PDA

View Full Version : Why don't I hear....

JackDaniels
01-23-2008, 02:56 AM
Why don't I hear an uproar from the so-called "conservatives" over this Keynesian "economic stimulus" package from the President. Are you Republicans so liberal that you approve of such a thing?

01-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Why don't I hear an uproar from the so-called "conservatives" over this Keynesian "economic stimulus" package from the President. Are you Republicans so liberal that you approve of such a thing?

havent been paying attention to it. quite frankly i have a life a the moment.

JackDaniels
01-24-2008, 12:54 PM
:laugh2: @ all you Liberals in the GOP.

Immanuel
01-24-2008, 12:59 PM

Hadn't heard about it until this morning.

But, from what I am reading this is coming at the hands of Nancy Pelosi, not the Republicans. I guess she thinks that if it worked for Bush in 2000, it will work for the Dems in 2008. She's probably right.

Immie

Classact
01-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Why don't I hear an uproar from the so-called "conservatives" over this Keynesian "economic stimulus" package from the President. Are you Republicans so liberal that you approve of such a thing?I made a post yesterday here http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=190656#post190656

theHawk
01-24-2008, 02:18 PM

I'm not a big fan of government handouts. Raising taxes, cutting taxes, giving out tax "rebates"....its all a dog and pony show. Meanwhile the real causes of the economic strains go unaddressed.

"Here's $600, now shut up about China's unfair trade policies."

5stringJeff
01-24-2008, 05:12 PM
I haven't been on for a while, but you're right... government handouts are worthless as economic stimulus.

Immanuel
01-24-2008, 06:30 PM
I haven't been on for a while, but you're right... government handouts are worthless as economic stimulus.

I can't believe you would say such a thing! Just think of what all that welfare money does for the beer brewers of America. Why it keeps them profitable year end and year out.

If we didn't give out all that welfare money, this country's economy really would be in the toilet, call it "Trickle Up Economics". :D

Thank you Dems.

Immie

{snickers}