PDA

View Full Version : LOL at board disparity...

Insein
02-19-2007, 02:18 PM
I go away for 3 days. Come back and USMB has 541 unread posts. DP has 1216 unread posts. Sheesh.

Dilloduck
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I go away for 3 days. Come back and USMB has 541 unread posts. DP has 1216 unread posts. Sheesh.

but the other is all "quality" stuff man !!!:420:

jimnyc
02-19-2007, 02:25 PM

Gotta hand it to Greg and Kathianne, they're doing a great job! LOL

If reading PM's counted, I'd bet the numbers would be a lot closer :eek:

KitchenKitten99
02-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Gotta hand it to Greg and Kathianne, they're doing a great job! LOL

If reading PM's counted, I'd bet the numbers would be a lot closer :eek:

you're such a smartass! :laugh2:

jimnyc
02-19-2007, 05:04 PM
you're such a smartass! :laugh2:

Why thank you :) From what I gather, it might not be far from the truth though!

Nuc
02-19-2007, 05:08 PM
It is common business practice that when a business is sold to a new owner the previous owner agrees to a non-competition clause. For a certain number of years they agree not to start up a competing business in the same field. The fact that the new owner of USMB didn't ask for this makes me wonder about his business savvy. Interesting.

jimnyc
02-19-2007, 05:19 PM
It is common business practice that when a business is sold to a new owner the previous owner agrees to a non-competition clause. For a certain number of years they agree not to start up a competing business in the same field. The fact that the new owner of USMB didn't ask for this makes me wonder about his business savvy. Interesting.

I didn't exactly sell a profitable business, but I see your point. He bought nearly 500,000 posts and about 2,000 members. It's his own fault for not running the board properly that loyal members chose to leave. You might want to read the threads about private messages if you wonder why their is animosity.

The MOST important thing about ANY online community is the member base. This is why I always try my best to include members in board changes before making them. As much as I know my name is on the ownership of this domain, I'm not naive and I know this board truly is ran by, and belongs to, those who are loyal here and make posting what it is.

Dilloduck
02-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I didn't exactly sell a profitable business, but I see your point. He bought nearly 500,000 posts and about 2,000 members. It's his own fault for not running the board properly that loyal members chose to leave. You might want to read the threads about private messages if you wonder why their is animosity.

The MOST important thing about ANY online community is the member base. This is why I always try my best to include members in board changes before making them. As much as I know my name is on the ownership of this domain, I'm not naive and I know this board truly is ran by, and belongs to, those who are loyal here and make posting what it is.

You sold us ???? Like slaves ?????? :laugh2:

jimnyc
02-19-2007, 05:27 PM

Yes, and you weren't worth too much either, ya bastard! :)

manu1959
02-19-2007, 05:28 PM

is this what the true african american experience is like?

Nuc
02-19-2007, 05:55 PM

Well looks like it turned out good for you. I would guess many of those 2000 members are dormant. And it looks like most of the prolific members came over here anyway.

I run a forum (not political) and used to run another one and try to keep a very light hand on the proceedings, just enough to keep order.

But what happened to RWA? Seems like he'd be lost without someplace to spout off bizarre rhetoric.

CSM
02-19-2007, 06:15 PM

Well, he wasn't, but I bet I brought a good amount! everyone knows Dillo aint worth much!

Abbey Marie
02-19-2007, 06:25 PM
But what happened to RWA? Seems like he'd be lost without someplace to spout off bizarre rhetoric.

RWA's around. His new nom de plume is The Sage.

Or perhaps I should say, his nom de guerre?

Yurt
02-19-2007, 06:47 PM

non compete clauses are a tricky thing on the net, the traditional test for whether they can be upheld are based almost solely on brick/mortar dimensions and understandings. I don't think Jim sold this guy out simply to start a new board. The facts are clear and I can and will personally attest to such things:

It's his own fault for not running the board properly that loyal members chose to leave. You might want to read the threads about private messages if you wonder why their is animosity.

This is where the net gets tricky. See, that guy changed the board's rules and essentially is "purpose." I am not the most active member of this board nor was I of that board, but I can assure you I have been with the boards for long enough to know, that the new owner has changed the "purpose" of the "business" he bought from Jim.

IMHO, Jim, you are free man....LOL:mm:

Nuc
02-19-2007, 06:54 PM
non compete clauses are a tricky thing on the net, the traditional test for whether they can be upheld are based almost solely on brick/mortar dimensions and understandings. I don't think Jim sold this guy out simply to start a new board. The facts are clear and I can and will personally attest to such things:

This is where the net gets tricky. See, that guy changed the board's rules and essentially is "purpose." I am not the most active member of this board nor was I of that board, but I can assure you I have been with the boards for long enough to know, that the new owner has changed the "purpose" of the "business" he bought from Jim.

IMHO, Jim, you are free man....LOL:mm:

I'm not accusing Jim of any trickery. More power to him. I just thought it was funny how it went down.

Yurt
02-19-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm not accusing Jim of any trickery. More power to him. I just thought it was funny how it went down.

Please, you misunderstood, I did not think you did, just wanted to make the record clear given the board bruuhaaahahaahahahahahaas. If thought you did, I would have let you know. It must be clear though, IMHO, that jimmy did no wrong.

shattered
02-19-2007, 07:29 PM

Us cute people were worth more, right?

trobinett
02-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Us cute people were worth more, right?

No, you were liability.

Cute fades, stupid is forever..........:eek:

I'm kidding, put the knife down, and back away from the keyboard.:poke:

Mr. P
02-19-2007, 08:31 PM
No, you were liability.

Cute fades, stupid is forever..........:eek:

I'm kidding, put the knife down, and back away from the keyboard.:poke:

*Got my popcorn with lots of butter, sitting back to watch this*

trobinett
02-19-2007, 08:34 PM
*Got my popcorn with lots of butter, sitting back to watch this*

Naw, Shattered is too "classy", your just trying to get some "free" entertainment "P".:wink2:

Sitarro
02-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Hey WTF.....I thought this thread was all about me!!!!:laugh2: