR
01-21-2008, 07:44 PM
OH YES THEY ARE! It's consistently the second most important issue voters are voting on.

Bologna. McCain is soon to be falling by the way side, and it will be chiefly due to his recent support for the latest massive amnesty bill. Lots of people haven't forgotten that, and the core conservatives of the Republican party wouldn't vote for mccain if you paid them.

Show me where its hurt McCain in South Carolina or right now in polls elsewhere.

I honestly thought it would be a bigger deal. Honestly, I wanted it to be a bigger deal. Bush has dropped the ball on this so badly..... but it hasn't. I honest to God wonder if some people are organizing so well on a grassroots level in their towns, counties and states to pressure the locals to pass stringent laws that they may be taking some of the steam out of the movement on a national basis. In other words, people are taking care of this themselves so its not being as big an issue nationally because now they're worrying about the economy and the war.

Who do you support? None of the GOP folks except Paul & Thompson have strong anti-illegal immigration backgrounds. Hell, Romney had illegals working in his yard just a few months ago. And Rudy left behind a cesspool of illegals in NYC that he declined to even get involved with.

01-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Show me where its hurt McCain in South Carolina or right now in polls elsewhere.

I honestly thought it would be a bigger deal. Honestly, I wanted it to be a bigger deal. Bush has dropped the ball on this so badly..... but it hasn't. I honest to God wonder if some people are organizing so well on a grassroots level in their towns, counties and states to pressure the locals to pass stringent laws that they may be taking some of the steam out of the movement on a national basis. In other words, people are taking care of this themselves so its not being as big an issue nationally because now they're worrying about the economy and the war.

Who do you support? None of the GOP folks except Paul & Thompson have strong anti-illegal immigration backgrounds. Hell, Romney had illegals working in his yard just a few months ago. And Rudy left behind a cesspool of illegals in NYC that he declined to even get involved with.

I am sick and tired of this bullcrap about Romney. He didnt hire illegals. He hired a contracter. They hired illegals. Romney found out. He told them to stop it or he would fire them. They continued it and he fired them.

What exactly did you propose he do? Assume every hispanic he runs into is illegal then question them in the third degree? I don't know about anyone else. But when I run into hispanics, i don't assume they are illegal. If i see a company hiring hispanic workers, I am going to assume they are hiring them legally.

If Romney had done anything other than what he did, he would have been attacked for being a racist. This has nothing to do with Romney's position and record on Immigration and everything to do with people who dont like Romney finding a scenario where no matter what Romney does they can try to make him look bad. It's empty rhetoric from people who can't seem to find any legitimate criticism of Romney.

NATO AIR
01-21-2008, 09:52 PM
I am sick and tired of this bullcrap about Romney. He didnt hire illegals. He hired a contracter. They hired illegals. Romney found out. He told them to stop it or he would fire them. They continued it and he fired them.

What exactly did you propose he do? Assume every hispanic he runs into is illegal then question them in the third degree? I don't know about anyone else. But when I run into hispanics, i don't assume they are illegal. If i see a company hiring hispanic workers, I am going to assume they are hiring them legally.

If Romney had done anything other than what he did, he would have been attacked for being a racist. This has nothing to do with Romney's position and record on Immigration and everything to do with people who dont like Romney finding a scenario where no matter what Romney does they can try to make him look bad. It's empty rhetoric from people who can't seem to find any legitimate criticism of Romney.

What was his record on immigration in MA?

I don't believe that crap about a contractor hiring illegals and him not knowing until it was too late. If that had been 2006, sure. But you're kidding me if you think Romney was that stupid to knowingly leave himself open to that kind of ridicule. It suggests either a sense of untouchability or sheer daftness. Campaigns have been lost for less.

The reporters walked up to them and just asked. No investigation required. After all, the MA media have been putting up with his lies and half-truths for years, they know the drill.

nevadamedic
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
What was his record on immigration in MA?

I don't believe that crap about a contractor hiring illegals and him not knowing until it was too late. If that had been 2006, sure. But you're kidding me if you think Romney was that stupid to knowingly leave himself open to that kind of ridicule. It suggests either a sense of untouchability or sheer daftness. Campaigns have been lost for less.

The reporters walked up to them and just asked. No investigation required. After all, the MA media have been putting up with his lies and half-truths for years, they know the drill.

His past is finally catching up to him and the truth hurts.

manu1959
01-22-2008, 02:29 PM
just heard on the radio that thompson is out..........