PDA

View Full Version : Thinking

02-19-2007, 01:06 PM
How do you think? Do you see words. hear words in your mind. Do you see pictures?

Never really thought about it before, but I realized I think in pictures so I have the hardest time explaining what im seeing sometimes. Im just curious if others are the same or have different ways.

manu1959
02-19-2007, 01:09 PM
How do you think? Do you see words. hear words in your mind. Do you see pictures?

Never really thought about it before, but I realized I think in pictures so I have the hardest time explaining what im seeing sometimes. Im just curious if others are the same or have different ways.

i think by talking and i see the pictures of the words like a little movie....

Dilloduck
02-19-2007, 01:17 PM
i think by talking and i see the pictures of the words like a little movie....

I'm pratically obsessed with how we think. Beyond social conditioning and reacting to stimuli there is some pretty awesome stuff that "happens" in that grey matter. I never see or hear anything when I "think". My brain just sort goes into "ponder mode" and I talk about it.

CSM
02-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Some try to think but nuttin happens!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Dilloduck
02-19-2007, 01:27 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist!

:laugh: Well you DO have to be open to inspiration !!

manu1959
02-19-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm pratically obsessed with how we think. Beyond social conditioning and reacting to stimuli there is some pretty awesome stuff that "happens" in that grey matter. I never see or hear anything when I "think". My brain just sort goes into "ponder mode" and I talk about it.

if you talk it is called extroverted thinking, myers briggs did extensive studies on it.....they have also evaluated the different types of thinkers and where they draw the decisions from....

Dilloduck
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
if you talk it is called extroverted thinking, myers briggs did extensive studies on it.....they have also evaluated the different types of thinkers and where they draw the decisions from....

sounds right to me---after my "ponder mode" I talk about it to try to put all the little pieces together. I'm still wondering where in inspirational idea comes from tho.

manu1959
02-19-2007, 01:50 PM
sounds right to me---after my "ponder mode" I talk about it to try to put all the little pieces together. I'm still wondering where in inspirational idea comes from tho.

when i design buildings...i start with a blank piece of paper....i scribble lines over and over and talk to meself telling a little story about the building and what it is trying to do for the people that will use it....a man by the name of christopher alexander wrote a book about this type of thinking...it is called pattern language

Dilloduck
02-19-2007, 01:55 PM
when i design buildings...i start with a blank piece of paper....i scribble lines over and over and talk to meself telling a little story about the building and what it is trying to do for the people that will use it....a man by the name of christopher alexander wrote a book about this type of thinking...it is called pattern language

there's a lot to be learned about our brains--that's for sure !!

The ClayTaurus
02-19-2007, 01:58 PM
The voices in my head refuse to divulge their methods.

Dilloduck
02-19-2007, 02:00 PM
The voices in my head refuse to divulge their methods.

This is a good thing---I think somehow it keeps us all a bit safer. :poke:

Abbey Marie
02-19-2007, 02:39 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Of course you couldn't resist an homage to The Stooges- you're a guy!:thumb:

The ClayTaurus
02-19-2007, 04:03 PM
This is a good thing---I think somehow it keeps us all a bit safer. :poke:They agree.

Said1
02-19-2007, 08:48 PM
I talk, but not out loud. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
02-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Humm, I hear my voice in my head and when I'm like reading a book or day dreaming it's like a movie. I'm aware of my suroundings but not, I'm not really seeing the words on the page either but the story playing in my head.
I don't speak my thought aloud or make sound. Sometimes it's strange when I speak because the voice I'm always hearing that is my thoughts is way different then my speaking voice.