PDA

View Full Version : Hillary VS Obama - Top Dems Worried

stephanie
01-22-2008, 11:28 PM
what a doofus..:poke:

Posted January 22, 2008 8 :50 PM
An email attributed to Sen. John Kerry, the former 2004 Democratic presidential nominee sent out by the Barack Obama campaign, took on those that would 'swiftboat' Obama.

Kerry, saying in the email that "this is personal for me, and for a whole lot of Americans who lived through the 2004 election," tells Obama supporters that "we must stop the swiftboating, stop the push-polling, stop the front groups, and stop the email chain smears.

"The truth matters, but how you fight the lies matters even more. We must be determined never again to lose any election to a lie."

"These are the same tactics the right has used again and again, and as we've learned, these attacks, no matter how bogus, can spread and take root if they go unchecked."

"But not this time -- we're fighting back."

Kerry says that Obama "can't do it alone."

"We need you to email the truth to your address books. Print it out and post it at work. Talk to your neighbors. Call your local radio station. Write a letter to the editor. If lies can be spread virally, let's prove to the cynics that the truth can be every bit as persuasive as it is powerful."

The email makes you wonder, who Kerry is targeting as the culprit.

Is this directed at the Clinton’s? He alludes to the ‘right’ but clearly he is referring to primary race tactics.

The gloves, as they say, are off.

article at..
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/blogs/primarycolors/index.php?archive=January%202008

theHawk
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I love it. The yahoo liberal wing of the Democratic party yelling,"we must stop free speech!!!!"

Dilloduck
01-22-2008, 11:31 PM
what a doofus..:poke:

Posted January 22, 2008 8 :50 PM
An email attributed to Sen. John Kerry, the former 2004 Democratic presidential nominee sent out by the Barack Obama campaign, took on those that would 'swiftboat' Obama.

Kerry, saying in the email that "this is personal for me, and for a whole lot of Americans who lived through the 2004 election," tells Obama supporters that "we must stop the swiftboating, stop the push-polling, stop the front groups, and stop the email chain smears.

"The truth matters, but how you fight the lies matters even more. We must be determined never again to lose any election to a lie."

"These are the same tactics the right has used again and again, and as we've learned, these attacks, no matter how bogus, can spread and take root if they go unchecked."

"But not this time -- we're fighting back."

Kerry says that Obama "can't do it alone."

"We need you to email the truth to your address books. Print it out and post it at work. Talk to your neighbors. Call your local radio station. Write a letter to the editor. If lies can be spread virally, let's prove to the cynics that the truth can be every bit as persuasive as it is powerful."

The email makes you wonder, who Kerry is targeting as the culprit.

Is this directed at the Clinton’s? He alludes to the ‘right’ but clearly he is referring to primary race tactics.

The gloves, as they say, are off.

article at..
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/blogs/primarycolors/index.php?archive=January%202008

I had to quit reading when he said "truth matters" :lol:

typomaniac
01-23-2008, 01:16 AM
When did Romney stop beating his wife?

red states rule
01-23-2008, 07:02 AM
Oh boy, Obama better watch out. Now John Kerry is getting ticked over the continuing feud he has with Hillary and is willing to "help" him and Tom Daschle is offering his "assistance"

How will these losers help Obama? Or do they want to help the Clintons?

Hillary-Obama feud alarms party officials
By Christina Bellantoni
January 23, 2008
So much for that truce.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama are increasingly going after each other, prompting top Democrats to warn they are muddying the party's image in advance of the general election.

Sen. John Kerry, the 2004 Democratic nominee whose campaign was hurt by Republican-funded "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" ads, yesterday told voters he will help Mr. Obama fend off attacks.

"The truth matters, but how you fight the lies matters even more. We must be determined never again to lose any election to a lie," he said in an e-mail to supporters.

The message does not mention Mrs. Clinton, but notes the anonymous e-mails that are circulating that question Mr. Obama's Christian faith and said, "We're fighting back.

"The fight is just heating up — we won't let them steal this election with lies and distortions," Mr. Kerry said.

Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, a South Dakota Democrat who backs Mr. Obama, said yesterday the Clinton attack of "incredible distortions" is similar to what he has seen Republicans deploy.

"It destroys the party ultimately," said Mr. Daschle, who was defeated after a bitter election in 2004. He predicted the nasty tone will have a "huge lasting effect down the road ... if it doesn't stop soon."

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080123/NATION/218849601/1001

Immanuel
01-23-2008, 12:25 PM
I love it. The yahoo liberal wing of the Democratic party yelling,"we must stop free speech!!!!"

I'm sorry... :dunno: but what is so different about that? They do it ALL the time.

I'm confused you sound as if this is any different than something that happens everyday. Can you please explain what you mean here?

Immie

hjmick
01-23-2008, 12:37 PM
When did Romney stop beating his wife?

Romney beats his wife? That's a hell of an accusation. Do you happen to have a link to back up this allegation? I'd be interested in reading the story.

gabosaurus
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Perhaps you should post the ENTIRE e-mail. As opposed to cherry picking the parts that the "mainstream media" wishes to point out.
Of course, that would detract from your normal course of stirring up shit and slapping down all things that are not conservative and Republican.

Dear gabriella,

Stand Up and Take ActionI support Barack Obama because he doesn't seek to perfect the politics of Swiftboating -- he seeks to end it.

This is personal for me, and for a whole lot of Americans who lived through the 2004 election.

As a veteran, it disgusts me that the Swift Boats we loved while we were in uniform on the Mekong Delta have been rendered, in Karl Rove's twisted politics, an ugly verb meaning to lie about someone's character just to win an election. But as someone who cares about winning this election and changing the country I love, I know it's not enough to complain about a past we can't change when our challenge is to win the future -- which is why we must stop the Swiftboating, stop the push-polling, stop the front groups, and stop the email chain smears.

The truth matters, but how you fight the lies matters even more. We must be determined never again to lose any election to a lie.

This year, the attacks are already starting. Some of you may have heard about the disgusting lies about Barack Obama that are being circulated by email. These attacks smear Barack's Christian faith and deep patriotism, and they distort his record of more than two decades of public service. They are nothing short of "Swiftboat" style anonymous attacks.

These are the same tactics the right has used again and again, and as we've learned, these attacks, no matter how bogus, can spread and take root if they go unchecked.

But not this time -- we're fighting back.

And when I say "we," I mean that literally. I know Barack is committed to fighting every smear every time. He'll fight hard and stand up for the truth. But he can't do it alone.

We need you to email the truth to your address books. Print it out and post it at work. Talk to your neighbors. Call your local radio station. Write a letter to the editor. If lies can be spread virally, let's prove to the cynics that the truth can be every bit as persuasive as it is powerful.

The Obama campaign has created a place where you can find the truth you'll need to push back on these smears and a way to spread the truth to all of your address book.

Take action here:

http://my.barackobama.com/factcheckaction

So when your inbox fills up with trash and the emails of smear and fear, find the facts, and help defeat the lies.

Barack Obama is committed to bringing our country together to meet the challenges we face, but he knows that power gives up nothing without a struggle -- and to win the chance to change America, we must first defeat the hateful tactics that have been used to tear us apart for too long.

With your help, we can turn the page on an era of small, divisive politics -- but only if next time you hear these attacks on Barack, you take action immediately:

The fight is just heating up -- we won't let them steal this election with lies and distortions.

truthmatters
01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
There is a new book out about just those kinds of tactics.

gabosaurus
01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Nice article by the Moony Press. Too bad they are full of shit. As usual.

theHawk
01-23-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm sorry... :dunno: but what is so different about that? They do it ALL the time.

I'm confused you sound as if this is any different than something that happens everyday. Can you please explain what you mean here?

Immie

They don't actually say it all the time, but when their emotions run high they let it slip out, just like Kerry did here. I'm just saying I get a kick out of it when liberals go on a rant about not letting people 'lie' about them. When they say stuff like that it makes is sound as if they secretly hate freedom of speech. They get like this when they are unable to respond to attacks on them. If its a lie, then why don't they just point out the truth?....because they can't. The liberals absolutely hate it when anyone points out their own history. Unfortunatly for them most Americans view a record as truth, and not an "attack".

Do you remember when ABC was going to air its Path to 9/11 TV movie? The liberals were going apeshit demanding ABC pull the movie. Of course if some movie or show offends conservatives we're all told to shut up and turn it to a different channel. The whole uproar was over a scene depicting "Sandy" Berger calling off an airstrike on AQ. The same Sandy Berger that got caught red-handed stealing and destroying secret documents out of the national archives. According to the libs, ABC did not have the right to protray Berger in such a way.....guess that First Amendment thing is only valid when they OK the message.

stephanie
01-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Perhaps you should post the ENTIRE e-mail. As opposed to cherry picking the parts that the "mainstream media" wishes to point out.
Of course, that would detract from your normal course of stirring up shit and slapping down all things that are not conservative and Republican.

:laugh2:

Kerry is "STILL A DOOFUS"...
And don't forget who is doing this so called 'swiftboating' of Obambam....Your alls OWN PARTY...the Democrats..

typomaniac
01-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Romney beats his wife? That's a hell of an accusation. Do you happen to have a link to back up this allegation? I'd be interested in reading the story.

Would you settle for a link of him abusing puppy dogs?

Monkeybone
01-23-2008, 04:27 PM

i would!

typomaniac
01-23-2008, 04:28 PM
i would!

My pleasure! :)

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1638065,00.html

hjmick
01-23-2008, 04:32 PM

Hell, I already knew about that. Quite moronic if you ask me.

typomaniac
01-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Hell, I already knew about that.You're not the one who asked, Mick. :poke:

Quite moronic if you ask me.That someone would dare to criticize **THE GREAT MITT**?

hjmick
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
You're not the one who asked, Mick. :poke:

Yeah, but it was still fun to type.

That someone would dare to criticize **THE GREAT MITT**?

No, that the doofus would strap his dog to the roof of his car. Criticize him all you want, that doesn't bother me.

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 05:56 PM
"we must stop free speech!!!!"

Where in that post does it say that?

Yurt
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM

:lol:

thats the best you have? something from 1983....where the article NEVER mentioned exactly how the dog was physically harmed....

:gay:

this dog looks real "abused"

http://www.dogjokes.co.uk/images/cardog.jpg

Yurt
01-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Where in that post does it say that?

we must stop the swiftboating, stop the push-polling, stop the front groups, and stop the email chain smears.

they are only "smears" to him because the truth was told and the swiftboating sunk his presidential bid. political speech should not be stopped like this. that is the stop free speech ....

typomaniac
01-24-2008, 01:48 AM
they are only "smears" to him because the truth was told and the swiftboating sunk his presidential bid. political speech should not be stopped like this. that is the stop free speech ....

Your idea of truth, as you love to put it, is totally :gay:

Sitarro
01-24-2008, 02:50 AM

Without pictures to see what the rig was like or knowledge of how often they stopped and walked the dog, whether the dog was actually allowed to ride part of the trip with the family, etc. etc. how would the author of this hit piece know how the dog was truly treated. People put pet carriers in the back of pickups that aren't even tied down, what would make this more unsafe. People also put their dogs and cats in the dark and cold baggage compartment of airliners and fly 14 hours nonstop from Japan...... what about them? I have unloaded many that had crapped all over the place.

I wouldn't make a dog of mine ride anywhere but in the vehicle with me but I love my animals and like them near me. I am sure if I would have been seen by a PETA nut while I drove my wide open jeep, windshield down, with my 2 Afghan Hounds, I would be accused of cruelty also. One would sit in the front passenger seat and the other(older of the 2) would jump back and forth across the back bed of the jeep. Every once in awhile she would fall out but would always grab the tail gate and hang on while I would reach back and pull her back in. They loved riding in the jeep. As my older one aged she would sometimes lose it in the back, must of had to do with the vibration........ I would find out when the smell drifted forward and other drivers were driving by pointing and laughing. It was a jeep and was easily blasted clean at the nearest car wash, no big deal. I was also about 22 at the time.
Those were fun times...... thanks for reminding me.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

stephanie
01-24-2008, 04:05 AM
Without pictures to see what the rig was like or knowledge of how often they stopped and walked the dog, whether the dog was actually allowed to ride part of the trip with the family, etc. etc. how would the author of this hit piece know how the dog was truly treated. People put pet carriers in the back of pickups that aren't even tied down, what would make this more unsafe. People also put their dogs and cats in the dark and cold baggage compartment of airliners and fly 14 hours nonstop from Japan...... what about them? I have unloaded many that had crapped all over the place.

I wouldn't make a dog of mine ride anywhere but in the vehicle with me but I love my animals and like them near me. I am sure if I would have been seen by a PETA nut while I drove my wide open jeep, windshield down, with my 2 Afghan Hounds, I would be accused of cruelty also. One would sit in the front passenger seat and the other(older of the 2) would jump back and forth across the back bed of the jeep. Every once in awhile she would fall out but would always grab the tail gate and hang on while I would reach back and pull her back in. They loved riding in the jeep. As my older one aged she would sometimes lose it in the back, must of had to do with the vibration........ I would find out when the smell drifted forward and other drivers were driving by pointing and laughing. It was a jeep and was easily blasted clean at the nearest car wash, no big deal. I was also about 22 at the time.
Those were fun times...... thanks for reminding me.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm calling PETA on you...you bad boy..
All my dogs love the back of our pickemup trucks...They wouldn't have it any other way..:laugh2:

Yurt
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Your idea of truth, as you love to put it, is totally :gay:

that's the best you can do for a rebuttal?

you have to admit my point was solid, hence your :gay: response :)

typomaniac
01-25-2008, 02:56 PM
that's the best you can do for a rebuttal?

you have to admit my point was solid, hence your :gay: response :)

You never had a point, except maybe that you like watching swiftboating. :slap:

Abbey Marie
01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
It does seem wrong to have an animal ride that many hours on top of a fast-moving car.