PDA

View Full Version : An Awful Lot of Effort for a Beer Run

Bubbalicious
01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Fla. beer-craver smashes wall for brew (http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070110/BREAKINGNEWS/70110033/1086)

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A man who said he is an addict and would do anything to get some beer was taken into custody today on suspicion he used a hammer to smash through a wall leading to a store's refrigerator, according to FLORIDA TODAY news partner WKMG Local 6 News.

Orlando police said the unidentified man tunneled through a concrete block wall after 3:30 a.m. at Young's Food Market located on Parramore near Carter Street and crawled through.

He then smashed another bathroom wall inside the store in an attempt to get into the store's cooler.

The owner of the store, who lives above the business, heard the noise and called 9-1-1. Officers were waiting for the man when he came outside, Local 6 News reported.

The culprit ran but was brought down by a police dog.

"It kind of restores the faith that we are here to help the people," Orlando police Officer Darnel Hill said. "We actually caught a bad guy who was doing something he should not have been doing. I am sure the business owner is appreciative."

The man will be jailed after being treated at a hospital for the dog bite injury.

Gaffer
01-10-2007, 09:52 PM
yeah they got him, now the owner of the store just has to pay to have his wall repaired.

It's rare for the police to arrive when the crime is being commited. Mostly they get there after the fact.

Mr. P
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Gee don't they sell beer 24/7 in Florida?:dunno:

Bubbalicious
01-10-2007, 10:17 PM
It's rare for the police to arrive when the crime is being commited. Mostly they get there after the fact.

Well it takes a long time to tunnel through a concrete wall. The cops were probably sitting around waiting for a while.

Mr. P, I don't know about them selling beer in FL 24/7. Maybe the guy was broke. Many alkies are. If I was this guy though I think I'd just bust in through a glass window. I think that would be much faster.

Hugh Lincoln
01-13-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm not saying beer's not important. But people, control yourselves.

:pee:

Bubbalicious
01-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Welcome, Mr. Lincoln. :beer:

To whomever:
Did I start this thread in USA Politics for some reason? What was I thinking?

Gaffer
01-13-2007, 11:49 PM
It's about beer, Must have something to do with politics.

Pale Rider
01-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Welcome, Mr. Lincoln. :beer:

To whomever:
Did I start this thread in USA Politics for some reason? What was I thinking?

This section is also for "currrent events", which may or may not be political.

Pale Rider
01-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Gee don't they sell beer 24/7 in Florida?:dunno:

Not even. If my memmory serves me correctly, when I lived in Tampa, they stopped selling any kind of liquor at midnight.

Mr. P
01-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Not even. If my memmory serves me correctly, when I lived in Tampa, they stopped selling any kind of liquor at midnight.

Maybe not 24/7...but I have bought beer and liquor there on a sunday. EDIT: Errrr maybe not liquor..Can't say for sure..

Pale Rider
01-14-2007, 01:45 AM
Maybe not 24/7...but I have bought beer and liquor there on a sunday. EDIT: Errrr maybe not liquor..Can't say for sure..

Yeah I remember buying beer on Sunday and going to the beach. Can't say for sure about liquor though either.