PDA

View Full Version : The many lies of the Bushies

gabosaurus
01-28-2008, 12:23 AM
You want documented proof of frequent lies made by the Bush administration? You have come to the right place. :)
Feel free to spin this to your hearts content. And no, this is not copy and paste. This is just a few things I have taken out of reading I have done.
Like I said before, the man is a lying sack of shit. And a murderous one at that.

"My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it. If I have a chance to invade, if I have that much capital, I'm not going to waste it. I'm going to get everything passes that I want to get passed and I am going to have a successful presidency as a result. "
--G.W. Bush, in a 1999 intervew with biographer Mickey Herskowitz.

"Afghanistan doesn't offer enough good targets. We should do Iraq."
--Rumsfeld statement to Ramsey Clark, 9-11-01

"I believe Iraq was involved. See if Saddam did this. See if he is linked in anyway. Just go look."
--Bush to Ramsey Clark, 9-12-01

"The Iranians continue to work on getting enriched uranium. I’m afraid within, well, at worst, a few months; at best, a few years; they could have a bomb.”
--CIA director James Wollsey on CNN, 8-15-07

""The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th, and that's why what happens in Iraq matters to the security here at home."
--Bush statement, 7-12-07

Reporter: "Are there linkages between al Qaeda and Iraq, and where are they"
Rumsfeld: "The deputy director of the CIA briefed me on the subject. I have no desire to go beyound saying that the answer is yes."
--DOD briefing, 9-26-02

"Saddam Hussein has biological and chemical weapons that were unaccounted for that we're still confident that we will find. Just because they haven't been found doesn't mean that they don't exist. The burden is on the critics to explain where the weapons of mass destruction are. If they were destroyed, the burden is on them to explain when he destroyed them and where. We didn't find them, but we still believe they are there."
--White House briefing, 7-9-03

"I think we believe there are chemical weapons in Syria. If not, they are somewhere else."
--Bush statement, 4-13-03

"I don't know anybody that I can think of who has contended that the Iraqis had weapons of mass destruction."
--Rumsfeld briefing, 6-24-03

"We are seeking all the facts. Already the Kay Report identified dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities and signiificant amounts of equipment that Iraq has concealed. Had we failed to act (with an invasion), the dictator's weapons of mass destruction programs would continue to this day."
--Bush state of the union, 1-21-04

"No abuses that have occured at the (Abu Ghraid) prison have anything to do with the interrogations. If there were abuses, they took place not in the context of interrogating people. There are accounts and photographs, which I believe have been taken out of context."
--Rumsfeld radio interview, 8-26-04

"If he declares that he has no (weapons of mass destruction), then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world."
--White House press briefing, 12-2-02