01-23-2008, 04:23 AM
Story Highlights

Brianna Denison vanished from a friend's home early Sunday
Police found drops of blood on a pillow used by the 19-year-old college student
Investigators want to talk to a man who dropped off her friend at the home
Family members are pleading for Denison's safe return

Full Story.......................
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/22/missing.woman.ap/index.html

Is it just me or can we not have a day that goes by where a new woman is coming up missing? This is horrible. This time it is only twenty minutes from my house. I wonder what our country can do to protect women since this seem's to be a crisis in America right now and it's sick.

I hope this woman comes home safe and sound, but I doubt it will happen. Look at the outcome of all the recent missing person's cases. :(

Abbey Marie
01-23-2008, 11:43 AM
No, it's not just you. As the mother of a 16 year old, you can bet that I notice all of these stories. More often than not, the victims are college students. I just cannot imagine the pain these families go through.

Pale Rider
01-24-2008, 10:41 PM
And she's STILL missing, and the story is finally getting national attention.

There was a small amount of blood on a pillow she was sleeping on? I fear for her. They haven't found her yet, she's dead.

LiberalNation
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM
More often than not, the victims are college students. I just cannot imagine the pain these families go through.
Yep.

Total off topic, why you got to be 21 to buy a handgun but only 18 for shotguns/rifles. Not that a pistol would be much help in these cases, your not allowed to have them on school grounds/facilities anyway. I just like guns, not so much shooting rifles/shotguns, they're heavy and most kick but light handguns are fun to target shoot with.

nevadamedic
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM
And she's STILL missing, and the story is finally getting national attention.

There was a small amount of blood on a pillow she was sleeping on? I fear for her. They haven't found her yet, she's dead.

It was on Fox News from day two.

Yep.

Total off topic, why you got to be 21 to buy a handgun but only 18 for shotguns/rifles. Not that a pistol would be much help in these cases, your not allowed to have them on school grounds/facilities anyway. I just like guns, not so much shooting rifles/shotguns, they're heavy and most kick but light handguns are fun to target shoot with.

Because handguns are easy to conceal.

LiberalNation
01-25-2008, 11:23 AM
A sawed off shotgun can be concealed.

nevadamedic
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
A sawed off shotgun can be concealed.

Those are extremly illegal.

LiberalNation
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
So is buying a hand gun if your under 21. People are gona get creative when one thing is banned but other option are easily out there.

Little-Acorn
01-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Those are extremly illegal.

Not at all. You just need a background check, a zillion sets of fingerprints, a special tax stamp, and a $200 check for you friendly neighborhood Feds, when you buy one. And you have to wait about half a year (truth!) for them to process your application. And Gawd help you if there are any typos in your paperwork, by you or by them.

But sawing off the barrels on a shotgun that used to be long enough, THAT'S a felony that will land you in jail for a very long time. You can give the Fed a dozen clean background checks, all the fingerprints they want, and a check for two MILLION dollars, and they'll still clap you in Federal prison so fast you'll barely have time to stretch your cheeks.

------------------------------------

As for the missing person... when was the last time an otherwise-unremarkable ugly, balding, middle-aged fat guy went missing and wound up on national news because of it?

The present case is dreadful, as are all such. But the reporting of it is pure titillation, not "news". It's how Fox keeps their token solo liberal commentator in business - she'd be unemployed if not for missing pretty young women.