PDA

View Full Version : 2010-12-21 Long calendar

Classact
01-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Did anyone see the History Channel program last night on the Aztec Long Calendar? It was very well put together and predicts the end of time or doomsday based on astrology.

Nukeman
01-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Did anyone see the History Channel program last night on the Aztec Long Calendar? It was very well put together and predicts the end of time or doomsday based on astrology.Actually it doesn't predict "doom" or the end of time. It is the time of a new begining or change if you will.

The Aztec calander has been counting down sicne its inseption and has always been the time of change. Some have taken this to mean the end of time, but in their culture it is a change to something new...
So I've been told!!!:coffee:

Classact
01-25-2008, 10:37 AM
ACtually it diesn't predict "doom" or the end of time. It is the time of a new begining or change if you will.

The Aztec calendar has been counting down sicne its inseption and has always been the time of change. Some have taken this to mean the end of time, but in their culture it is a change to something new...
So I've been told!!!:coffee:Yes, there were different conclusions presented at the end of the program. Yet, I was a little concerned by the symbol of water and the underworld spouting fire... It was explained that the sun will be in the center of the milky way and that could cause an earth wobble on its magnetic axis... my mind went drifting and thought what a wobble of the earth could cause... like a spinning top a wobble could cause the oceans to cover lands and the forces could cause earthquakes and result in eruptions of lava... the fire from the underworld.

Yurt
01-25-2008, 12:05 PM
has the calendar successfully predicted anything so far?

dan
01-25-2008, 12:35 PM
has the calendar successfully predicted anything so far?

Probably. Broken clock's right twice a day.

Classact
01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Probably. Broken clock's right twice a day.Actually, on the show they mentioned more predictions than Nostradamus and more clearly predicted. If you get the HISTORY CHANNEL it will probably play again this weekend.

Classact
01-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Here's a link to help you out if you want to see the program http://www.history.com/schedule.do?action=daily&start=1201219200000&end=1201224600000

Decoding The Past: Mayan Doomsday Prophecy
The world is coming to an end on December 21, 2012! The ancient Maya made this stunning prediction more than 2,000 years ago. We'll peel back the layers of mystery and examine in detail how the Maya calculated the exact date of doomsday. Journey back to the ancient city of Chichen Itza, the hub of Maya civilization deep in the heart of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, to uncover the truth about this prophecy. The Maya were legendary astronomers and timekeepers--their calendar is more accurate than our own. By tracking the stars and planets they assigned great meaning to astronomical phenomena and made extraordinary predictions based on them--many of which have come true. Could their doomsday prophecy be one of them? In insightful interviews archaeologists, astrologers, and historians speculate on the meaning of the 2012 prophecy. Their answers are as intriguing as the questions.

dan
01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Actually, on the show they mentioned more predictions than Nostradamus and more clearly predicted. If you get the HISTORY CHANNEL it will probably play again this weekend.

I might check it out, but I don't believe anything Nostradamus said, so that's not really much of a selling point. He made so many predictions, of course he would get some things right at certain points.

Yurt
01-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Actually, on the show they mentioned more predictions than Nostradamus and more clearly predicted. If you get the HISTORY CHANNEL it will probably play again this weekend.

could you tell me which ones were successfully predicted? I don't watch much TV on the weekend, unless sunday night. tx.

darin
01-25-2008, 06:42 PM
At least it'll be after my birthday that year. :)

Nice.

Gaffer
01-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Predictions are all a matter of interpretation. That's how they get around being wrong. The end of the calender simply meant it would be time to start a new calendar.

pegwinn
01-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Predictions are all a matter of interpretation. That's how they get around being wrong. The end of the calender simply meant it would be time to start a new calendar.

Will the new one have girls on it?

In bikinis?

manu1959
01-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Will the new one have girls on it?

In bikinis?

you could always order the page 3 calendar...........

Classact
01-26-2008, 01:55 PM
could you tell me which ones were successfully predicted? I don't watch much TV on the weekend, unless sunday night. tx.The calendar is over 5,000 years period and broken into five cycles and the cycles coincided with events like famine, war and natural disaster and the narrator linked world events to the predictions of the calendar. The reason I found it interesting is the accuracy of measuring cycles... the calendar is supposedly more accurate than our calendar and the prediction of astronomy cycles are baffling to modern science according to the source.

Yurt
01-26-2008, 02:02 PM
The calendar is over 5,000 years period and broken into five cycles and the cycles coincided with events like famine, war and natural disaster and the narrator linked world events to the predictions of the calendar. The reason I found it interesting is the accuracy of measuring cycles... the calendar is supposedly more accurate than our calendar and the prediction of astronomy cycles are baffling to modern science according to the source.

interesting, i'll try to watch it or read up on it

Classact
01-27-2008, 01:16 PM
interesting, i'll try to watch it or read up on it

Anyone interested The program just came on History channel just now.