PDA

View Full Version : People of Color

Classact
01-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Who do you think started the demographic people of color? Was it a black person, a Chinese, Spanish, white or what? Why not just say Non-White people?

To use the term people of color requires to think in terms of a struggle between all non-white and white people.

Is it the opinion of people of color they are equal to or superior to white people or do white people consider themselves superior to people of color?

What is the struggle, are white people holding down people of color or are people of color just not ready for prime-time?

Social anthropologist have theories of cultures based on belief of gods as the definitive between cultures... like steps, belief in spirits, belief in multiple gods to belief in one god. In this theory any member on a higher step can consider themselves superior to the people below them. Another theory is based on availability of food and the ability to establish a culture that respects property and society expected norms resulting in peace among the people. Both theories require peace and abundant food for the culture to be superior, because the culture will only use intelligence towards progress when relieved from the daily need for the basics of life.

Are people of color equal to white people in their culture's progress? Is this the struggle? Do white people consider themselves superior to other cultures and races? Do people of color consider themselves equal to white people's evolution even if they still believe in spirits?

Hugh Lincoln
01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Evolutionary theorists in several fields (biology, psychology, etc.) tell us that races are like extended families. They are defined as human subspecies that have bred in geographic isolation over very long periods of time in order to adapt to particular climates. This is why you have whites, blacks, Asians, etc. The different rates of evolution mean for varying levels of ability and intelligence, BUT ALSO, and this is important, make for intra-loyalty within the racial groups. For the same natural reasons that a mother favors her own child over another mother's child, we favor members of our own race over those of other races. This is what ensures that genes will be passed along.

The consequence for politics is obvious. Jam different racial groups into the same country, and there will be friction. And how.

Classact
01-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Evolutionary theorists in several fields (biology, psychology, etc.) tell us that races are like extended families. They are defined as human subspecies that have bred in geographic isolation over very long periods of time in order to adapt to particular climates. This is why you have whites, blacks, Asians, etc. The different rates of evolution mean for varying levels of ability and intelligence, BUT ALSO, and this is important, make for intra-loyalty within the racial groups. For the same natural reasons that a mother favors her own child over another mother's child, we favor members of our own race over those of other races. This is what ensures that genes will be passed along.

The consequence for politics is obvious. Jam different racial groups into the same country, and there will be friction. And how.Yet all of these races have commonalities of all human races that include art and the belief in spirits, multiple gods or a single god. And, each race always transitions from spirits, then to multiple gods and then to one god.

Does the evolution of belief in god(s) relate to the evolution of the race/culture to its pinnacle? Can a New Orleans or Haitian black person that practices Voodoo compete with white race equal to develop innovations like computers, automobiles, telephones, television and so on or are they relegated to wait for evolution to have these abilities?

On the concept of availability of food equals brain development equally regardless of race should other races be inventing technology equal to the white race?

Under diversity brainwashing in America all persons are equal regardless of race so if all races have the same food, security and education foundation can we expect equal contribution in breaking technologies as mentioned above regardless of race? Or does this evolution take centuries of these mentioned standards of food, security and education, and what influence of transition of belief to a single god will have on the outcome.

For that matter what outcome would the belief of no god have? I think if a culture transitions in to a belief of no god a culture that strongly believes in a single god, like Islam could take over the culture as is happening in Europe in the present.

Dilloduck
01-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Yet all of these races have commonalities of all human races that include art and the belief in spirits, multiple gods or a single god. And, each race always transitions from spirits, then to multiple gods and then to one god.

Does the evolution of belief in god(s) relate to the evolution of the race/culture to its pinnacle? Can a New Orleans or Haitian black person that practices Voodoo compete with white race equal to develop innovations like computers, automobiles, telephones, television and so on or are they relegated to wait for evolution to have these abilities?

On the concept of availability of food equals brain development equally regardless of race should other races be inventing technology equal to the white race?

Under diversity brainwashing in America all persons are equal regardless of race so if all races have the same food, security and education foundation can we expect equal contribution in breaking technologies as mentioned above regardless of race? Or does this evolution take centuries of these mentioned standards of food, security and education, and what influence of transition of belief to a single god will have on the outcome.

For that matter what outcome would the belief of no god have? I think if a culture transitions in to a belief of no god a culture that strongly believes in a single god, like Islam could take over the culture as is happening in Europe in the present.

So is the question maybe a more "advanced" culture vs a stronger one ?

Classact
01-21-2008, 11:17 AM
So is the question maybe a more "advanced" culture vs a stronger one ?We need definitions of advanced and stronger.

In consideration of earlier posts on theories I posted I will point out the Afro American race has contributed significantly as described at this link... http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa041897.htm Please note what Hugh Lincoln posted:

The different rates of evolution mean for varying levels of ability and intelligence, BUT ALSO, and this is important, make for intra-loyalty within the racial groups. For the same natural reasons that a mother favors her own child over another mother's child, we favor members of our own race over those of other races. This is what ensures that genes will be passed along.Note the loyalty in the link above on the exceptional black inventor.

Dilloduck
01-21-2008, 11:37 AM
We need definitions of advanced and stronger.

In consideration of earlier posts on theories I posted I will point out the Afro American race has contributed significantly as described at this link... http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa041897.htm Please note what Hugh Lincoln posted:

Note the loyalty in the link above on the exceptional black inventor.

I was thinking in terms of "barbarians" sacking rome or the slaughter of "intellectuals" in various communist revolutions.
You lost me on the loyalty issue--is your stance that Carver shared his inventions with other races as opposed to keeping them for the sole benefit of his own race ?

Classact
01-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I was thinking in terms of "barbarians" sacking rome or the slaughter of "intellectuals" in various communist revolutions.
You lost me on the loyalty issue--is your stance that Carver shared his inventions with other races as opposed to keeping them for the sole benefit of his own race ?No, I was referring to the first paragraph in the link. I watched a History Channel program on GW Carver and concluded he turned down wealth in exchange for helping his fellow Afro Americans.

I guess in terms of race/cultures in the main groups Western European and North American caucasian race verses African, Asian and Arab-Islamic-Asian cultures was my point. There were advances in all of these cultures but the caucasian race is identified with most modern advances in technology and science. Likewise, Western Europe used its self superior culture view to dominate other cultures in Africa, North and South America deciding to take over or use the culture for their use. In the Caribbean area there was no desire to take over but just a desire to exploit the land and people for their desires based on the fact they considered themselves superior while considering the natives heathens. In areas where they desired to take over they were generous to invite the natives to convert to "civilized life" or be killed or exiled as justifiable since they were heathens.

I could use the same theory in the mindset of Islam and their self proclaimed superior religion being justification to consider Caucasians Race cultures as heathens justifying them destroying us.

Trigg
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Classact;189613]Who do you think started the demographic people of color? Was it a black person, a Chinese, Spanish, white or what? Why not just say Non-White people? I always figured the phrase came from the NAACP.

To use the term people of color requires to think in terms of a struggle between all non-white and white people.Yes it does, of course I don't think there really is a struggle between all non-white people and whites.

Is it the opinion of people of color they are equal to or superior to white people or do white people consider themselves superior to people of color?

What is the struggle, are white people holding down people of color or are people of color just not ready for prime-time?Globally, there is no country with a majority non-white population that is run by whites, that I am aware of anyway. They run their own countries. Japan certainly doesn't need anyones help to be a first rate country. Why are African countries still so poor and disorganized? IMO corrupt gov. and a tribal mentality are their problems, I don't see how whites figure into their problmes at all.

Social anthropologist have theories of cultures based on belief of gods as the definitive between cultures... like steps, belief in spirits, belief in multiple gods to belief in one god. In this theory any member on a higher step can consider themselves superior to the people below them. Another theory is based on availability of food and the ability to establish a culture that respects property and society expected norms resulting in peace among the people. Both theories require peace and abundant food for the culture to be superior, because the culture will only use intelligence towards progress when relieved from the daily need for the basics of life.

Are people of color equal to white people in their culture's progress? Is this the struggle? Do white people consider themselves superior to other cultures and races? Do people of color consider themselves equal to white people's evolution even if they still believe in spirits? Certainly in the past the Europeans thought themselves superior because of their religion and culture. They took over countries that were subsiding in hunting and gathering cultures and looked down on them.When the Europeans started trading with the Chinese the Europeans were looked down on because their culture and religion.[/COLOR]I think in every race today some people think they're superior to another person based on race or religion. I don't think this will end, any time soon.

Classact
01-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Take a look at this link http://www.rapidimmigration.com/usa/1_eng_immigration_history.html if you take particular note of this entry

1968 Act: Eliminated US immigration discrimination based on race, place of birth, sex and residence. It also officially abolished restrictions on Oriental US immigration. You will see how People of Color came about. When I was growing up there were very few non white US citizens outside of Afro Americans, Chinese and Spanish populations that were isolated in comparison to today's makeup of the America population.

Was the 1968 act a good thing or bad thing?

theHawk
01-22-2008, 01:28 PM
White is a color too!

Abbey Marie
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't know who came up with the term "people of color" but I do know that after a number of years, that phrase too will be unacceptable. Think about how "Negro" was ok, then it was not. "Black" was then the preferred term, then it was not. "African American" became all the rage; then it was not. What this all says is that it's time for everyone to grow the heck up and stop worrying about these temporary walking-on-eggshells PC labels.

actsnoblemartin
01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I believe the term people of color is a politicaly correct divisive word.

Im tired of everyone in america needing a hyphin, there should be no mexican americans, african americans, asian americans

simply AMERICANS

as far as superiority, i think all races are equal, and when a person of any race says im better then that race, that is racist

Who do you think started the demographic people of color? Was it a black person, a Chinese, Spanish, white or what? Why not just say Non-White people?

To use the term people of color requires to think in terms of a struggle between all non-white and white people.

What is the struggle, are white people holding down people of color or are people of color just not ready for prime-time?

Are people of color equal to white people in their culture's progress? Is this the struggle? Do white people consider themselves superior to other cultures and races? Do people of color consider themselves equal to white people's evolution even if they still believe in spirits?

-Cp
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
If black is the absense of color, than everyone who is not "black" is a "colored person", no?

-Cp
01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
I believe the term people of color is a politicaly correct divisive word.

Im tired of everyone in america needing a hyphin, there should be no mexican americans, african americans, asian americans

simply AMERICANS

as far as superiority, i think all races are equal, and when a person of any race says im better then that race, that is racist

your thoughts are right, however, you use the term "race" in a rather ignorant fashion. Your use of the word impliess that there are varying kinds of humans - there isn't. Everyone, regardless of skin color are ALL THE SAME RACE - the Human Race...

Here's an excellent explaination of how varrying people groups of various colors have come about:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/CFoL/ch2-variation.asp

manu1959
01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
If black is the absense of color, than everyone who is not "black" is a "colored person", no?

actually black is the result of all colors blended....white is an absence of color....

-Cp
01-23-2008, 01:24 AM
actually black is the result of all colors blended....white is an absence of color....

Actually, Black is the net result when no light is present so there are no colors to reflect back to one's eye...

Sitarro
01-23-2008, 01:29 AM

Except in light....... white light is all colors combined.:coffee:

Psychoblues
01-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I think the conversation included all people of color, abby. Tell me if I am wrong.

I don't know who came up with the term "people of color" but I do know that after a number of years, that phrase too will be unacceptable. Think about how "Negro" was ok, then it was not. "Black" was then the preferred term, then it was not. "African American" became all the rage; then it was not. What this all says is that it's time for everyone to grow the heck up and stop worrying about these temporary walking-on-eggshells PC labels.

What is your obsession with "negro", "black", "african-american"? Are you now denying there is not a problem with people of color regardless of the pc consideration? BTW, the only people I ever hear bitching or even mentioning "pc" is redneck reichwingers that clearly are scared to death of everybody other than themselves.

Personally, I just can't live that way but I've been around the world a few times and got to know many "people of color" and even more that retain a more "white" nomenclature. Have you thoroughly checked your own roots?

manu1959
01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
I think the conversation included all people of color, abby. Tell me if I am wrong.
What is your obsession with "negro", "black", "african-american"? Are you now denying there is not a problem with people of color regardless of the pc consideration? BTW, the only people I ever hear bitching or even mentioning "pc" is redneck reichwingers that clearly are scared to death of everybody other than themselves.
Personally, I just can't live that way but I've been around the world a few times and got to know many "people of color" and even more that retain a more "white" nomenclature. Have you thoroughly checked your own roots?

what does one color have to do with ones soul.......

Psychoblues
01-25-2008, 12:05 AM
The point of my post was the obsession of another poster with a single color in mind, m'59.

what does one color have to do with ones soul.......

Can you dig it? What about the gingers? I have been told they have no soul at all?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

manu1959
01-25-2008, 12:08 AM
The point of my post was the obsession of another poster with a single color in mind, m'59.
Can you dig it? What about the gingers? I have been told they have no soul at all?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

color, sex and age mean nothing ... talent and skill are everything.....

i would suggets the gingers listen to this.....http://www.musicdirect.com/product/77219

Psychoblues
01-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Sorry, I am on dial up, m'59. Audio, video aren't easy for me. Can you tell me what it's all about? I am a musician and I appreciate all good jamm. I think I am capable of digging the opinion of a jamm from one whom I so much respect.

color, sex and age mean nothing ... talent and skill are everything.....

i would suggets the gingers listen to this.....http://www.musicdirect.com/product/77219

It could've been worse.

manu1959
01-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Sorry, I am on dial up, m'59. Audio, video aren't easy for me. Can you tell me what it's all about? I am a musician and I appreciate all good jamm. I think I am capable of digging the opinion of a jamm from one whom I so much respect.

it could've been worse.

it is a website where i buy my albums....

the one i linked to would give you some soul...

JOHN LEE HOOKER - THE HEALER (200g LP)

The Healer was oddly a major mainstream breakthrough for John Lee Hooker. The album was one of the first to feature a wide array of guest stars, including Bonnie Raitt, Keith Richards, Johnnie Johnson and Los Lobos and Carlos Santana. The album immediately captured widespread media attention because of all the superstar musicians involved in its production and has to date been John Lee's most successful release. Recorded in analog and mixed to 1/4' 15ips analog tape, the sound is better than almost any other Hooker recording. Transferred from the original 1/4' analog tapes by Bernie Grundman using Classic's 'all tube' cutting system, gives this release a warmth and comfort it has never had. If you're a John Lee Hooker fan then this a must! Great sound and classic Hooker guitar and vocal performances.

1. The Healer
2. I'm In The Mood
3. Baby Lee
4. Cuttin' Out
5. Think Twice Before You Go
6. Sally Mae
7. That's Alright
8. Rockin' Chair
9. My Dream
10. No Substitute

actsnoblemartin
01-25-2008, 12:38 AM
I dont understand the need to say my race is before me being an american, and thats people do when they say african-american, mexican americans

Psychoblues
01-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Uhhhhhh,,,,,,way more technical than anything I would consider useful information but I certainly dig the jammers and I certainly dig the jamms.

it is a website where i buy my albums....

the one i linked to would give you some soul...

JOHN LEE HOOKER - THE HEALER (200g LP)

The Healer was oddly a major mainstream breakthrough for John Lee Hooker. The album was one of the first to feature a wide array of guest stars, including Bonnie Raitt, Keith Richards, Johnnie Johnson and Los Lobos and Carlos Santana. The album immediately captured widespread media attention because of all the superstar musicians involved in its production and has to date been John Lee's most successful release. Recorded in analog and mixed to 1/4' 15ips analog tape, the sound is better than almost any other Hooker recording. Transferred from the original 1/4' analog tapes by Bernie Grundman using Classic's 'all tube' cutting system, gives this release a warmth and comfort it has never had. If you're a John Lee Hooker fan then this a must! Great sound and classic Hooker guitar and vocal performances.

1. The Healer
2. I'm In The Mood
3. Baby Lee
4. Cuttin' Out
5. Think Twice Before You Go
6. Sally Mae
7. That's Alright
8. Rockin' Chair
9. My Dream
10. No Substitute

I am a bandstand jammer. We create, original jamm or not, whatever comes across at the time. My studio days were over in 1968, the year I joined the United States Air Force so I could go fight communism and otherwise avoid the draft. I didn't avoid Viet Nam but I didn't do much ground pounding either. Please refer to my other posts about that experience. Maybe then you might come to grips with your own dilemmas in the conversation.

manu1959
01-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Uhhhhhh,,,,,,way more technical than anything I would consider useful information but I certainly dig the jammers and I certainly dig the jamms.

am a bandstand jammer. We create, original jamm or not, whatever comes across at the time. My studio days were over in 1968, the year I joined the United States Air Force so I could go fight communism and otherwise avoid the draft. I didn't avoid Viet Nam but I didn't do much ground pounding either. Please refer to my other posts about that experience. Maybe then you might come to grips with your own dilemmas in the conversation.

sweet....wifes dad played in big bands.....

as for me i have no dilemmas....

Psychoblues
01-25-2008, 12:56 AM
I love big bands!!!!!!!! I cut my teeth on big bands!!!!!!!! I just can't find a good 5 piece group that can pull the big band stuff off!!!!!!!! Have you ever heard Lyle Lovette? He is a great writer, not much of a singer but his bands really kick my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you want to hide your dilemmas? We all have them, you know?

Classact
01-25-2008, 08:59 AM
I don't know who came up with the term "people of color" but I do know that after a number of years, that phrase too will be unacceptable. Think about how "Negro" was ok, then it was not. "Black" was then the preferred term, then it was not. "African American" became all the rage; then it was not. What this all says is that it's time for everyone to grow the heck up and stop worrying about these temporary walking-on-eggshells PC labels.I don't think "People of Color" refers to black people directly, moreover it refers to the fact a group of minorities out number the white population in the US... it is a power term.

It is used like the term "White Trash"... white trash was a term used by only white people when I was a kid. The KKK started the use of the term white trash. White trash was defined as an irresponsible white person that used assets of the "producing whites", or in other words equal to a ghetto welfare black. My dad, who was in the KKK said he was only at one cross burning and it was on the lawn of a white trash house... the dude took tax money and spent it on booze and didn't even feed his family nor seek work.

But today White Trash is used by people of color as a definition of intolerant white people that refuse to accept black people regardless of their lifestyle.

Abbey Marie
01-25-2008, 11:05 AM

Well Psycho, if you can link me up with multiple PC name changes for other races besides blacks, I would be glad to include them as well. It's always good to shine a light on PC nonsense, and I am an equal opportunity PC illuminator.

Btw, I think we need to re-educate you on numbers. When someone mentions something just once, it cannot reasonably indicate an obsession. You, on the other hand, mention people's supposed obsessions so often, that perhaps you have an obsession with trying to paint other people as having obsessions. See how that works?

Abbey Marie
01-25-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't think "People of Color" refers to black people directly, moreover it refers to the fact a group of minorities out number the white population in the US... it is a power term.

Yes, I know that it is inclusive of Latinos, etc. But it also includes blacks, and as such, it is the latest in a string of names that quickly became unacceptable for who knows what reason.

Psychoblues
01-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Are you trying to be "cute", abby?

Well Psycho, if you can link me up with multiple PC name changes for other races besides blacks, I would be glad to include them as well. It's always good to shine a light on PC nonsense, and I am an equal opportunity PC illuminator.

Btw, I think we need to re-educate you on numbers. When someone mentions something just once, it cannot reasonably indicate an obsession. You, on the other hand, mention people's supposed obsessions so often, that perhaps you have an obsession with trying to paint other people as having obsessions. See how that works?

In your one single post I mentioned you used 3 different PC indications of "black person". As far as your education is concerned I suspect you have little. I don't recall noticing or mentioning any of that on any other thread or about any other person, abby. Can you share with me your observations that would indicate otherwise or are you satisfied that your lie stands and I am just a silly one?

Sitarro
01-27-2008, 02:02 AM

In your one single post I mentioned you used 3 different PC indications of "black person". As far as your education is concerned I suspect you have little. I don't recall noticing or mentioning any of that on any other thread or about any other person, abby. Can you share with me your observations that would indicate otherwise or are you satisfied that your lie stands and I am just a silly one?

Her name is Abbey you twit.:finger3:

Psychoblues
01-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Are you trying to be "cute" zorro? You ain't ready for prime time just yet.

Her name is Abbey you twit.:finger3:

My name is not "twit" either, moron, it is Psychoblues. Dig it? Really, I couldn't care less. You so confuse the particulars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
01-27-2008, 03:21 AM
Are you trying to be "cute" zorro? You ain't ready for prime time just yet.

Have you ever said what you mean or do you just speak in code that only you and Jim Beam understand?

My name is not "twit" either, moron, it is Psychoblues. Dig it? Really, I couldn't care less. You so confuse the particulars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It gets just a wee bit boring to read your denigration of Abbey, Kathianne and Stephanie. All three out think and out post you every time they type a response. Can you dig that ace?:slap:

Oh and Blues sucks.

Psychoblues
01-27-2008, 04:07 AM
What about all the others, numbnuts?

Have you ever said what you mean or do you just speak in code that only you and Jim Beam understand?

It gets just a wee bit boring to read your denigration of Abbey, Kathianne and Stephanie. All three out think and out post you every time they type a response. Can you dig that ace?:slap:

Oh and Blues sucks.

I didn't figure you could understand but I have never stifled your words, have I? Look, zorro, you need to do some high school comedy shows or maybe you just need to think a bit before you respond to anything. You are not a comedian and you are not any example of intelligence with which I could recommend to even the most dim-witted of my associates and acquaintances. Your humor is below juvenile. Dig it, deuce?

Sitarro
01-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Whatever, continue justifying your little handle Psycho...... you are without a doubt certifiable...... not that there is anything wrong with that, right?

Oh and did I mention that the blues blows?

Psychoblues
01-27-2008, 04:25 AM
Quite honestly, zorro, I didn't give myself that handle. I was refered to in Memphis back in the 60's as Psychoblues because I was one of the first here to appreciate the music of Jimi Hendrix. Thanks for the certification!!!!!!! Nothing wrong with that, reich?

Whatever, continue justifying your little handle Psycho...... you are without a doubt certifiable...... not that there is anything wrong with that, right?

Oh and did I mention that the blues blows?

You're correct. Blues just blows your ass away and that's all that matters to me. Dig it? My everlasting and unending question is WWJD?

I could show you some flirtations by the aforementioned and others that would absolutely blow YOUR fuckin' mind!!!!!!!!!!

Abbey Marie
01-27-2008, 11:59 AM

Your suspicion that I have "little education" shows us two things very clearly:
1. You are incapable of judging intelligence, and
2. Your reading comprehension skills and/or memory are swiss cheese, as I have indicated my education level on here several times.

I should also remind you that calling me a liar didnt work too well for you before, Psycho.