PDA

View Full Version : NOW-NY Slams Ted

stephanie
01-28-2008, 02:53 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

The National Organization for Women’s New York chapter issued a scathing reaction to Sen. Ted Kennedy’s endorsement of Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton. Actually, the word “scathing” feels inadequate here.

Read for yourself:

“Women have just experienced the ultimate betrayal. Senator Kennedy’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton’s opponent in the Democratic presidential primary campaign has really hit women hard. Women have forgiven Kennedy, stuck up for him, stood by him, hushed the fact that he was late in his support of Title IX, the ERA, the Family Leave and Medical Act to name a few. Women have buried their anger that his support for the compromises in No Child Left Behind and the Medicare bogus drug benefit brought us the passage of these flawed bills. We have thanked him for his ardent support of many civil rights bills, BUT women are always waiting in the wings.

“And now the greatest betrayal! We are repaid with his abandonment! He’s picked the new guy over us. He’s joined the list of progressive white men who can’t or won’t handle the prospect of a woman president who is Hillary Clinton (they will of course say they support a woman president, just not “this” one). ‘They’ are Howard Dean and Jim Dean (Yup! That’s Howard’s brother) who run DFA (that’s the group and list from the Dean campaign that we women helped start and grow). They are Alternet, Progressive Democrats of America, democrats.com, Kucinich lovers and all the other groups that take women’s money, say they’ll do feminist and women’s rights issues one of these days, and conveniently forget to mention women and children when they talk about poverty or human needs or America’s future or whatever.

read the rest and comments..
http://blogs.timesunion.com/capitol/?p=6285

Trigg
01-28-2008, 02:56 PM
MSNBC talking heads were discussing how Clinton and Obama were tearing the democratic party appart.

Now this, oh goody.

Seems the republican control of the MSM and voting machines is finally paying off. Bush and his cronies are going to steal another election right out of the sweaty palms of the dems.

:dance:

hjmick
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Most glaring to me in their list of Kennedy sins forgiven is the absence of Mary Jo.

Little-Acorn
01-28-2008, 03:31 PM
This is a joke, right, Stephanie? The National Organization for Women didn't actually say that. Did they?

(My workplace firewall blocks out any URL with "blog" in it, I couldn't get it to work.)

Teddy Kennedy plays around on his wife, banging everything in a skirt, drives drunk, runs off a bridge, and leaves a drowning woman to die under water in his car while he goes home and has a nice hot toddy without even bothering to call for help... and the N.O.W. never says a word.

But nearly forty years later, he endorses a male politician instead of a female one... and THAT'S the "ultimate betrayal"???

Can't be anything other than a joke.

What's next? Announcing that Osama bin Laden's worst act was polluting the air of lower Manhattan with the smoke from all those messy flaming buildings (and people) half a dozen years ago?

That would be right up there with this silly Kennedy joke.

Say it ain't so!

NATO AIR
01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
This is a joke, right, Stephanie? The National Organization for Women didn't actually say that. Did they?

(My workplace firewall blocks out any URL with "blog" in it, I couldn't get it to work.)

Teddy Kennedy plays around on his wife, banging everything in a skirt, drives drunk, runs off a bridge, and leaves a drowning woman to die under water in his car while he goes home and has a nice hot toddy without even bothering to call for help... and the N.O.W. never says a word.

But nearly forty years later, he endorses a male politician instead of a female one... and THAT'S the "ultimate betrayal"???

Can't be anything other than a joke.

What's next? Announcing that Osama bin Laden's worst act was polluting the air of lower Manhattan with the smoke from all those messy flaming buildings (and people) half a dozen years ago?

That would be right up there with this silly Kennedy joke.

Say it ain't so!

I would add the female libs of NOW in NY have something close to an outright personality cult with Hillary. They literally worship her.

glockmail
01-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Most glaring to me in their list of Kennedy sins forgiven is the absence of Mary Jo. Ouch! Grenade hit there! :blowup:

Abbey Marie
01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
So, class, what have we learned about Dems since recent events such as the S.C. primary, this lovely diatribe, and our own board Dems refusing to state who they support?

-Blacks will vote for blacks. Period.
-Women will vote for a woman, unless the voter is black, in which case they will vote for a black of any gender over a white woman.
-White lib men are confused and too embarassed to admit liking any of them.

Conclusion: Important issues and the very future of our country, take a back seat to racial and gender politics.

Whoopeee!!!

actsnoblemartin
01-28-2008, 04:07 PM
:clap: righto .

I really thought this was so well said, that i couldnt add more then a well done abbey.

But since, a certain whiney basterd bitched here is some more.

Blacks are happy to see a black candidate, when a jewish candidate was on the ballot in 2004, jews were ecstatic, but i hope people vote for who is best for the office, not based on race or gender, but they have the right to vote for whomever they want, for whatever reason they want.

So, class, what have we learned about Dems since recent events such as the S.C. primary, this lovely diatribe, and our own board Dems refusing to state who they support?

-Blacks will vote for blacks. Period.
-Women will vote for a woman, unless the voter is black, in which case they will vote for a black of any gender over a white woman.
-White lib men are confused and too embarassed to admit whom they support.

Conclusion: Important issues and the very future of our country, take a back seat to racial and gender politics.

Whoopeee!!!

LiberalNation
01-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Women will vote for a woman, unless the voter is black, in which case they will vote for a black of any gender over a white woman.
bullshit, lets see how states hillary takes super tue.

She has a lo of femal support and has raken that voter block every time.

Dilloduck
01-28-2008, 04:11 PM

White women are bigots ??

Abbey Marie
01-28-2008, 04:11 PM

Are you saying that you think black women will vote for Hillary in large numbers? I disagree.

glockmail
01-28-2008, 04:12 PM

LOL looks like Baby Dyke just confirmed what we've been saying.

Little-Acorn
01-28-2008, 04:30 PM

BTW, stephanie, I haven't found any trace of this statement on the NY chapter of NOW's website. Got a direct link to where they issued it? And/or does the person who apparently posted it on the blog, say where he got it?

New York City chapter: http://www.nownyc.org/

New York State chapter: http://www.nownys.org/

Nothing in the Newsroom or News Release secion of either website.

LiberalNation
01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Are you saying that you think black women will vote for Hillary in large numbers? I disagree.

I didn't say black women but in general woman. You don't need the black vote to win the womens voting block. They do not make up enough of the voting pop.

LiberalNation
01-28-2008, 04:45 PM

No1tovote4
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Linky no worky...

Little-Acorn
01-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Linky no worky...

It works about 1/3 of the time for me. Looks like that newspaper's blog is getting swamped with accesses.

I switched to a computer that could access blogs, and was able to find this.

Here's a newswire service that published the original article, with the NOW-NY logo and the name of its apparent author, Marcia Pappas.

http://readme.readmedia.com/news/show/Senator-Ted-Kennedy-Betrays-Women-by-Not-Standing-for-Hillary-Clinton-for-President/53725

Marcia Pappas is indeed the head of the NY state chapter of NOW, and is reportedly the one who wrote that statement about Kennedy's "betrayal". A writer for the Politico (Ben Smith) published the statement (as people all over the country are apparently doing), and he says he personally confirmed the story with her.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0108/NY_NOW_Betrayal.html

Stephanie, any success on that link so far?

OCA
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Anyway it don't matter, you guys know its Hillary in a landslide come November but I don't expect anyone to man up, be a realist and admit that.

Abbey Marie
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
I didn't say black women but in general woman. You don't need the black vote to win the womens voting block. They do not make up enough of the voting pop.

Well then you are agreeing with me, as Glock pointed out earlier.

stephanie
01-28-2008, 07:23 PM
It works about 1/3 of the time for me. Looks like that newspaper's blog is getting swamped with accesses.

I switched to a computer that could access blogs, and was able to find this.

Here's a newswire service that published the original article, with the NOW-NY logo and the name of its apparent author, Marcia Pappas.

http://readme.readmedia.com/news/show/Senator-Ted-Kennedy-Betrays-Women-by-Not-Standing-for-Hillary-Clinton-for-President/53725

Marcia Pappas is indeed the head of the NY state chapter of NOW, and is reportedly the one who wrote that statement about Kennedy's "betrayal". A writer for the Politico (Ben Smith) published the statement (as people all over the country are apparently doing), and he says he personally confirmed the story with her.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0108/NY_NOW_Betrayal.html

Stephanie, any success on that link so far?

The link I gave is where I saw it posted...

nevadamedic
01-28-2008, 07:41 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

The National Organization for Women’s New York chapter issued a scathing reaction to Sen. Ted Kennedy’s endorsement of Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton. Actually, the word “scathing” feels inadequate here.

Read for yourself:

“Women have just experienced the ultimate betrayal. Senator Kennedy’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton’s opponent in the Democratic presidential primary campaign has really hit women hard. Women have forgiven Kennedy, stuck up for him, stood by him, hushed the fact that he was late in his support of Title IX, the ERA, the Family Leave and Medical Act to name a few. Women have buried their anger that his support for the compromises in No Child Left Behind and the Medicare bogus drug benefit brought us the passage of these flawed bills. We have thanked him for his ardent support of many civil rights bills, BUT women are always waiting in the wings.

“And now the greatest betrayal! We are repaid with his abandonment! He’s picked the new guy over us. He’s joined the list of progressive white men who can’t or won’t handle the prospect of a woman president who is Hillary Clinton (they will of course say they support a woman president, just not “this” one). ‘They’ are Howard Dean and Jim Dean (Yup! That’s Howard’s brother) who run DFA (that’s the group and list from the Dean campaign that we women helped start and grow). They are Alternet, Progressive Democrats of America, democrats.com, Kucinich lovers and all the other groups that take women’s money, say they’ll do feminist and women’s rights issues one of these days, and conveniently forget to mention women and children when they talk about poverty or human needs or America’s future or whatever.

This gang of four(Kennedy, Kerry, Gore and Howard Dean) are going to destroy the Democratic Party(which I don't mind). They are going to tear it apart with their endless attempts to try to destroy Hillary Clinton. Kerry and Gore are big baby's as they hate Hillary for not doing everything in her power to help their Presidential runs. Gore personally blames Hillary for his loss by not giving him her resources that she used for her Senate run. Kennedy hate's the Clinton's stances on everything from the war in Iraq to the economy and Howard Dean hate's them for obvious reasons(This guy is a dipshit galore. We just get to sit back at watch the rift in that party grow until they distroy themselves. :dance:

OCA
01-28-2008, 07:47 PM
This gang of four(Kennedy, Kerry, Gore and Howard Dean) are going to destroy the Democratic Party(which I don't mind). They are going to tear it apart with their endless attempts to try to destroy Hillary Clinton. Kerry and Gore are big baby's as they hate Hillary for not doing everything in her power to help their Presidential runs. Gore personally blames Hillary for his loss by not giving him her resources that she used for her Senate run. Kennedy hate's the Clinton's stances on everything from the war in Iraq to the economy and Howard Dean hate's them for obvious reasons(This guy is a dipshit galore. We just get to sit back at watch the rift in that party grow until they distroy themselves. :dance:

People said the same things in the 70's and 80's when the Dems had Tip O'Neill, Dick Gephardt and George Mitchell and here they are getting ready to run the executive and legislative branches again in less than a year from now.

But what the hell is the difference anyway? Repub or Demo they both govern as libs as both love BIG GOVERNMENT!

82Marine89
01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
People said the same things in the 70's and 80's when the Dems had Tip O'Neill, Dick Gephardt and George Mitchell and here they are getting ready to run the executive and legislative branches again in less than a year from now.

But what the hell is the difference anyway? Repub or Demo they both govern as libs as both love BIG GOVERNMENT!

And if McCain gets the nod we'll have a democrat on both tickets.

OCA
01-28-2008, 07:58 PM
And if McCain gets the nod we'll have a democrat on both tickets.

Truer words have never been spoken. McCain has been in bed with Demos so many times he could be the stunt donkey at the donkey show down in Tijuana.

BoogyMan
01-28-2008, 08:12 PM
It would appear that the NY State chapter of NOW is run by a complete loon. Checkout what else they recently had to say.

Source: Link (http://www.nownys.org/pr_2008/pr_011108.html)

Psychological Gang Bang of Hillary is Proof We Need a Woman President
January 11, 2008

by Marcia Pappas, President NOW - New York State

We've all witnessed scenarios where, on the playground little girls are being taunted by little boys while both girls and boys stand idle, afraid to speak up or even cheering. Or, in the workplace males tease young and older female co-workers; make obscene gestures, inappropriate comments, laughing and expecting (often correctly) that everyone will join in. Then there was that movie where Jodie Foster portrayed the true story of woman who was ganged raped in a bar while others looked on and encouraged the realization. Still others pretended the rape didn't happen. In short, gang raping of women is commonplace in our culture both physically and metaphorically.

This past week, we witnessed just such a phenomenon involving men who are afraid of a powerful woman. Hillary Clinton, in her quest for her Presidential nomination, has in fact endured infantile taunting and wildly inappropriate commentary. Indeed we have witnessed almost comical attacks by John Edwards who in turn sided with Barak Obama as both snickered at Clinton's "breakdown," which consisted of a very short dewy-eyed moment. Now John Kerry, who should certainly know better after his own "swiftboating," has joined the playground gang.

But here's the news. Every woman knows how it feels! There are those who will dismiss, defend or even shame those around them into believing that we progressives are making a mountain out of a mole hill. But that’s the game plan of the patriarchal system that has persisted for millennia. Because they can't frighten Hillary they've decided to control her with the time-old trick of patriarchal ridicule. Women, you know what I mean!

Pundits want to know what happened in New Hampshire. Why didn't the polls see it coming? How could they have gotten it so wrong? Well, aside from the thousands of women and progressive men who made calls from their homes, dropped literature, and held house parties for undecided voters, the truth of the matter is…women get it! That’s why, when women in New Hampshire could vote in private, they came out in droves for Hillary. They'd seen more Hillary bashing than had Iowa's women, and the polls stopped too early to measure their collective reaction. What happened is that women stood up and said "We're fed up and we're not going to take it anymore! We won't sit idly by and watch, while you gang bang one of us." One woman told me she didn't even want to vote for Hillary because she feared that her campaign would be the most dreadful blood bath in the history of politics. I asked her “if Hillary is willing to stick her neck out for us, should we not be brave enough to stand strong behind her?” She agreed and said of course she would vote for Hillary.

We have waited a long time to see our first truly viable women presidential candidate. And what we see now during the debates is what women and girls have experienced from time immemorial. But it seems John's recent alliance with Barak sent a clear message to women everywhere. The message is that if a woman gets too powerful, she can count on the good ole boys ganging up on her. Hillary is a powerful, strong and intelligent woman and she deserves our support. Let us remember what we as women's rights supporters, are charged to do: SUPPORT WOMEN!

And I, your writer,certainly speak from the belly of the beast. I was in Iowa for ten days with other feminist leaders, donating our personal time and money to help with Hillary's campaign. And in spite of our shortfall in Iowa, we did make a difference. Our efforts gave Hillary second place in the precinct we walked. Let me tell you why.

Our job on caucus night was to transport eight women from a nursing home to their caucus site. These were eighty-to-ninety-year-old women who came out in the cold weather and climbed into our vans to stand for Hillary. As we talked with glee about the possibility of our first women president, we were overjoyed to hear stories of their dedication to making it happen. One woman said "I never thought I would live long enough to see a woman president." Another woman said "It's about time; we need to have a woman as our President." These were women who were born around the time that women won the right to vote. They'd heard first-hand stories of that struggle from their mothers and grandmothers. They fought long and hard to see a day when they could have their own credit cards, own their own homes and be in control of their own bodies. They remember all too well when it was legal for a man to beat and/or rape his wife because she was HIS property. They remember when “rape” was ignored by people in the community and law enforcement officials. “She must have done something to deserve it” was common language in those days. Today we still see variations on this same behavior, more subtle perhaps, through success of our efforts, but nonetheless still abusive.

Now those senior citizens we transported stood tall for Hillary, and want us all to know that to have a woman president is to send a clear message to little girls everywhere: "Yes, you can do great things and even become President of the United States." Those senior citizens really get it!

So let's not let young women and little girls down, whether it's on the playground, in the workplace, or in the political arena. Young women need role models. They need to know they can be powerful and control their own lives. By putting Hillary in the Oval Office we send that message loud and clear for all to hear. Little girls everywhere need to know that to be important they don't have to emulate Brittany Spears or other similarly-exploited women. We can do it!

Think about the legacy we'll leave behind when we support Hillary Clinton for President of the United States. Let’s put a stop to the psychological “gang banging” of women and girls. Let's stand up and be counted by way of the hard-won votes we can now cast!

Little-Acorn
01-29-2008, 01:49 PM
It would appear that the NY State chapter of NOW is run by a complete loon.

No argument. But the point to be made here is, such lunatics are increasingly making their way into the very top tier of the Democrat party, from the DNC head to the Senate Majority Leader to their principal representative on the largest news show in the country.

The U.S. Democrat party is becoming the party of nuts, fruits, and flakes. Sensible people are being increasingly marginalized, and/or are leaving the party to become "independents" or even Republicans, as record number have been doing since 1992. OTOH, comparatively few Republicans have left to become Democrats over the same period.

BTW, the article in the original post, has now been published on NOW-New York's official web site. See it at http://www.nownys.org/pr_2008/pr_012808.html . And far from being modified or carefully mellowed out in the face of yesterday's firestorm of incredulous nationwide response, there is an extra paragraph:

This latest move by Kennedy, is so telling about the status of and respect for women’s rights, women’s voices, women’s equality, women’s authority and our ability – indeed, our obligation- to promote and earn and deserve and elect, unabashedly, a President that is the first woman after centuries of men who “know what’s best for us.

So much squalling about how eeeevil men are... squalling that was conspicuously absent after Mary Jo Kopechne ran out of air and started inhaling water while her inebriated paramour walked calmly back to his house without calling for help.

And these N.O.W. people in New York - one of the most populous states in the union - deliberately and carefully elected this person to be their president.

The N.O.W. gang is a sick bunch - a condition their leaders continue to display without any apparent bound... and without protest by their membership.

Kathianne
01-29-2008, 02:04 PM
What did I miss in the SC vote? Overwhelmingly the black vote went for Barack Obama, about 75%, the other 25% split between Clinton and Edwards, more for the former. The White vote went I believe over 25% for Obama, I know he carried more than 50% of white vote for those under 30, with the remainder split between Clinton and Edwards.

Now folks we are talking SC, the first state to secede from the Union. That does not add up to serious identity politics. I think having the race card played by the Clintons is what caused serious loss by Hillary.