PDA

View Full Version : Why is this board split into so many different sections?

SpidermanTUba
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Theres a politics section, a war on terrorism section, an election 2008 section a current events section, etc. etc.

Seems like it would be easier to stimulate discussion if you put all that together. That way I don't have to visit half a dozen sections to find something interesting to read.

MtnBiker
01-23-2008, 09:08 PM
That way I don't have to visit half a dozen sections to find something interesting to read.

You have posted in at least 7 different section today. It must not be to difficult for you.

jimnyc
01-23-2008, 09:19 PM
If someone comes here to discuss the current elections, they don't want to sift through pages of discussion to find what they are looking for. Same for the other topics. Nobody wants to read endless pages of debates about the war or political differences if they are looking for a history subject they posted in previously. When and if I see a particular topic not getting any attention than I generally will find another suitable forum to merge it into.

But most importantly, it's because I ask the community from time to time what they like and don't like and based on feedback I create/delete forums.

LiberalNation
01-23-2008, 09:24 PM
I think my rant thread should be stickified so I don't hafta keep searching for it.

hjmick
01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
I think my rant thread should be stickified so I don't hafta keep searching for it.

Are you kidding? That's exactly why it's not stickied, we all keep hoping you'll lose it! :D ;)

LiberalNation
01-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Never, few hundred more posts and it'll be up top in the stats.

82Marine89
01-23-2008, 09:39 PM

Are you kidding? That's exactly why it's not stickied, we all keep hoping you'll lose it! :D ;)

Does that mean it's been stinkified? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
01-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Theres a politics section, a war on terrorism section, an election 2008 section a current events section, etc. etc.

Seems like it would be easier to stimulate discussion if you put all that together. That way I don't have to visit half a dozen sections to find something interesting to read.

I love all the compartmentalization.

Apart from a few more forum titles, you are reading the same number of words, whether they are all in one section, or broken into categories. It does require a few more clicks of the mouse, though. But I'll bet you can handle that. :)

Yurt
01-23-2008, 11:42 PM
if the topics were not categorized and seperated, guess what, you would still be clicking multiple times in order to scroll through multiple "pages."

Mr. P
01-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Why is this board split into so many different sections?

To confuse mindless liberals. :poke:

01-24-2008, 09:19 AM

Please note, i have resisted the urge to use sarcasm in response to this question.

To answer, its much easier to have it divided by sections so eveyone can know exactly where to look to find the topics they are looking for. It also makes it more difficult for posters to spam topics and threads because they have to look through several different forums.

Nukeman
01-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Please note, i have resisted the urge to use sarcasm in response to this question.

To answer, its much easier to have it divided by sections so eveyone can know exactly where to look to find the topics they are looking for. It also makes it more difficult for posters to spam topics and threads because they have to look through several different forums.

You know Avatar if it was just one big board and no sub-catagories than Tuba would be bitching that he had to sift through everything to find any one topic. He just wants to bitch about soemthing all the time...