PDA

View Full Version : Iran producing uranium enrichment gas

red states rule
01-28-2008, 06:46 AM
So Iran is exporting oil, so they can use this gas for electricity?

'Iran producing 300 tons of UF6'
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

An Iranian official said Sunday that the Islamic republic has increased its production to more than 300 tons of a gas used for uranium enrichment, a semi-official news agency reported.

The announcement comes as the UN Security Council is deciding whether to impose new economic sanctions against Iran for refusing to roll back its nuclear activities.

"The Isfahan uranium conversion facility is active, and it has produced more than 300 tons of UF6," otherwise known as uranium hexaflouride gas, the Fars news agency quoted Javad Vaidi, deputy of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, as saying in meeting to members of the Revolutionary Guards. The Fars news agency is considered close to the elite branch of Iran's military.

The central Iranian cities of Isfahan and Natanz house the heart of the Iran's nuclear program.

In Isfahan, a conversion facility reprocesses raw uranium, known as yellowcake, into uranium hexaflouride gas. The gas is then taken to Natanz and fed into the centrifuges for enrichment.

Centrifuges spin uranium gas into enriched material, which at low levels is used to produce nuclear fuel to generate electricity. But further enrichment makes it suitable for use in building nuclear weapons.

for the complete article

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1201367880579&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Psychoblues
01-29-2008, 01:13 AM
The Iranians are also known for their bean and rice enriched diet. I wonder how those farts will work their way into the contemplation of World Domination?

red states rule
01-29-2008, 06:27 AM
The Iranians are also known for their bean and rice enriched diet. I wonder how those farts will work their way into the contemplation of World Domination?

Leave it to an appeasing lib to actually debate the issue

Not only waving the whote flag in the face of terrorists in Iraq, now you are waving it in the face of little Adolph Ahmadinejad

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 04:01 AM
Excessive gas also helps those in trouble with bowel movements.

Leave it to an appeasing lib to actually debate the issue

Not only waving the whote flag in the face of terrorists in Iraq, now you are waving it in the face of little Adolph Ahmadinejad

Did your internet laxative help you?

stephanie
02-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Excessive gas also helps those in trouble with bowel movements.

Did your Internet laxative help you?

talk about me drinking cap cods....good grief...
You made not a friggin bit of sense here my dear...bed might be your best option for this topic...:cheers2:

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 04:09 AM
The good lord knows you've blown a few, staphy.

talk about me drinking cap cods....good grief...
You made not a friggin bit of sense here my dear...bed might be your best option for this topic...:cheers2:

Sometimes the gas is not alone. Too deep for you? Check your drawers. I was talking to rsr.

stephanie
02-06-2008, 04:13 AM
The good lord knows you've blown a few, staphy.

Sometimes the gas is not alone. Too deep for you? Check your drawers. I was talking to rsr.

Oh well...you should of warned us all on the board that we were not involved in this thread...

Sorry....my mistake...:poke:

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 04:18 AM
You are certainly welcome to contribute to the conversation at hand, staphy, but you chose instead to attack me personally.

Oh well...you should of warned us all on the board that we were not involved in this thread...

Sorry....my mistake...:poke:

What is your excuse this time?

stephanie
02-06-2008, 04:24 AM
You are certainly welcome to contribute to the conversation at hand, staphy, but you chose instead to attack me personally.

What is your excuse this time?

Oooooooooooookaaaaaaay my dear....lika youa dina attacta peoplea inthisA threada.........

whatevera.......:cheers2:

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 04:32 AM
Do you need a ride home?

Oooooooooooookaaaaaaay my dear....lika youa dina attacta peoplea inthisA threada.........

whatevera.......:cheers2:

Maybe I can arrange something for you?

stephanie
02-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Do you need a ride home?

Maybe I can arrange something for you?

:laugh2: living in the town of 350 people I live in....I can walk...even though we are sitting at -45 below zero..thanks for the offer though...:cheers2:

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 04:40 AM
I bet you got a lot of Lions in your town, staphy.

:laugh2: living in the town of 350 people I live in....I can walk...even though we are sitting at -45 below zero..thanks for the offer though...:cheers2:

You're welcome, sweetie. I would do the same for most anyone.

stephanie
02-06-2008, 04:45 AM
I bet you got a lot of Lions in your town, staphy.

You're welcome, sweetie. I would do the same for most anyone.

I know you would.....If I needed to be pulled out of ditch....you'd be the first I'd call...:cheers2:

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 05:12 AM
You got it, staphy.

I know you would.....If I needed to be pulled out of ditch....you'd be the first I'd call...:cheers2:

Given the same, I would call you first for a recommendation.

Thanks, staphy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

stephanie
02-06-2008, 05:16 AM
You got it, staphy.

Given the same, I would call you first for a recommendation.

Thanks, staphy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

I'm otta here........nite..nite.:cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 05:19 AM
:cheers2::slap:
:salute:

I'm otta here........nite..nite.:cheers2::salute:

You're always cool with me, staphy.

red states rule
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Where is the liberal media on this story?

Iran DIDN'T 'Halt' Nuke Program After all! Where's the NYTimes' Apology?
By Warner Todd Huston | February 7, 2008 - 14:15 ET
Remember how the New York Times went apoplectic over last December's NIE estimate that brashly claimed that Iran had suspended their intent to manufacture nuclear arms? It was a front pager and formed the basis of claims that we had illegitimately targeted Iran for rhetorical attacks by many people who opposed the Bush Administration's entire foreign policy regime. Well, as the New York Sun said on the 7th, "what a difference two months make." It appears that the original NIE report was too hasty in its claims that Iran was innocent as the driven snow. So, here's the question: Will the NYT gives us a front page story apologizing for their alarmism?

Yeah. I didn't think so.

On December 3rd, the NYT led its front page, "News Analysis" article with this startling statement:

Rarely, if ever, has a single intelligence report so completely, so suddenly, and so surprisingly altered a foreign policy debate here.

And in their followup report, the first paragraph read as follows:

A new assessment by American intelligence agencies released Monday concludes that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 and that the program remains frozen, contradicting a judgment two years ago that Tehran was working relentlessly toward building a nuclear bomb.

Well, that all sounds as if the Bush Administration badly bungled the claims that Iran was trying to get the bomb, doesn't it?

But, we are now two months in the future from those breathless reports and it seems as if the initial NIE report that the New York Times was so exercised over turns out not to be so sanguine of Iran's eschewing of its nuclear ambitions.

for the complete article

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/02/07/iran-didnt-halt-nuke-program-after-all-wheres-nytimes-apology

Dilloduck
02-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Where is the liberal media on this story?

Iran DIDN'T 'Halt' Nuke Program After all! Where's the NYTimes' Apology?
By Warner Todd Huston | February 7, 2008 - 14:15 ET
Remember how the New York Times went apoplectic over last December's NIE estimate that brashly claimed that Iran had suspended their intent to manufacture nuclear arms? It was a front pager and formed the basis of claims that we had illegitimately targeted Iran for rhetorical attacks by many people who opposed the Bush Administration's entire foreign policy regime. Well, as the New York Sun said on the 7th, "what a difference two months make." It appears that the original NIE report was too hasty in its claims that Iran was innocent as the driven snow. So, here's the question: Will the NYT gives us a front page story apologizing for their alarmism?

Yeah. I didn't think so.

On December 3rd, the NYT led its front page, "News Analysis" article with this startling statement:

Rarely, if ever, has a single intelligence report so completely, so suddenly, and so surprisingly altered a foreign policy debate here.

And in their followup report, the first paragraph read as follows:

A new assessment by American intelligence agencies released Monday concludes that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 and that the program remains frozen, contradicting a judgment two years ago that Tehran was working relentlessly toward building a nuclear bomb.

Well, that all sounds as if the Bush Administration badly bungled the claims that Iran was trying to get the bomb, doesn't it?

But, we are now two months in the future from those breathless reports and it seems as if the initial NIE report that the New York Times was so exercised over turns out not to be so sanguine of Iran's eschewing of its nuclear ambitions.

for the complete article

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/02/07/iran-didnt-halt-nuke-program-after-all-wheres-nytimes-apology

No worries--AIPAC has all the nominees well in hand.

red states rule
02-09-2008, 10:14 AM
More info the liberal media does not want you to know about

Experts: Iran Has Faster Centrifuges

Thursday, February 7, 2008 12:30 PM

VIENNA, Austria -- Iran has developed its own version of an advanced centrifuge that churns out fissile material much faster than other machines and has started testing them, diplomats and experts said Thursday.

Few of the IR-2 centrifuges were operating and testing appeared to be in an early phase.

The machines were rotating without processing any of the uranium gas that can either be used to generate electricity or provide the fissile core of nuclear warheads, depending on the level of enrichment, according to diplomats who spoke on condition of anonymity because their information was confidential.

More significant, said those with knowledge of the issue, was the fact that Tehran has appeared to combine know-how and equipment bought on the nuclear black market with domestic ingenuity to overcome daunting technical difficulties and create advanced machines that reflect a high level of nuclear development.

Iran is under two sets of U.N. Security Council sanctions for refusing to scrap its uranium enrichment program, which it started developing during nearly two decades of covert nuclear activity built on illicit purchases and revealed only five years ago.

The council demands to freeze enrichment were prompted by concerns that it could be used to make nuclear weapons because of eroding confidence prompted by the secret nature of Iran's activities, including experiments that could be linked to the manufacture of such arms.

for the complete article

http://www.newsmax.com/international/nuclear_iran/2008/02/07/70900.html