PDA

View Full Version : stop u.n. bias against israel

actsnoblemartin
01-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Dear Supporter of Israel,

January 24, 2008

Action Alert: Stop U.N. Bias Against Israel

A draft statement that is deeply unfair to the State of Israel is currently being considered by the U.N. Security Council, and we need Israel's friends to act now to ensure it does not pass.

The resolution - drafted by Libya, current President of the Security Council and a country with an abysmal human rights record and links to past terrorist attacks - condemns Israeli military action in Gaza and demands that the Jewish state end its blockade of the area.

What it does not mention is the incessant rocket fire directed at civilians in southern Israel that made the military action and blockade necessary in the first place. Palestinian terrorists operating from Gaza have fired more than 4,000 rockets at the Jewish state since Israel's "disengagement" from Gaza in 2005 - hundreds in the last month alone.

Economic life in the Israeli communities bordering Gaza has been hard hit as businesses shut down or leave and residents - particularly children - suffer both physical injury and deep psychological trauma due to the continued attacks.

The U.N is infamous for its anti-Israel bias. Earlier today, the U.N. Human Rights Council - another body dominated by well-known human rights violators such as Syria, Saudi Arabia, and China - condemned Israel for its military action in Gaza, again without mentioning rocket fire from Gaza that has made life a nightmare for citizens of Israeli cities like Sderot.

As supporters of Israel, freedom, democracy and fairness, we dare not stand by and watch this happen again.

Please call the Libyan Mission to the U.N., which is a member of the U.N. Security Council and tell them that any resolution which does not take into account Israel's legitimate need for security is not worthy of their consideration, and that you won't stand for another blatantly anti-Israel resolution from the world's foremost governing body.

The Libyan Mission can be reached at 212-752-5775 or to send an email message click here.

With prayers for shalom, peace,

Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein
President

Gaffer
01-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Like the un is going to listen to what the average joe here has to say. The un passes hundreds of resolutions a year. 90% of them condemning Israel. The other 10% are useless garbage. It's just a meeting place for dictators and despots.

I never have and never will do anything to support the un in any way. I will support Israel.

theHawk
01-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I got a better idea, why doesn't Israel just destroy all of its enemies and stop asking for everyones support?

Yurt
01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I got a better idea, why doesn't Israel just destroy all of its enemies and stop asking for everyones support?

I have a better idea --> Israel is not asking for everyone's support.

There is a reason. And trust me, the jewish thing, much to Hugh's chagrine, is not the reason or the why. Israel is the finger in the eye of the islamos.....

Psychoblues
01-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Both the Old Testament (the Book of Judaism) and the New Testament (the Book of Christianity) abhor the condemnation of Israel. Even the Koran (the Book of Islam) condemns war and accepts the existense of the Jewish peoples. Where in here can we find some common ground?

theHawk
01-28-2008, 08:39 PM
I have a better idea --> Israel is not asking for everyone's support.

Really? Then WTF is the point of this thread?

OCA
01-28-2008, 08:47 PM
U.N. bias against Israel? Are you kidding me?

Little factoid....if there were no U.N. there would be no Israel.

glockmail
01-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Maybe because that would be wrong?

glockmail
01-28-2008, 09:32 PM

Little factoid....if there were no U.N. there would be no Israel. Isn't that like saying that if there was no George Washington there would be no USA. Isn't George dead?

actsnoblemartin
01-28-2008, 09:40 PM

Little factoid....if there were no U.N. there would be no Israel.

what the person i wont mention by name forgets to mention is that israel existed well before the u.n. and will well after the u.n.

the u.n., has been unfair to israel, every chance it has gotten.

Isn't that like saying that if there was no George Washington there would be no USA. Isn't George dead?

jimnyc
01-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Guys, the various posts that have derailed a couple of threads have been moved to the cage. Please continue any feuds there and leave this thread for discussing the topic and avoiding confrontation. Thanks!

OCA
01-28-2008, 10:03 PM
what the person i wont mention by name forgets to mention is that israel existed well before the u.n. and will well after the u.n.

The country of Israel did not exist before the U.N. mandated its presence in 46 or 47 I believe. Previously it was known as British controlled Palestine and there were about 10 Jews living there.

Get your facts straight.

manu1959
01-28-2008, 10:06 PM
The country of Israel did not exist before the U.N. mandated its presence in 46 or 47 I believe. Previously it was known as British controlled Palestine and there were about 10 Jews living there.

Get your facts straight.

there were more than 10 jews there prior to 46.....

http://www.invitation.to/dance/israel-balfouragreement.htm

OCA
01-28-2008, 10:20 PM
there were more than 10 jews there prior to 46.....

http://www.invitation.to/dance/israel-balfouragreement.htm

Ok, maybe a couple of hundred. Doesn't erase the fact that until Hitler happened the Jews didn't want shit to do with that rock for the most part and were content to hang in Europe.

Basically what happened was the U.N. uprooted a shitload of Palestinians because it felt sorry for Jews.

manu1959
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Ok, maybe a couple of hundred. Doesn't erase the fact that until Hitler happened the Jews didn't want shit to do with that rock for the most part and were content to hang in Europe.

Basically what happened was the U.N. uprooted a shitload of Palestinians because it felt sorry for Jews.

the "jewish state" existed since the 20's ...... but feel free to go find me a world map with palestine on it .....

OCA
01-28-2008, 10:33 PM
the "jewish state" existed since the 20's ...... but feel free to go find me a world map with palestine on it .....

I admit, I won't be able to find that but still find in interesting as to why it was not called British Israel instead of British Palestine.

OCA
01-28-2008, 10:36 PM
The official state of Israel was established in 1948, before then it was nothing but a band of guerillas who used as one of their tactics GASP! suicide bombings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel

manu1959
01-28-2008, 10:38 PM
I admit, I won't be able to find that but still find in interesting as to why it was not called British Israel instead of British Palestine.

no one liked the jews, hell i know jews that survived the holocoust that say the rich german jews were pricks and deserved it .... i would guess that if hilter had stayed put he could have killed them all and no one would have done shit ..... hell stalin did it.....he killed more people than hitler even thought of.....

that said.....the jews won every war the arabs ever waged against them and to the victor goes the spoils.....it is how every nation on the planet was formed......the palestinians lost....get over it....

manu1959
01-28-2008, 10:39 PM
The official state of Israel was established in 1948, before then it was nothing but a band of guerillas who used as one of their tactics GASP! suicide bombings.

yes i am aware of this fact......tell me when was the offical state of palestine established.....

glockmail
01-29-2008, 06:45 AM

that said.....the jews won every war the arabs ever waged against them and to the victor goes the spoils.....it is how every nation on the planet was formed......the palestinians lost....get over it.... Bingo. Now all they want is a spit of land and to be left alone. That's not good enough for the racist arabs.

Kathianne
01-29-2008, 06:57 AM

One bombing. Bombings are never right, no excuses. Once again though, warning was given. That was claimed at the time, denied by the British, only to be proved true in the 70's by a 'freedom of information' type of law. This very much fits along the lines of IRA or ETA, both very bad groups, though very different than what we see today.

theHawk
01-29-2008, 12:58 PM
that said.....the jews won every war the arabs ever waged against them and to the victor goes the spoils.....it is how every nation on the planet was formed......the palestinians lost....get over it....

And what happens when they don't "get over it"? We get a nonstop violence. So unless Israel is going to totaly destroy their enemy, its just going to continue.