PDA

View Full Version : Based on some new information ive just come across, I will NOT vote for mccain

actsnoblemartin
01-22-2008, 03:49 AM
He is pro-amnesty according to his record going back to 1989, I cannot support any candidate who supports rewarding criminals, and my conchence cannot allow me to endorse him simply for having the right letter next to his name.

He is an american hero, like any other veteran, but he is not the right man to lead america.

Therefore, I will be choosing between mitt romney and mike huckabee depending on who i feel has the best record against illegals and who i think is best for america.

I do admire mccain for his honesty and integraty, but he is wrong on the most important issue facing america, because illegal aliens commit crimes against our law abiding citizens every day, and I need someone who will actually do something about it, not just play nice to get elected.

gene430
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
If your litmus test is amnesty then you are correct. I must say though that I really think Fred had the right answer on this. Secure the borders and then let attrition take care of it. Some will commit crimes, those go back immediately., some will go back on there on, some will get legal status, and yes, some will live on here illegally.

I know that's not what you want but seriously, how in the hell are you going to deport 12, 000, 000 people? Logistically, it would be a nightmare. "make them leave and get it the back of the line" makes a good bumper sticker, but that's all. It is not a realistic solution.

But, you are correct based on your premise.

actsnoblemartin
01-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I think you are also correct that it would be a logistical nightmare to track down 12 million people, what do you think of deporting the violent illegals first, then taking away all jobs for illegals?

manu1959
01-22-2008, 09:26 PM
no need to deport....just tell all employers and all employees that they have 90 days to become a documented tax paying worker......citizenship is not part of the deal sorry......

at the end of 90 days start fining the employers......say 10,000 a day for each employee found to have no or forged papers ....

Classact
01-22-2008, 09:28 PM
If your litmus test is amnesty then you are correct. I must say though that I really think Fred had the right answer on this. Secure the borders and then let attrition take care of it. Some will commit crimes, those go back immediately., some will go back on there on, some will get legal status, and yes, some will live on here illegally.

I know that's not what you want but seriously, how in the hell are you going to deport 12, 000, 000 people? Logistically, it would be a nightmare. "make them leave and get it the back of the line" makes a good bumper sticker, but that's all. It is not a realistic solution.

But, you are correct based on your premise.I really don't know who to vote for now that Thompson has dropped out. Huckster did sign the pledge on illegal aliens but he is pretty full of shit and I don't think he could win against Clinton. Romney may be the man but he really has to commit himself on illegal immigration or he can't compete in the general election either.

manu1959
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
i have a question........you have 12 million people working for you providing services which you need and enjoy the benifts from.....

yes these folks don't pay taxes and use services ....education, medical etc.....many take all their money and pump it back into the economy....and all dollars are pre tax dollars so the they spend 100 cents on each dollar....not .70 or .80..... the govt gets none....i kinda like that....they would just blow it on ground hog day parades anyway .... at least these tax protesters spend it locally ....

so tell me .... this has been going on for what.....40 years.....is this really the defining issue of our time .... the single issue that one votes upon ....

red states rule
01-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Here are more reasons why you should not vote for McCain

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/01/22/audio-laura-ingraham-slams-mccain-on-the-wisconsin-right-to-life-case/

retiredman
01-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Here are more reasons why you should not vote for McCain

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/01/22/audio-laura-ingraham-slams-mccain-on-the-wisconsin-right-to-life-case/

what will you do, RSR, if McCain gets the nomination? Who will you vote for if your choices are McCain or one of the three remaining democrats?

red states rule
01-23-2008, 07:53 AM
what will you do, RSR, if McCain gets the nomination? Who will you vote for if your choices are McCain or one of the three remaining democrats?

McCain will not get the nod.

You mean the remaining 2 Dems - Pretty Boy Edwards is all but dead

retiredman
01-23-2008, 08:02 AM
McCain will not get the nod.

You mean the remaining 2 Dems - Pretty Boy Edwards is all but dead

you didn't answer my question: who will you vote for it McCain DOES get the nod?

red states rule
01-23-2008, 08:14 AM
you didn't answer my question: who will you vote for it McCain DOES get the nod?

No

retiredman
01-23-2008, 08:29 AM
No

so you will stay home and not vote? or will you cast your vote for the democrat?

red states rule
01-23-2008, 08:31 AM
so you will stay home and not vote? or will you cast your vote for the democrat?

I will not stay home. There are other items on the ballot to vote on

Vote for a Dem? Boy you are in need of serious help MM

retiredman
01-23-2008, 08:35 AM
I will not stay home. There are other items on the ballot to vote on

Vote for a Dem? Boy you are in need of serious help MM

that's cool. a vote not cast for McCain is almost as good as a vote cast for the democrat.

thanks for the help. I hope that all you hardcore muscular conservatives decide not to cast a vote for president!

red states rule
01-23-2008, 08:37 AM
that's cool. a vote not cast for McCain is almost as good as a vote cast for the democrat.

thanks for the help. I hope that all you hardcore muscular conservatives decide not to cast a vote for president!

Your glee is all we need as proof McCain is a liberal - that is why he will not get the nod

retiredman
01-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Your glee is all we need as proof McCain is a liberal - that is why he will not get the nod

do you think those muscular conservatives will come out and vote for Rudy?

red states rule
01-23-2008, 08:49 AM
do you think those muscular conservatives will come out and vote for Rudy?

Rudy is pretty well finished. He has run a lousy campaign. Pinning all his hopes on FL was a huge gamble

But I do like his tax cut plan.

retiredman
01-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Rudy is pretty well finished. He has run a lousy campaign. Pinning all his hopes on FL was a huge gamble

But I do like his tax cut plan.
so you didn't answer my question.

TianaBautre
01-23-2008, 05:46 PM

Exactly. It sure won't hurt my feelings.

retiredman
01-23-2008, 05:56 PM

HI gorgeous! Long Time No See!!!!

jimnyc
01-23-2008, 05:59 PM

HI gorgeous! Long Time No See!!!!

You 2 know one another?

Welcome to DP, Tiana!