PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

actsnoblemartin
01-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Why not make the iraqies reconcile in 2-5 years, or we leave

or just cut the dam country into three.

I get the anti-war people, Im tired of seeing people die

i get the war supporters, dont leave without stability.

Cant force these fuckers, excuse me the iraqi government to reconcile if they dont want to.

Why does this have to be such a simplistic, youre a war monger... or you dont support the troops nonsense

this is iraq not a shoe sale, its complex and should be treated as such.

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 02:55 AM
2 -5 years ago? Any idiot realizes that 2-5 years from now the US will not be occupying Iraq.

Cant force these fuckers, excuse me the iraqi government to reconcile if they dont want to.

Why does this have to be such a simplistic, youre a war monger... or you dont support the troops nonsense

It's complicated, martin, but even a shallow understanding of history and the most recent mid east adventures indicate continued military interference by anyone will be met with disaster for the invaders. Don't take it from me, martin, even gwb now admits much the same. He never was good in history, was he?

01-22-2008, 02:58 AM
if you divide the people rather than teach them how to work together there will be future conflict.

actsnoblemartin
01-22-2008, 03:01 AM
quite honestly, I am not sure we ever had a good outcome.

Im not talking about the war, but i do have some knowledge of the middle east.

In 1919, france and britian, perhaps with some guidance from america, i dont know

carved out a map, and said here is country a, b , and c

the middle east has been the most volitile region in human history.

2-5 was kind of a ball park figure, ive heard some people, even democrats say, it would take atleast a year to pull out all troops.

Im not ashamed to admit, i dont know what to do, im merely trying to think.

Am i scared, yes

But i cant allow america, to continue to send young men and women to die, if i dont believe iraqis will reconcile.

I believe the surge has worker, im no expert.

However, is there one last chance to save iraq from being a failure?

That was my point in the thought, 2-5 years, or cut it into three.

2 -5 years ago? Any idiot realizes that 2-5 years from now the US will not be occupying Iraq.

It's complicated, martin, but even a shallow understanding of history and the most recent mid east adventures indicate continued military interference by anyone will be met with disaster for the invaders. Don't take it from me, martin, even gwb now admits much the same. He never was good in history, was he?

actsnoblemartin
01-22-2008, 03:02 AM
but were not talking about people who know what democracy is, islam is democracy for many if not all these people.

These ethnic, tribal, and islamic divisions stem from the beginning of islam.

I dont know if they will ever get along.

Perhaps im wrong. But i like hearing what you have to say.

if you divide the people rather than teach them how to work together there will be future conflict.

nevadamedic
01-22-2008, 03:56 AM

These assholes have been fighting eachother for thousands of years, that wont change in a couple years. We have to maintain a presence there or there will be mass slaughtering.

actsnoblemartin
01-22-2008, 03:59 AM
In one sense, you are completely right... they have been slaughtering each other but not for thousands of years, more like 1500 years. now that im done being nitpicky.

at some point, I would rather they slit each others throat, then our throats.

It is so complex, i have a feeling military commanders, not the president, congress, pro or anti war supporters should decide what to do.

they are the experts.

Besides, if they decide its time to stop, then we should stop.. doesnt everyone say trust the generals on the ground and that is what got us into trouble in the first place

These assholes have been fighting eachother for thousands of years, that wont change in a couple years. We have to maintain a presence there or there will be mass slaughtering.

nevadamedic
01-22-2008, 04:04 AM
In one sense, you are completely right... they have been slaughtering each other but not for thousands of years, more like 1500 years. now that im done being nitpicky.

at some point, I would rather they slit each others throat, then our throats.

It is so complex, i have a feeling military commanders, not the president, congress, pro or anti war supporters should decide what to do.

they are the experts.

Besides, if they decide its time to stop, then we should stop.. doesnt everyone say trust the generals on the ground and that is what got us into trouble in the first place

They won't decide to stop unless we wipe the terrorists and insurgents out completly and that's what we need to do.

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 04:28 AM
And if we do remain there the mass slaughtering will be on our hands, am I understanding you, nm?

You are such a shallow jerk. You and those like you would still like to drink a beer with the 'lil one.

actsnoblemartin
01-22-2008, 04:32 AM
A true military general can also come to the conclusion we cannot win a war, well if he is an honest man that is.

Generals have to deal with strategy, if they cant genuinly think of one, or the one they used has failed, then have the stones to pack it up.

Maybe im just too nieve :laugh2:

Psychoblues
01-22-2008, 05:44 AM
gwb fired all the true military Generals, martin, until he found a truly political one in David Petraeus. Maybe MoveOn.org was not so wrong after all?

A true military general can also come to the conclusion we cannot win a war, well if he is an honest man that is.

Generals have to deal with strategy, if they cant genuinly think of one, or the one they used has failed, then have the stones to pack it up.

Maybe im just too nieve :laugh2:

Send me the notebooks. I'll probably be in Heaven when the final analyses of the gwb administration is related to our children in search of education and truth.