PDA

View Full Version : Women leave town and children in hands of men

Yurt
01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Women leave town and children in hands of men

TORONTO (Reuters) - What would happen if all the women were to disappear from a town, leaving the men to not only work, but also take care of the family and the home?

The exodus was part of a social experiment filmed for Canada's national broadcaster, the CBC. Touted as an exploration of gender issues in contemporary Canadian culture, "The Week the Women Went" is based on a BBC program by the same name.

Recent government statistics show that 70 percent of Canadian households are run by women. The majority of these women also hold full-time jobs.

In Hardisty, an oil-patch town in the prairie province of Alberta where the program was shot, many of the men work away from home for days at a time.

And the show has sparked discussion. Local media called it "sexist" and debate online has been lively.

"What a misandric (man hating) idea for show," said a viewer identified as Andrew. "What is wrong with Canadian society that we need to continuously promote how important women are to society at the expense of men."

What if all the men left (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080125/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_women;_ylt=AhRlnKUm2rPwuEAHrBpG6UoEtbAF)

I have no problem appreciating women, however, it is true that society as a whole belittled the male role and the male himself in order that there be so-called equality. I think the idea of this show is plain stupid. It is not "reality" far from it. You can't simply take two people, form a family, without or without children and then yank one spouse away and say --- see, that is what life is like without her. BS, if you never had her, your life would of course be different, but not as if she was instantly yanked away.

Abbey Marie
01-25-2008, 01:36 PM
They only left for one week? What does that prove? Anyone can handle change and almost any deprivation, for one week.

Hagbard Celine
01-25-2008, 02:36 PM
This is stupid

Dilloduck
01-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Anything to make a buck. Sad thing is that people watch it.

Yurt
01-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Anything to make a buck. Sad thing is that people watch it.

true dat. last night or weds night, whatever, the night i was fixing my stereo system, the show where you get money if you tell the truth came on, well... i left it on, it was after AI that we watched, and did not have the heart to get up from behind my system to change the channel and after listening to it for 10 minutes, i then sat down and watched it for 20.

admit, like watching a train wreck, my mind says -- no, not intellectual -- stupid --turn--now, but no, i watched :)

i kept thinking, who, just who, would do this show.

Said1
01-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Is it possible that after the five days, the husbands might appreciate all the hardwork their wives perform? Wow, you're all right. What a stupid idea, and terrible waste of money. Nothing positive could come from such outdated concept.

actsnoblemartin
01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
all men leave, toys

all women leave, suicide

:lol:

manu1959
01-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Is it possible that after the five days, the husbands might appreciate all the hardwork their wives perform? Wow, you're all right. What a stupid idea, and terrible waste of money. Nothing positive could come from such outdated concept.

if the women are not appreciated they should leave for good.....

if the men are not appreciated they should leave for good.....

it is a partnership.....

Said1
01-25-2008, 07:44 PM

it is a partnership.....

To each their own.

Dilloduck
01-25-2008, 07:47 PM

it is a partnership.....

Well they could replace all the women who left with different women and after a couple of weeks the men could chose which one he wanted to stay. That would be exciting. :laugh2:

Trigg
01-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Well they could replace all the women who left with different women and after a couple of weeks the men could chose which one he wanted to stay. That would be exciting. :laugh2:

They do that already with wife swap and they usually can't wait for their wives to come home.

actsnoblemartin
01-26-2008, 04:53 PM
hahaha

:laugh2:

They do that already with wife swap and they usually can't wait for their wives to come home.

Yurt
01-26-2008, 07:57 PM

do you think it takes men leaving for a resort to be appreciated?

Said1
01-27-2008, 03:29 PM
do you think it takes men leaving for a resort to be appreciated?

In some instances, yes. Why do you ask?

Yurt
01-27-2008, 05:33 PM
In some instances, yes. Why do you ask?

just wondering

Said1
01-27-2008, 06:22 PM
just wondering

What kind of cross-exam is that? :laugh2:

I would have said "is it fair to say that you're sympathetic to feminist struggles. So much that it would be accurate to say you might even align yourself with a group of women who identify themselves as such? Feminists that is. Women who identify themselves as feminists. Feminists who are anit-men and feel that society, as much as it has changed is still partriaricha and, that's badl. Would that be a fair and accurate description of your beliefs?" :laugh2:

j/ks

Yurt
01-27-2008, 08:18 PM
What kind of cross-exam is that? :laugh2:

I would have said "is it fair to say that you're sympathetic to feminist struggles. So much that it would be accurate to say you might even align yourself with a group of women who identify themselves as such? Feminists that is. Women who identify themselves as feminists. Feminists who are anit-men and feel that society, as much as it has changed is still partriaricha and, that's badl. Would that be a fair and accurate description of your beliefs?" :laugh2:

j/ks

it worked, you spilled the beans :D

Said1
01-27-2008, 08:57 PM
it worked, you spilled the beans :D

Ha. I failed to confirm the fairness and the accuracy of those statements. :finger3: