PDA

View Full Version : DP GOP Straw Poll

5stringJeff
01-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Who do you favor of the five remaining GOP candidates?

Kathianne
01-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't 'like' Romney, I would not work on his campaign. Right now, he's the only one I could vote for. Oh I could vote Guiliani, but I think he'll be out by Super Tuesday.

Black Lance
01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
I know that Paul won't win, but he has my support until he drops out of the race.

Abbey Marie
01-27-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't 'like' Romney, I would not work on his campaign. Right now, he's the only one I could vote for. Oh I could vote Guiliani, but I think he'll be out by Super Tuesday.

Right there with you, Kath, except I can't predict Giuliani's future just yet.

pegwinn
01-27-2008, 04:08 PM
The only person on the GOP side I can vote for and still live with myself is RP.

The bottom line is that he's the only one willing to break the mold and actually discuss the Constitution as an integral part of the nation.

What really bugs me is the number of people who are worried about electability instead of substance. Each time we do that, we are moving away from the core of what this country was founded on.

NATO AIR
01-27-2008, 04:08 PM
McCain. He's the only one that can save us from Empress Hillary and the Clinton Restoration.

Unless Obama gets to her first, which would make me nonchalant on the GOP race because I'm waiting for the 2012 folks like that Minnesota Governor, Charlie Crist and countless others who I'm sure are waiting in the woodworks.

If Thompson gets picked up as a VP though... I'll vote for that candidate.

Oh I forget Bobby Jindal... He's going to be big in 2012 I hope.

82Marine89
01-27-2008, 04:15 PM
The only person on the GOP side I can vote for and still live with myself is RP.

The bottom line is that he's the only one willing to break the mold and actually discuss the Constitution as an integral part of the nation.

What really bugs me is the number of people who are worried about electability instead of substance. Each time we do that, we are moving away from the core of what this country was founded on.

I will be writing in Ron Paul in the general election.

NATO AIR
01-27-2008, 04:16 PM

But that has happened for ages though. People have become so disenchanted in the process, so divided by politicians and interest groups, that there is almost no hope.

Then you get a Ron Paul... whose devotion to his principles inspires young people to stand up for their principles. The Ron Paul supporters in '08 could go on to be a movement of sorts, especially in the West. Not to mention the sheer intelligence and drive of some of his supporters, I can easily imagine a couple of 22 year old college kids and 30 year old military vets thinking alike in that they can follow Ron Paul's path and change this country from within. He is the candidate I most support in my heart and soul, but my mind tells me he can't win the GOP nomination and won't even be listened to after the election process by most.

Or you get an Obama, who's making a crazy pitch that maybe people are so tired of the divisiveness and the cynicism that they'll vote for a candidate that is trying to change that. I doubt it works but its absolutely incredible to see the support he gets from Republicans and independents, who are dismayed by 16 years of Clinton/Rove politics and scared to death of 8 more years of it.

82Marine89
01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Then you get a Ron Paul... whose devotion to his principles inspires young people to stand up for their principles. The Ron Paul supporters in '08 could go on to be a movement of sorts, especially in the West. Not to mention the sheer intelligence and drive of some of his supporters, I can easily imagine a couple of 22 year old college kids and 30 year old military vets thinking alike in that they can follow Ron Paul's path and change this country from within. He is the candidate I most support in my heart and soul, but my mind tells me he can't win the GOP nomination and won't even be listened to after the election process by most.

You are settling. Don't do that. Imagine if our Founders settled for a lesser form of rule from the Brits or decided to wait for an easier solution down the road. They refused to settle and created change. It is our responsibility as Americans to follow their lead. You need to create change now and not wait until 2012.

pegwinn
01-27-2008, 04:29 PM
But that has happened for ages though. People have become so disenchanted in the process, so divided by politicians and interest groups, that there is almost no hope. Exactly. That is why doing the right thing is so important. With JFKerry Lite, the Mob Boss, and the RINO you will get more of the same.

Then you get a Ron Paul... whose devotion to his principles inspires young people to stand up for their principles. The Ron Paul supporters in '08 could go on to be a movement of sorts, especially in the West. Not to mention the sheer intelligence and drive of some of his supporters, I can easily imagine a couple of 22 year old college kids and 30 year old military vets thinking alike in that they can follow Ron Paul's path and change this country from within. He is the candidate I most support in my heart and soul, but my mind tells me he can't win the GOP nomination and won't even be listened to after the election process by most. I hope that what you say, minus the non-winnable sentiment, is true. But, with voter apathy and the nature of men to go the easy way.....

Or you get an Obama, who's making a crazy pitch that maybe people are so tired of the divisiveness and the cynicism that they'll vote for a candidate that is trying to change that. I doubt it works but its absolutely incredible to see the support he gets from Republicans and independents, who are dismayed by 16 years of Clinton/Rove politics and scared to death of 8 more years of it.

In the end you have to live with yourself so the only thing I can counsel is to do what you believe the right thing is.

I will be writing in Ron Paul in the general election.

You must spread some rep etc etc etc.......
Write In's take much courage.

5stringJeff
01-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Writing RP in, or voting for him as a Libertarian or Constitutionalist... whatever. Paul is my man.

Dilloduck
01-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Writing in Newt

pegwinn
01-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Writing in Newt

Didn't he have a wench on the side while leading the impeachment proceedings? I thought I heard that somewhere.

01-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Romney of course. no secret there.

red states rule
01-28-2008, 06:00 AM
Romney is the only choice left.

glockmail
01-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Romney is the only choice left. He's the most electable, and can defeat Hillary or BHO.

red states rule
01-28-2008, 09:13 AM
He's the most electable, and can defeat Hillary or BHO.

and the more I listen to him - the more I like him

He gave a nice slapdown to "Gen Hillary Clinton" in the last debate

glockmail
01-28-2008, 09:27 AM

He gave a nice slapdown to "Gen Hillary Clinton" in the last debate He's a hell of a lot smarter than either her or BHO, calm and a clear thinker. He was my #2 behind Thompson- a close #2, as Thompson had the lack of hair/ thophy wife/ baggy eyes thing going against him.

red states rule
01-28-2008, 09:29 AM
He's a hell of a lot smarter than either her or BHO, calm and a clear thinker. He was my #2 behind Thompson- a close #2, as Thompson had the lack of hair/ thophy wife/ baggy eyes thing going against him.

Mitt is by far the best chocie left

He will cream Hillary or Obama in one on one debates. He might be able to make Hillary lose her temper on live TV - that would be great to watch

glockmail
01-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Mitt is by far the best chocie left

He will cream Hillary or Obama in one on one debates. He might be able to make Hillary lose her temper on live TV - that would be great to watch
LOL that would be her death spiral.

theHawk
01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
McCain simply because he'll be ten times a better Commander-in-Chief than any of the others. I'm not going to support a man who thinks his sons' campaign work is equal to that of our soldiers in Iraq, nor do I trust what Mitt's team of lawyers will decide about Iran.

5stringJeff
01-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I find it very interesting that the board vets show a significant preference towards Ron Paul.

nevadamedic
01-28-2008, 08:09 PM

I don't think anyone "likes" Romney.

theHawk
01-28-2008, 08:34 PM
I find it very interesting that the board vets show a significant preference towards Ron Paul.

The only thing is Paul has a 0% chance of winning the nomination.

pegwinn
01-28-2008, 08:41 PM

He gave a nice slapdown to "Gen Hillary Clinton" in the last debate

Good for you. If you like the way he supports banning your right to own an assault weapon.... go for it dude.

I'm kinda partial to his ever evolving positions. Think JFKerry Lite.

5stringJeff
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
The only thing is Paul has a 0% chance of winning the nomination.

It's a vote on principle.

nevadamedic
01-28-2008, 09:23 PM
It's a vote on principle.

Ron Paul has no principles.

Dilloduck
01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Didn't he have a wench on the side while leading the impeachment proceedings? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Having one is better than being one.

glockmail
01-28-2008, 09:28 PM
It's a vote on principle. That and a buck-fifty will get you a cup of coffee at 7-11.

pegwinn
01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Having one is better than being one.

I'm assuming you are not calling me a wench. :lol:

Goes to his credibility, honesty, character, etc etc. All those things that we claim to expect from "Statesmen".

I'm a tough sell. No one in politics lives up to what I expect. Not even Ron Paul.

Leadership Traits (http://the--realist.blogspot.com/2007/02/leadership-traits-for-congress.html)& Leadership Principles (http://the--realist.blogspot.com/2007/02/leadership-principles-for-congress.html)for Congress (2 posts)

01-28-2008, 09:39 PM
nevadamedic has no principles.

Wait, you might not like that huh? Perhaps you should think about what people think about you before you criticize others.

Dilloduck
01-28-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm assuming you are not calling me a wench. :lol:

Goes to his credibility, honesty, character, etc etc. All those things that we claim to expect from "Statesmen".

I'm a tough sell. No one in politics lives up to what I expect. Not even Ron Paul.

Leadership Traits (http://the--realist.blogspot.com/2007/02/leadership-traits-for-congress.html)& Leadership Principles (http://the--realist.blogspot.com/2007/02/leadership-principles-for-congress.html)for Congress (2 posts)

Naaaaa :laugh2: I was referring to the this next batch coming along who are spending a bunch of bucks and pandering to anyone to be our president. I'm underwhelmed.

82Marine89
01-28-2008, 09:46 PM

As compared to McCain? A politician that sticks his finger into the political winds in order to determine his position on issues.

glockmail
01-28-2008, 09:50 PM
As compared to McCain? A politician that sticks his finger into the political winds in order to determine his position on issues.
I think McCain has it all figgered out- what the MSM likes.

pegwinn
01-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Naaaaa :laugh2: I was referring to the this next batch coming along who are spending a bunch of bucks and pandering to anyone to be our president. I'm underwhelmed.

Whew! I thought for a minute I was lookin at a sex change:cheers2:

So, didja read the two posts...... I is a tough sell. I think my sainted Ma could have done it except that she prefers to beat subordinates until morale improves.

Dilloduck
01-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Whew! I thought for a minute I was lookin at a sex change:cheers2:

So, didja read the two posts...... I is a tough sell. I think my sainted Ma could have done it except that she prefers to beat subordinates until morale improves.

ya I've been over there checking it out !! good stuff. My Ma used guilt and the old evil eye on subordinates so maybe she could be VP ?

pegwinn
01-28-2008, 10:24 PM
ya I've been over there checking it out !! good stuff. My Ma used guilt and the old evil eye on subordinates so maybe she could be VP ?

Ok, this joke is going to suck

you gotta wait for it.......

That's the ticket :laugh2:

red states rule
01-29-2008, 06:28 AM
McCain simply because he'll be ten times a better Commander-in-Chief than any of the others. I'm not going to support a man who thinks his sons' campaign work is equal to that of our soldiers in Iraq, nor do I trust what Mitt's team of lawyers will decide about Iran.

How?

McCain wants to close Gotmo, and give terrorists access to the Federal Court system

5stringJeff
01-29-2008, 06:25 PM

Oh, he has plenty. But they don't involve amnesty and abridging freedom of speech, so I can see why you wouldn't be interested in supporting him.