PDA

View Full Version : Smear Campaign Against Obama Will Elect McCain Or Romney

NATO AIR
01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
One Dem who thinks the Clintons are screwing it up for the party..

http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/coffeehouse/2008/jan/23/smear_campaign_against_obama_could_elect_mccain_or _romney

By M.J. Rosenberg | bio
I didn't think that there was a way Democrats could fail to win the Presidency in 2008.

But I underestimated us.

We not only can lose the election; at this point, I think we will.

I have been writing for weeks that I believe that the injection of race into the campaign was not an accident. Nor is the campaign in the Jewish and Christian communities to label Obama a Muslim fundamentalist. Nor the accidental-on-purpose references to drugs or even to Obama's youth (older than both Clinton and JFK when they ran, why is Obama's youth a negative?).

In fact, virtually the entire campaign against him has been smear and innuendo with a racial subtext.

It better stop, but I expect it won't. It won't stop because after Iowa it was decided that Obama could not be defeated fair and square. So fair and square went out the window.

The result?

A Republican victory especially if McCain is the nominee and pledges to serve only one term.

MtnBiker
01-24-2008, 11:29 AM
A Republican victory especially if McCain is the nominee and pledges to serve only one term.

The author lost me there, why would McCain pledge to serve only one term? He has already said on the campaign trail that he would not pledge to serve only one term, that it would make him an instant lame duck and the republicans would probably not want to vote for a canidate that would only serve one term. Other than that the author may be on to something.

NATO AIR
01-24-2008, 11:35 AM
The author lost me there, why would McCain pledge to serve only one term? He has already said on the campaign trail that he would not pledge to serve only one term, that it would make him an instant lame duck and the republicans would probably not want to vote for a canidate that would only serve one term. Other than that the author may be on to something.

I agree. He's a Dem though, he's going for wishful thinking on the one term.