PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Something From Bush

Kathianne
01-28-2008, 09:31 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080128/pl_bloomberg/arjoxb3meak

President Bush to Curtail Congressional Earmarks

Roger Runningen 1 hour, 10 minutes ago

Jan. 28 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush will begin ``unprecedented steps'' to trim billions of dollars earmarked by lawmakers for pet projects, a White House spokesman said.
ADVERTISEMENT

In his State of the Union address tonight, Bush will promise to ``veto any spending bill that does not succeed in cutting earmarks in half from 2008 levels,'' deputy press secretary Tony Fratto said in an e-mail.

Bush will issue an executive order tomorrow directing federal agencies to ignore any earmarks included only in committee reports, not in the text of legislation.

gabosaurus
01-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Wouldn't it be much better (and easier) to take billions of dollars out of his failed war of aggression?

Dilloduck
01-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Wouldn't it be much better (and easier) to take billions of dollars out of his failed war of aggression?

Tell congress to stop funding it.

5stringJeff
01-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I read in the WSJ that his directive was to cover earmarks from FY09 forward. Anyways, it's a good step, and about 7 years overdue.

nevadamedic
01-28-2008, 08:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080128/pl_bloomberg/arjoxb3meak

Cut spending? Democrat's will never go along with that. We all know they love to spend the hell out of other people's money.

OCA
01-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Cut spending? Democrat's will never go along with that. We all know they love to spend the hell out of other people's money.

George Bush, not including war funding, has outspent every president in the last 50 years.

BoogyMan
01-28-2008, 08:48 PM

Yeah, we can leave the military hanging but lets not touch that pork eh Gabo?

Gads......

Psychoblues
01-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Day for day and dollar for dollar the Democrats will never match the trillions awarded to contributors by Republicans.

DrJohn
01-29-2008, 04:54 AM
George Bush, not including war funding, has outspent every president in the last 50 years.

But the repubs ignore this fact. They just blame it on the liberals...

Like John Lennon said, "Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see"

red states rule
01-29-2008, 06:43 AM
But the repubs ignore this fact. They just blame it on the liberals...

Like John Lennon said, "Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see"

The important point is, Dems ran against the high spending of Republicans. Dems promised they would cut the pork. Dems promised they would spend our tax money wisely

After being in charge for over 1 year - when will Dems start to honor those promises?

It is so typical of the left to ignore those facts, and tant about the previous Congress and their spending habits - all the while their beloved Dems piss through our tax money and then demand we pay more in taxes to pay the bill

DrJohn
01-29-2008, 06:56 AM
The important point is, Dems ran against the high spending of Republicans. Dems promised they would cut the pork. Dems promised they would spend our tax money wisely

After being in charge for over 1 year - when will Dems start to honor those promises?

It is so typical of the left to ignore those facts, and tant about the previous Congress and their spending habits - all the while their beloved Dems piss through our tax money and then demand we pay more in taxes to pay the bill

So you like the fact that Bush and his repub controlled Congress spent more than any other admin in the last 50 years??
I guess you do since you ignore Bush's free-spending ways...or you like them.

Typical conservatie shill

red states rule
01-29-2008, 07:01 AM
So you like the fact that Bush and his repub controlled Congress spent more than any other admin in the last 50 years??
I guess you do since you ignore Bush's free-spending ways...or you like them.

Typical conservatie shill

I have many times the spending by the previous Republican Congress was insane

I am sorry if pointing out the broken promises of your Dems is bothering you and cluttering the debate with facts

Dems think all answers lie in more taxes and more governemnt spending on handouts

DrJohn
01-29-2008, 07:39 AM
I have many times the spending by the previous Republican Congress was insane

I am sorry if pointing out the broken promises of your Dems is bothering you and cluttering the debate with facts

Dems think all answers lie in more taxes and more governemnt spending on handouts

I never said that I like the spending that's been done by the dems.
You, on the other hand, seem to think that they are the only ones doing it.

red states rule
01-29-2008, 07:44 AM
I never said that I like the spending that's been done by the dems.
You, on the other hand, seem to think that they are the only ones doing it.

Do you need a remedial reading course? I have said over and over Republicans were guilty of insane spending - yet Dems are doing the same thins and demanding more of my money to pay for it

And they get a pass in the liberal media

DrJohn
01-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Do you need a remedial reading course? I have said over and over Republicans were guilty of insane spending - yet Dems are doing the same thins and demanding more of my money to pay for it

And they get a pass in the liberal media

So who's money are the repubs using to pay for their pork?

And no, I don't need a remedial reading course. Thanks for the insult.... DUH

red states rule
01-29-2008, 07:50 AM
So who's money are the repubs using to pay for their pork?

And no, I don't need a remedial reading course. Thanks for the insult.... DUH

What is so hard for you to understand - all the pork needs to go

Once again, I will post the vital spending project the Reid and Pelosi Congress passed last year

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/upload/pork_projects.html

BTW it was not an insult. Given how many times I answered your question, and yet you keep asking it, I thought you needed one

DrJohn
01-29-2008, 07:52 AM
What is so hard for you to understand - all the pork needs to go

Once again, I will post the vital spending project the Reid and Pelosi Congress passed last year

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Budget/upload/pork_projects.html

BTW it was not an insult. Given how many times I answered your question, and yet you keep asking it, I thought you needed one

Maybe you need the remedial reading course.
I have also stated that all pork needs to go.

red states rule
01-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Maybe you need the remedial reading course.
I have also stated that all pork needs to go.

But you kept going back in time and giving us all a history lesson

I do hope all the pork goes away. Then we can have more tax cuts

JackDaniels
01-29-2008, 01:45 PM
But you kept going back in time and giving us all a history lesson

I do hope all the pork goes away. Then we can have more tax cuts

The overspending will never stop until we get rid of both the big government Republican Party and big government Democrat Party.