nevadamedic
01-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Story Highlights

"Rock Band" video game has many fans
Game lets non-musical people perform as if they have talent
Winners get a classier virtual tour bus, better venues
Players pick character-- punk, earthy babe, pretty boy

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/01/16/rock.star.gamers/index.html

Has anyone played this? I am thinking about getting an X-Box 360 just to get this and Guitar Hero, I've heard good things about that game. What songs are on Guitar Hero?

dan
01-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Story Highlights

Has anyone played this? I am thinking about getting an X-Box 360 just to get this and Guitar Hero, I've heard good things about that game. What songs are on Guitar Hero?

If you search Guitar Hero on Wikipedia, it gives a full track list for each game (there's 3 of them, and an 80's "bonus" game). I would think if you're going to put the money into Rock Star, you probably don't want to bother getting Guitar Hero, but maybe. All depends on your personal taste, music-wise, because it's basically the same game, minus Rock Star's drums and microphone.

Thing is, between the 360 ($350 now?), Rock Star ($170, I think), and Guitar Hero ($80, I believe), you're looking at quite an investment.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Story Highlights

it is an absolute blast....my wife now throws friday night potluck parties and our friends who are now hooked as well....come over and play and sing.....

nevadamedic
02-06-2008, 01:28 AM
If you search Guitar Hero on Wikipedia, it gives a full track list for each game (there's 3 of them, and an 80's "bonus" game). I would think if you're going to put the money into Rock Star, you probably don't want to bother getting Guitar Hero, but maybe. All depends on your personal taste, music-wise, because it's basically the same game, minus Rock Star's drums and microphone.

Thing is, between the 360 ($350 now?), Rock Star ($170, I think), and Guitar Hero ($80, I believe), you're looking at quite an investment.

Well, I was planning on getting a 360 or a Playstation 3 anyways. I just can't decide. I also want a Wii. I love Final Fantasy Games and I love Halo , so it's a split.

Don't they have a couple different versions of Guitar Hero?

it is an absolute blast....my wife now throws friday night potluck parties and our friends who are now hooked as well....come over and play and sing.....

Sounds like fun. :dance:

dan
02-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Don't they have a couple different versions of Guitar Hero?

Well, they have the 3 actual games (GH, GH II, and GH III) and GH Rocks the 80's, which is all 80's songs. I know you can buy the games with or without the guitar, but beyond that, I don't know of any other different versions. The track lists are slightly different between systems, too (five or six songs are different between the systems).

I'd say definitely go with the 360. The PS3 still doesn't have a ton of games to make it worth the money, plus Playstation's online component might as well be nonexistent.

dreamath
05-31-2008, 01:05 AM
I was banned for spamming. Please someone kick my spamming butt, I deserve it.