PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC

Pale Rider
01-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Heath Ledger Found Dead in NYC

2008-01-22 18:27:51
By TOM HAYS Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) — Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan apartment, naked in bed with sleeping pills nearby, police said. The Australian-born actor was 28.

It wasn't immediately clear if Ledger had committed suicide. He had an appointment for a massage at a residence in the tony neighborhood of SoHo, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said. A housekeeper who went to let him know the massage therapist had arrived found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

A large crowd of paparazzi and gawkers gathered outside the building on an upscale block. Ledger's body was still inside, and several police officers guarded the door.

The medical examiner's office planned an autopsy Wednesday, spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said.

While not a marquee movie star, Ledger was a respected, award-winning actor who chose his roles carefully rather than cashing in on his heartthrob looks. He was nominated for an Oscar for his performance as a homo cowboy in "Slam Butt Mountain," where he met Michelle Williams, who played his wife in the film. The two had a daughter, Matilda, and lived together in Brooklyn until they split up last year.

Read the rest of the article here... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14337951&feedid=241)

Hugh Lincoln
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Like I said on USMB, this spoiled little Hollywood brat collaborated with one of the greatest smears of white culture I know of: "Brokeback Mountain." I won't weep.

NATO AIR
01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I was interested in his Joker though. A shame people waste their talent... I can only imagine the pain his family is in... and he had a kid.

Pale Rider
01-24-2008, 09:29 PM
He was going out with one of the Olson twins, and now they're saying he had a real nasty drug cocktail going on... another Anna N. Smith.

Little-Acorn
01-25-2008, 07:56 PM
The media almost always refer to him as "Brokeback Mountain" star Heath Ledger.

"Brokeback Mountain" was his least watched major film, dwarfed in ticket sales by "The Patriot", "A Knight's Tale", and several others.

But Hollywood continues to reveal its fanatical obsession with homosexuality with every announcement. Poor guy. That's what he gets for kissing the wrong asses, in more ways than one.

Yurt
01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
The media almost always refer to him as "Brokeback Mountain" star Heath Ledger.

"Brokeback Mountain" was his least watched major film, dwarfed in ticket sales by "The Patriot", "A Knight's Tale", and several others.

But Hollywood continues to reveal its fanatical obsession with homosexuality with every announcement. Poor guy. That's what he gets for kissing the wrong asses, in more ways than one.

to be honest, i saw the film, his "role" in the ass fuck scene was gross. he may be a good actor, i liked him, but if you do an ass fuck scene like that, you will be remembered.

Gaffer
01-25-2008, 08:49 PM
I didn't even know who he was. I pay no attention to "stars". If I like a movie I watch it. I rarely know who the actors are in it. Most look alike to me anyway. Most die from terminal stupidty so I don't really care or feel anything about them. Someone else will just take is place in the next faggot movie they make.

Classact
01-26-2008, 07:21 AM
I didn't even know who he was. I pay no attention to "stars". If I like a movie I watch it. I rarely know who the actors are in it. Most look alike to me anyway. Most die from terminal stupidty so I don't really care or feel anything about them. Someone else will just take is place in the next faggot movie they make.I'm exactly the same way, who is this guy, wait, who the fuck cares give me the remote. Every time the news starts talking about an idol I click to the comedy channel or CSPAN.

jimnyc
01-26-2008, 07:49 AM
I wasn't a huge fan of Ledgers but did see a few of his flicks. I gotta say, he was absolutely spectacular in "The Patriot" alongside Mel Gibson. I did see him in "10 things I hate about you" a few years back but didn't even know him then. I refused to watch Brokeback no matter how highly rated it was. And even though it wasn't that great of a movie he was pretty good in "A Knights Tale". I'm looking forward to seeing him as the Joker as I heard through the grapevine that he puts on a great performance in his last role.

Pale Rider
01-26-2008, 09:05 AM
And I just heard that his body is on it's last journey to his resting place in Australia. If the story just goes dead from this point on, I guess nobody really give a damn about the guy. I guess Anna Nichole Smith was a bigger "star" than he was. What for I have no freagin' clue.