PDA

View Full Version : third party runs

01-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I was just listening to some Hannity while i was doing some work. He was talking about some older reports where McCain was considering a third party run back in 2000 when he lost the nomination to Bush.

Could McCain be the one who goes independent?

Kathianne
01-28-2008, 04:18 PM
I was just listening to some Hannity while i was doing some work. He was talking about some older reports where McCain was considering a third party run back in 2000 when he lost the nomination to Bush.

No, McCain wouldn't, just like he considered in 2000, then backed off. He's 8 years older and knowledgeble enough to know if he can't run as GOP with independents, there aren't enough votes to be pulled from Democrats this time around.

Blomberg and Paul are different stories.

5stringJeff
01-28-2008, 08:20 PM
McCain wouldn't. Ron Paul very well might. And while Bloomberg likes to have his name in the paper every now and then, I very much doubt he runs in 08.

nevadamedic
01-28-2008, 08:26 PM

Nope, he will get the Republican nomination. Ron Paul and Bloomburg will run on a third party ticket.