PDA

View Full Version : TSA tester slips mock bomb past airport security

nevadamedic
01-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Story Highlights

CNN goes along with a TSA tester, witnesses mock bomb slip past security
Tests such as one in Tampa, Florida, are conducted at airports nationwide
Transportation Security Administration typically keeps test results classified

While test results are classified and rarely leak out, those that have been disclosed typically don't inspire confidence. In tests conducted in 2006 and disclosed to USA Today last year, investigators successfully smuggled 75 percent of fake bombs through checkpoints at Los Angeles International Airport, 60 percent through Chicago's O'Hare International Airport and 20 percent at San Francisco International Airport.

Full Story..........
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/28/tsa.bombtest/index.html

Wow. Last week a passenger forgot he had a gun on him and made it on the plane when he remembered he had it. This week a mock bomb made it through Airport Security, what's next? Another 9/11?

5stringJeff
01-28-2008, 08:47 PM
TSA is worthless. The worst thing the government did after 9/11 was to nationalize airport security.

nevadamedic
01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
TSA is worthless. The worst thing the government did after 9/11 was to nationalize airport security.

What do you suggest then?

5stringJeff
01-29-2008, 06:16 PM
What do you suggest then?

Let either the airlines or local airports handle security.

LiberalNation
01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Man they put you through so much hassle and they still can't stop a bomb.

Kathianne
01-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Let either the airlines or local airports handle security.

Gotta agree. They know their communities, which makes a difference even at a place like O'Hare International. Now they have rent-a-security guy for $whatever, instead of the off duty cops that were obvious, regardless of uniform. They were not 'bored' as these folks seem to be, but they were hourly expensive, though rarely working more than a few hours.

We went from national guard with machine guns to Barney Fifes in a matter of a few years.

Mr. P
01-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Anyone remember "Federalize and Professionalize" ? Yeah, right. :laugh2:

Nuc
01-29-2008, 09:00 PM

They hire the people who are not smart enough to get jobs at fast food joints.

5stringJeff
01-29-2008, 09:02 PM

Unfortunately, yeah.

Sitarro
01-29-2008, 09:11 PM

If you think the ones that deal with the public are bad, you should see the dimwits behind the scene. I see them inside the bag room where they xray the checked bags, would be funny if what they were doing wasn't important. 1 out of 20 display any professionalism whatsoever.

Working behind the scenes at an airline has opened my eyes to what a joke the whole system is from getting bags on planes to the air traffic controllers to the pilots........ I find it amazing that there aren't numerous incidents every day.

Nuc
02-03-2008, 03:31 AM
If you think the ones that deal with the public are bad, you should see the dimwits behind the scene. I see them inside the bag room where they xray the checked bags, would be funny if what they were doing wasn't important. 1 out of 20 display any professionalism whatsoever.

Working behind the scenes at an airline has opened my eyes to what a joke the whole system is from getting bags on planes to the air traffic controllers to the pilots........ I find it amazing that there aren't numerous incidents every day.

No doubt whatsoever here.