PDA

View Full Version : Video captures jailhouse abuse

LiberalNation
01-24-2008, 12:13 PM
I could see it if he was fighting but once strapped in a chair why keep beating up on him and not let him just sit there and cool down.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080124/ap_on_re_us/inmate_police_struggle;_ylt=AiHz2siECgmOfWVcTLYBwD ZvzwcF

SANTA ANA, Calif. - A man who was arrested by Orange County deputies was stripped of his pants, strapped to a chair, Tasered repeatedly while in handcuffs and slammed to the floor with a knee to his head, a newly released videotape shows.

The 13-minute video, given to The Associated Press on Wednesday by the man's attorney, was taken in March 2006 after Matthew Fleuret was arrested during a barroom brawl in San Clemente.

His attorney, Stephen Bernard, has filed a $47 million lawsuit against the county, and recently obtained the grainy footage during preparation for the trial. The tape begins with silent, black-and-white footage from a stationary security camera and then moves to colored footage with audio taken by a sheriff's deputy using a handheld video recorder.

Fleuret, a construction worker, was not charged and was released within 24 hours, the attorney said. He has no criminal record, Bernard said. He said Fleuret, 24, was not available to be interviewed because the case is pending.

Sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino referred calls to Bill Haluck, an attorney for the county. Haluck did not return calls for comment.

Susan Schroeder, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office, said her office has received no complaints about Fleuret's treatment and has not launched an investigation.

Arrest and booking records show that deputies fired a stun gun at Fleuret at least 10 times in the county jail. The arresting officer wrote that he sprayed Fleuret twice with pepper spray and hit him in the legs with a baton as he tried to break up a fight at the bar.

Psychoblues
01-27-2008, 04:43 AM
Have you ever been or known anybody in law enforcement, Ln? I've been there. I had to get out of it for exactly what is depicted in the cruelty and inhumaneness as is demonstrated in the video.

nevadamedic
01-27-2008, 05:16 AM
Have you ever been or known anybody in law enforcement, Ln? I've been there. I had to get out of it for exactly what is depicted in the cruelty and inhumaneness as is demonstrated in the video.

Now you were a cop two? Was that between your many tours fighting in the military or around the time you were some big musician?

Pale Rider
01-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Now you were a cop two? Was that between your many tours fighting in the military or around the time you were some big musician?

It's "too," nm, not "two."

But to answer your question, I think it was between the time Pb was an astronaut and an under water welder. :laugh: