PDA

View Full Version : defend the minute men, by making a quick phone call in support of them

actsnoblemartin
01-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Enrique the Moron has created a firestorm with his press release today. Read his garbage and then call Caltrans in Sacramento and tell them to ignore the Latino Hate Groups and keep our SDMM Highway right where it is! We are not a hate group, but Border Angels and the other illegal alien groups in San Diego are. We have an approved clean up this Saturday and plan to be their cleaning our highway.

Caltrans San Diego knows nothing about us losing our permit. Our sign is still up as of 1pm today. I have calls into elected leaders in Sacramento to check on this and will pass the word as soon as I hear more.

if you want the number, send me a message.

Little-Acorn
01-28-2008, 07:27 PM
ANM, I couldn't find anything about a press release by someone named Enrique, at least not in SignOnSanDiego. What did he say? Anything beyond the usual namecalling and racism?

Got a link?

actsnoblemartin
01-28-2008, 07:30 PM
just racist bullshit from enrique, here is the whole story

Enrique the Moron has created a firestorm with his press release today. Read his garbage and then call Caltrans in Sacramento and tell them to ignore the Latino Hate Groups and keep our SDMM Highway right where it is! We are not a hate group, but Border Angels and the other illegal alien groups in San Diego are. We have an approved clean up this Saturday and plan to be their cleaning our highway.

Caltrans San Diego knows nothing about us losing our permit. Our sign is still up as of 1pm today. I have calls into elected leaders in Sacramento to check on this and will pass the word as soon as I hear more.

Caltrans Sacramento: 916-651-2014 (leave a message if no answer).

they tell you to call 619-688-6678 (spoke with a nice lady)

SD MINUTEMEN CALTRANS SIGNS DOWNED Monday January 28, 2008
Just as soon as the SD Minutemen Caltrans signs went up , we stated “signs won’t last and we will be sure they are taken down, there is no way we were going to let these hate groups promote themselves on our freeways” stated Enrique Morones of Border Angels & Gente Unida.

Immediately after the San Diego Minutemen “adopt a freeway” signs” went up on Interstate 5 near the San Onofre check point. Border Angels & Gente Unida called out (January 12, 2008) to organizations, legislators and community members across the country to take the signs down !!!

Working closely with the California Latino Caucus, Caltrans, the Governors office and others, we were able to convince CATRANS that not only were they going against their own policy (of not allowing groups that promote violence and discrimination to be involved in Adopt a Freeway Program), but there was a huge security and safety risk to allow these signs and members of the San Diego Minutemen to “work” along side our roads.

This past week we were informed by Sacramento, that they concurred and the signs would come down. We especially want to thanks Assembly Member Joe Coto (Chair, Latino Caucus) and Lori Saldana (San Diego) as well as Senator Gil Cedillo (Vice Chair, Latino Caucus) for responding promptly to this huge “oversight” by CALTRANS and for working with CALTRANS to remove signs.

As we prepare for MARCHA MIGRANTE III ( Feb 2-17) we are pleased to know, that the caravan that will travel 4,5000 miles from San Diego to Canadian Border and back, will not have postings of Hate groups along the very roads we pay taxes for to maintain. Our message this year is TU VOTO, ES TU VOZ ! (your vote, is your voice) Let’s each of us make a difference in voting for someone that will give this country, Humane and Comprehensive Immigration Reform.

Contact info:

Enrique Morones

Border Angels/Gente Unida

P.O. Box 86598

San Diego, CA 92138

www.borderangels.org

(619) 269-7865

ANM, I couldn't find anything about a press release by someone named Enrique, at least not in SignOnSanDiego. What did he say? Anything beyond the usual namecalling and racism?

Got a link?