PDA

View Full Version : making money

01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
anyone got any good ideas to make good money to tide me by till i start my new job? i probably only need a few hundred dollars and i just dont know where to get it at the moment.

darin
01-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Paper Route. :) My wife made $1000/month plus $.35? per mile in 'depreciation' on her taxes. On Paper, the route "cost us" $5000 for the year. :)

She worked 3-3.5hrs per night.

dan
01-24-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure where you're at Avatar, but craigslist has a pretty good selection of one-time jobs that would probably get you at least a couple hundred bucks. I've only known one guy who ever took jobs through there, and I only "knew" him through a message board, but he made pretty good cash just doing random odds and ends for people. One time, he just had to wait in line for some yuppie so he could get the IPhone the day it came out, and he got paid something like $500, I think.

Darin, I have a friend who's a paperboy, and he had to actually become basically an independent contractor. He buys all of the papers himself (at a discount rate, of course), then delivers them. He's in charge of getting all the money himself, and gets to keep everything he gets, but the big, obvious problem is that he has nobody to direct the many stupid issues to (i.e. old ladies who are convinced he ran over flowers, demands to be repaid for it, old man doesn't like the stuff they choose for the front page, so he won't pay for the papers, etc.). Is that how it was for Mary?

darin
01-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Mary worked for a contractor...she just drove out to a place, got the papers and drove off. He cut her a paycheck, monthly.

Yurt
01-24-2008, 06:32 PM
how long till your new job? document review can get some bucks pretty quick, depending on scope of project. also, i know there are some online companies that pay you to surf the net, i think a few hundred would be somewhat easy to get... or the "mysterious" shopper ones, always thought that would be fun to get paid to do that

darin
01-24-2008, 06:52 PM
You could donate plasma...or other...stuff.....

01-24-2008, 06:56 PM
how long till your new job? document review can get some bucks pretty quick, depending on scope of project. also, i know there are some online companies that pay you to surf the net, i think a few hundred would be somewhat easy to get... or the "mysterious" shopper ones, always thought that would be fun to get paid to do that

two three weeks tops. document review projects ive seen are usually several months.

dan
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
two three weeks tops. document review projects ive seen are usually several months.

Temp service, maybe? I know that's a huge step backwards for you, career-wise, though.

Trinity
01-24-2008, 07:41 PM
sell stuff you have laying around your house that you don't use anymore on ebay.

Do your research first to make sure it is an item that will sell. I have done that many times when I have been short on cash. The Christmas before last I had no idea where i was going to come up with money for Christmas I started selling things I did not use on eBay and made about $600.00 in one month and ended up only spending about $150.00 of it for the boy's for Christmas and got them every thing they asked for.

01-24-2008, 07:55 PM
sell stuff you have laying around your house that you don't use anymore on ebay.

Do your research first to make sure it is an item that will sell. I have done that many times when I have been short on cash. The Christmas before last I had no idea where i was going to come up with money for Christmas I started selling things I did not use on eBay and made about $600.00 in one month and ended up only spending about $150.00 of it for the boy's for Christmas and got them every thing they asked for.

i am working on that. but most of what i have are books and movies that no one really wants lol

LiberalNation
01-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Donate/Sell your blood, it'll only get you a little cash but it's something. Beg it off family/friends, that how I get money. Odd jobs.

Mr. P
01-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Yer in Philly, lots of Hoes, be a Pimp! Could be benefits too. :lol:

Dilloduck
01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Be courier or driver !!---always looking for them here .