PDA

View Full Version : 2008: Holding Democrats Accountable on War

jimnyc
01-21-2008, 06:28 PM
David Limbaugh nails it again...

2008: Holding Democrats Accountable on War

Some say Democrats won't have Iraq as an issue for the 2008 presidential campaign due to our dramatic turnaround there. Republicans should take it a step further and make it an issue themselves.

Democrats have accused President Bush of politicizing the war any time he merely reported favorably on our progress or made a speech defining the enemy and explaining our multi-pronged strategy to defeat him. All the while, it was Democrats who were exploiting the war for partisan gain.

They clearly tried to do so in the 2006 congressional campaigns, and when they recaptured their congressional majorities, they proudly declared their victory was a mandate for their position on Iraq (though exit polling data indicates otherwise).

Read the rest here - http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2007/11/new_column_2008.html

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 02:35 AM
jimnyc, clearly the Republicans don't want to talk about war right now. As a Democrat I will admit that the war will be difficult to end but admit it must end. History will reflect the more responsible and more compassionate of our very different opinions. Just what do you think?

01-22-2008, 02:57 AM
jimnyc, clearly the Republicans don't want to talk about war right now. As a Democrat I will admit that the war will be difficult to end but admit it must end. History will reflect the more responsible and more compassionate of our very different opinions. Just what do you think?

last time i checked, other than the economy, the war was all we were talking about.

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 03:10 AM
I think jimnyc was referring to the Republicans that count, a'21.

last time i checked, other than the economy, the war was all we were talking about.

I thought we were talking about health care for everybody, education for everybody, jobs for everybody, housing for even our Veterans as well as everybody else, etc., etc., etc., and what about leadership?

The "war" on Iraq is a gwb piece of shit that even the Republican frontrunners don't want to talk about rather like all the other gwb pieces of shit that the next President will have to address. It don't look good for you right now, a'21. Maybe in 2020 or so, but right now the conservative ideology has pretty much been wasted by the 'lil one. Dig it?

nevadamedic
01-22-2008, 04:42 AM
David Limbaugh nails it again...

2008: Holding Democrats Accountable on War

Some say Democrats won't have Iraq as an issue for the 2008 presidential campaign due to our dramatic turnaround there. Republicans should take it a step further and make it an issue themselves.

Democrats have accused President Bush of politicizing the war any time he merely reported favorably on our progress or made a speech defining the enemy and explaining our multi-pronged strategy to defeat him. All the while, it was Democrats who were exploiting the war for partisan gain.

They clearly tried to do so in the 2006 congressional campaigns, and when they recaptured their congressional majorities, they proudly declared their victory was a mandate for their position on Iraq (though exit polling data indicates otherwise).

Read the rest here - http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2007/11/new_column_2008.html

Obama Bin Laden is constantly bringing up the war because we are killing his Muslim kin.

Kathianne
01-22-2008, 04:44 AM
Obama Bin Laden is constantly bringing up the war because we are killing his Muslim kin.

He's not Muslim. His 'kin' are not in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 04:57 AM
Osama claims to be muslim, kitty, and you are correct that his kin are not in Iraq or Afghanistan. They are living quite happily in Saudi Arabia, thank you.

I gotta give you a pos rep for that post even if you are as usual wrong on at least part of it.

Kathianne
01-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Osama claims to be muslim, kitty, and you are correct that his kin are not in Iraq or Afghanistan. They are living quite happily in Saudi Arabia, thank you.

I gotta give you a pos rep for that post even if you are as usual wrong on at least part of it.

He was speaking about 'Obama', it's how NM thinks politics is played. Thanks for the rep though.

nevadamedic
01-22-2008, 05:00 AM

He was a Muslim for years and still has ties to the darkside. Besides once you turn to the darkside you can't come back.

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 05:04 AM
Constantly? You must be listening to your heroes at FoxNews or maybe Rush Limpdick. bin Laden has produced maybe 5 statements post 9/11 and even the CIA has doubts about that. Are you another victim of the bush hysteria?

Kathianne
01-22-2008, 05:07 AM
He was a Muslim for years and still has ties to the darkside. Besides once you turn to the darkside you can't come back.

Wrong on his being Muslim.

Kathianne
01-22-2008, 05:08 AM
Constantly? You must be listening to your heroes at FoxNews or maybe Rush Limpdick. bin Laden has produced maybe 5 statements post 9/11 and even the CIA has doubts about that. Are you another victim of the bush hysteria?

NM is talking about Barak Obama.

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 05:17 AM
Obama bin Laden? Genious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NM is talking about Barak Obama.

kitty, do you really think I am that dumb?

Kathianne
01-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Obama bin Laden? Genious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitty, do you really think I am that dumb?

Seriously? Most of the time I don't get you. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Seriously? kitty, that's not such a bad thing.

Seriously? Most of the time I don't get you. :laugh2:

Liberty, Freedom and Democracy forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's what we all aspire!!!!!!!!!!!